Exaust setup

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
machinestles
Southern Airboat Member

Exaust setup

Post by machinestles »

Jolly Rodger asked me to post a photo of my exaust setup for those who did not get to the FAA show yesterday. The photo is in my gallery. I tried to get it on here but had difficulty. It is a super quiet setup with a 78 inch superwide and a 2.68 stinger.
This is my first airboat and it took first place automotive fiberglass. I have to be honest, it was the only boat in the class. Even though the trophy was by default I'm still proud of the boat. I got a lot of positive comments.
All of the ideas I got for the boat came from the people and photos on this site, country and fatboy0054 specifically for the exaust setup. I also bought many of the parts from people I met on his site. I scoured the classifides daily. This is a great website, and it was good to put faces on screenames at the show.
Hope to ride with yall soon.
Lester
Old school american manufacturer.
yobee
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: Exaust setup

Post by yobee »

Checked out the pics (i dunno how to post em either haha) Boat looks really good i like it a lot. Im assuming your whole boat is real quiet with the superwides and that sweet exhaust setup! Good job les!
Life is great, without it you'd be dead.
Volusia County Sportsmen's Conservation Association Member
http://lakeokeechobeeairboatassociation.org/
Continental powered Performance hull.
JOLLY ROGER
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by JOLLY ROGER »

Here it is Les . Thanks

Not A Pirate, Just a Redneck named Roger
that likes to have fun !

http://www.jollyrogeradventures.com
wilsonnet
Southern Airboat Member

Post by wilsonnet »

Nice, may have to use that example if I could ever find a gas pedal fo it! :mrgreen:
steve32796
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by steve32796 »

Is that just a regular 2 inlet 2 outlet automotive muffler? Does it have an X pipe in it?
If guns kill people, then spoons make people fat.
wildcard
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by wildcard »

why is everyone so hep over this,contry 141 had more than this years ago , :lol: :lol: :P junk
wildcard
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by wildcard »

CNTRY141 HAD MORE AND BETTER YEARS AGO QUITER ALSO
machinestles
Southern Airboat Member

Post by machinestles »

wildcard. If you would have read my post on this you would have noted I gave country and fatboy0054 full credit for giving me the idea to do this. I'm not trying to one up anyone. I thought they did a great job and I followed their lead. It works. They did it because they give a damn and so do I.
Lester
Old school american manufacturer.
NotAGuide
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by NotAGuide »

Not to change the subject, but what and where did you find your lower radiator hose?
Professional JB Welder
Old 18' American hull, 470CID S&S, Ch3 2:1, 3-blade Whirlwind Whisper Tip
SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by SwampMatt »

That's a great looking setup for the muffler. I'm going to copy that also. I know from cntry's and fatboy's boats that is very quiet. The dual exhaust is always gonna be louder than the combined! X-over or not!

But what is the answer to that question above? Is it a regular 2in/2out muffler or has it got the X inside of it. (and does that even matter?)

On the radiator hose, I ran a similar looking one, I bought 1.5 inch MARINE FUEL LINE from Amazon hose in Orlando, and it has not failed me after 5 years. It's got hardened spring steel in it to keep it from collapsing and it's just about bullet proof. I had to cut it with a metal-works chop saw! You can buy it by the foot, as I recall it was not too bad in the price... maybe $1.50 per foot. I remember buying about a 12 foot piece of it to do the hoses on our boat. Made by Goodyear I believe. Brand name stuff!

Hey Wildcard, you got that muffler setup on your boat too? :P

matt.
cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq »

easy everybody it is all good LOL Glad I helped someone instead of makin em mad LOL see I am workin on my people skills
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

Return to “Airboat Talk”