JANES PLACE

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
C1gator
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

JANES PLACE

Post by C1gator »

Any of you south Fla folks familiar with a little bar called Janes Place? It was off 29....A little spot out in the middle of no where....It was a great place to go get a spankin if you felt a little froggy.....I was down that way a while back and didn't see it, I thought I just missed it....Is it still there?

wtfjr
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: JANES PLACE

Post by wtfjr »

It's been gone for years!!!!! My cousins use to frequent it since they lived in Copeland , just down the street.

C1gator
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by C1gator »

The structure is gone, or is it just shut down.........I had some fun in there back in the day......Thanks

Cherpa
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Cherpa »

Man, your going back a few years. That place was on the east side of US 29 between Copeland & Jerome. Used to hunt off Jane's Scenic Drive before Gulf Amer. Land Corp. bought all that property up. Jane's Rest. & Bar is gone, has been for years.
We grow too soon old and too late smart.

C1gator
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by C1gator »

Your right Cherpa, I guess my a$$ is gettin old....My uncle had a place back in there down a limerock road not far from Janes....As been said before, good ole days...I use to wear the bass out in them ditches they dug to build the roads...I probably wouldn't recognize nothing now....I wish I could have spent more time down there...Jane's was about the only thing going on back then, unless you rode to Naples or into Everglades City....

Return to “Airboat Talk”