Where to Ride?

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
scottyroll
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Where to Ride?

Post by scottyroll »

Hey yall I just moved up to Duval county and live off of JTB and i wanted to know if anybody on this site has any suggestions of where to ride airboats around here. I went over marsh landing and it looked promising but i don't know how to get down to the water with out jumping off the bridge lol. any help would be appreciated!!
:Scotty-Roll:
FLAwless

1999 14ft Alumitech deckover. ZZ502. 2.37 Stinger. 4 blade WW Falcon Prop
hill
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: Where to Ride?

Post by hill »

Scott , I don't have a airboat as we speak but have been wanting one for sometime now . I live off of JTB as well . I do know that some people ride down in palm valley . You put in at 210 bridge and go south . ( Deep water till you get to the marsh ) also some ride northside around Black Hamock Island . They put in at a boat ramp off of Levey Road I believe . Some ride black creek and the St. Johns around there ( but to me that would be alot of deep riding there ) There is a few people onsite from around here . I hope they chime in for you . Well at least I know there is at least one more Airboat near me when I finally get one . I'm sure I'll need the help when I get my first one . Thanks Hill Welcome to the site !!! It's the best ... give me a call if you have any questions 868-1796
If a bullfrog had a hip pocket he,d carry a pistol to shoot black snakes.
scottyroll
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by scottyroll »

Thanks for the warm welcome and input Hill. My boats still over in ocala so i just want to make sure i've got a good place to ride before i haul it up here. :P
FLAwless

willard3773
Southern Airboat Member

Post by willard3773 »

I have fished a couple of tournaments with my airboat up there We pot in off Heckshire drive and went north Look at google map and see where to go up there Make sure you stay away from the restricted zone around Burnt Island
GWTW-000
Southern Airboat Member

Post by GWTW-000 »

Welcome, Scotty there are a few on here from North Fl.. They will speak up when they read this.
bsquires
Southern Airboat Member

Post by bsquires »

Don't know much about Jacksonville area but just south we ride rodman resivore and lake george you are more than welcome to come down any weekend except this weekend (going scolliping this weekend). I would nor recomend riding rodman by your self. We are only about fifty miles south Jacksonville
There's always time for your priorities.
scottyroll
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by scottyroll »

Cj thanks for taking the time to explain the low down on boating around here...It is greatly appreciated! With details like that i must confess to being blind should i fail to find place to slide at! I'll have to keep an eye out for ya and buy ya beer at the outback crab shack when i get all situated down here :)

bsquires thanks for the invite, I haven't been out on lake George in years but would like to go explore it again. However, I did hear about some nasty weather that came through there about a month or two ago and capsized 3 or more boat and took 2 kids lives. I guess it can be pretty damn rough out on that big lake when the sun aint shinin :(
FLAwless

Return to “Airboat Talk”