SOUTHERN AIRBOAT ... DAD OF THE YEAR

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

SOUTHERN AIRBOAT ... DAD OF THE YEAR

Post by cntry141iq »

There are of course a lot of great dads on here ... They all deserve recognition for raising kids during these troubling times for sure.

This is about finding one really special man who goes above and beyond for his kids and truly represents and promotes airboating to his kids.

Stan, Roho, Ricky duke and I were standing at the sandbar this last weekend during the LCAC poker run and this topic came up.

I nominate BRIAN PARKER aka SWAMPDRAGSTER for this one .. he takes his kids everywhere his airboat goes either on his boat or on their own boats. Now don't get me wrong his boys are all boys for sure they are a handful for sure. He is certainly raisin them right so far from what all of us could come up with.

Ok ya'll have at it and do some nominating of your own and as this goes along w ecan narrow it down with a poll or two I am sure. maybe we could get some donations for a prize/trophy of some sort. Any takers????
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

R L Williams
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Re: SOUTHERN AIRBOAT ... DAD OF THE YEAR

Post by R L Williams »

Damn good idea Cntry, Brian Parker is a good choice, I second the nomination. :D
He does put a lot of mouth in the performance posts tho. :lol:
"GRASS SCOOTER"
Member of the over the hill gang.
United Sportsmen Airboaters Alliance.
NRA life member.

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce »

ive never actually seen him in real life but he built his lil guy a boat which i think is awesome because itll keep him outta trouble later on in life so ill third it
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear »

I think ANY dad that can get kids growed up in today's world deserves the DAD OF THE YEAR AWARD! Same for moms too!.
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by SwampMatt »

Cntry, I don't know the guy, but I do know you and Stan and Roho and if you all say it, I'll vote for it!

That's a good idea to recognize someone for the big picture stuff - and it don't get much bigger picture than the next generation!

jrbass333
Southern Airboat Member

Post by jrbass333 »

I will give Brian my vote, he lets his boys be boys like I recall , when they start getting to rough he is their get them straight .I don,t know what happens at home but all he has to do is say ya,ll straight up .

CaneFan
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by CaneFan »

Whitebear wrote:I think ANY dad that can get kids growed up in today's world deserves the DAD OF THE YEAR AWARD! Same for moms too!.
Here here!!! It ain't easy.
"You've gotta be tuff if your gonna be stupid."-Cowboy
"A lazy man will work himself to death."-Grandpa Symons

stan
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by stan »

He has my vote also. I can remember a time when he would ride one or two of them in the Basket under the seat.

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq »

R L Williams wrote:Damn good idea Cntry, Brian Parker is a good choice, I second the nomination. :D
He does put a lot of mouth in the performance posts tho. :lol:
R L you are right about the mouth LOL but you know when somebody puts that much effort into his kids you can sorta let a lot of other stuff slide ... I didn't say he was perfect ... just a great DAD.

Whitebear .. you are right as well these are trying times ... but this is about singling out one individual

CMON now folks there has to be more than one nominee just list the name and the reason/credentials/what have you that makes them stand out from the others ...
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

Bucknasty
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Bucknasty »

I cant think of anyone else. I dont think I have ever been out and seen him without his boys! Racing or riding, they are always with him. They have their own boat, and that is just cool! Hell, I tried to buy a hull from him earlier this week, and he wouldnt sell it to me because his son had claimed it. He told me, " my boy would kill me if I sold that hull, He has claimed it already." It's truly, I think, not about him. Its about his kids and the fun and memories they make!

Raising your children the RIGHT way! The way it should be!
" I'm a bird watcher and I'm looking for a Big Breasted Bed Thrasher: have you seen one? "

Joe
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Joe »

Rick, he puts up with us no matter who's fighting arguing or just being a dick! And he's alway fair and there to help if he can!
Compromise is for those that cant get it done!!

Equal rights for Southern Whites!

Seminole Wind
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Seminole Wind »

I would like to nominate Gatorchaser.
THROW ALL THE RAT BASTARDS OUT.....RE-ELECT NO ONE!!!
F.T.M.F.
Be safe and keep yer knees in da breeze;
Vinny

http://community.webshots.com/user/hdbuckwheat
http://www.highlifter.com
http://www.svtperformance.com

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by painterchic »

I'll nominate Goldhunter, he's raising his boys by himself for the most part and while I'm sure they are a handful too, they are some of the most polite kids I have ever met, and smart too!!! They love to go airboating and hunting and all sorts of other things that are outdoors. He's done a GREAT job with them in my opinion.

T :smurfin:
Painterchic Custom Paint and Vinyl
607-345-9394
PainterchicVinyl@gmail.com

www.Painterchic.com
Tonia Painterchic Suarez on Facebook
Painterchic Vinyl on Facebook and Etsy
Skeeter Bug Gifts on Facebook

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq »

allright now we are cookin ... lets get some pics of these guys and their kids involved in airboat activities after all this is SOUTHERN AIRBOAT...

C1gator
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by C1gator »

I'm gonna go with Scotty (white bear) Cowboy or Rick...Over 7000 yungins to look after and they still got most of there marbles....On a serious note, this is a great idea.....Good luck to the winner I am sure it will be deserving.....

wildcard
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by wildcard »

I'll go with brian,those kids are a handfull,especially the little one

Darryl
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by Darryl »

I second Gator Chaser. I have never seen him without his kids yet. Always camping, hunting, and airboating with them.
Darryl
>>>----->

rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Sure sounds like a well deserving award to me.

Ain't much of a prize considering what good parents do, but we could send the winning family shirts & stickers.

Rick

JOLLY ROGER
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by JOLLY ROGER »

rick wrote:Sure sounds like a well deserving award to me.

Ain't much of a prize considering what good parents do, but we could send the winning family shirts & stickers.

Rick
If this was for "Pop of the year" you would be hands down the winner Rick. But this is really hard because off the top of my head besides gator chaser and Brian, I know Glades Cat, Cane Fan. Cowboy, Rich Andrews, Mydixiewrecked and Huntingbigun are just as deserving. If it comes down to a vote for one ,count me out, because I know all these guys are great fathers and would do anything for their Kids. Here's to all you Fathers {and Mothers} who are raising them little Cracker babies up right !
Not A Pirate, Just a Redneck named Roger
that likes to have fun !

http://www.jollyrogeradventures.com

plumcrazy
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by plumcrazy »

it would be hard to choose, im just thankful my kids are well and they still love me......after i raise them

Coverall
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Coverall »

Brian will have 2 of his children if not 4 every time you see him. I have my one with me and he is a hand full. Hat's off Brian you have my vote. I don't care at races in Okechobee airboat rides on Kiss chain,Lake George They go with dad. Keep it up Brian.

Champ18ft
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Champ18ft »

I don't know this Man Brian but from the Pics he sure does seem to have it together with his kids. And that is Great. I don't know anyone Special to Nominate for this Prestigious position. But I know I have seen many of Dad's on the water with their kids in tow. So I say to ALL Dads that do what it takes to give them love show them the ways deserve to be Dads of the year.
Last edited by Champ18ft on Thu May 20, 2010 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
13-5' Gilleo Lazer 0-540 A/V 74" Q
ImageImage

dantheairboatman
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by dantheairboatman »

Way to go Brian! 8) Few may no Brian really got me into airboating and gave me the full fledge fever!! spent many a day with Brian and the kids on the water. special thanks to you for your help and friend ship through the years. Keep it up super dad :) used to wounder how you juggled 5 kids? Now i got three of my own. Them boys are good at driving all kinds of things. make most city parent stroke out to watch them go!! to all dads spending time with there kids. hats off!
Ox Box. Billet gear reductions and clutch systems
Sensenich propellers dealer.
Airboat consulting.
Dan@352 812 2239

anvil
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by anvil »

dantheairboatman wrote:Way to go Brian! 8) Few may no Brian really got me into airboating and gave me the full fledge fever!! spent many a day with Brian and the kids on the water. special thanks to you for your help and friend ship through the years. Keep it up super dad :) used to wounder how you juggled 5 kids? Now i got three of my own. Them boys are good at driving all kinds of things. make most city parent stroke out to watch them go!! to all dads spending time with there kids. hats off!

I can tell you he is the dad of the year with out a doubt. He had the whole bunch with him at the poker run. After he poisoned me with the race boat addiction I asked him to adopt me. I am still sulking after the quick refusal.
All kidding aside I raised my sons by my self for seven years I know what it takes to be a real dad. They all turned in to fine men . Brian has that beat hands down. He is building memories with those kids that will carry with them for the rest of their lives. How many small kids do you see with the confidence they exibit. He dosent tell them they caint do somthing he shows them how to do it safely
I am hoping he will read this and reconsider my adoption.
The company of men who seek the truth is much prefered to those who think they have it

Ride boat 14 ft Don Davis Davis sled iron sbc

dizzydana
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by dizzydana »

I don't have the perfect answer on what a Good Dad is, but I do know that his boys are lucky they have a dad that showers them with love. You can't ask for much more than that. Another vote for Brian.
If your boat's sinkin, swim out to it.

Return to “Airboat Talk”