CYPRESS LAKE FISH CAMP SOLD!!!

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
GMAC 76
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

CYPRESS LAKE FISH CAMP SOLD!!!

Post by GMAC 76 »

the fish camp rv park at cypress lake has been sold the new name is boggy creek airboats at wild florida no mention of a camp or rv park in the new name thats kind of scary for those of us who live here no word on what the new owners have planned for the camp time will tell i guess hope they clean it up and it continues on cause its a pretty special place for an old airboater to be

Dave1
Southern Airboat Member

Re: CYPRESS LAKE FISH CAMP SOLD!!!

Post by Dave1 »

The landing at Lake Cypress was in the old days and remains today one of the main gateways into a great airboat recreational area. Hopefully that will not change with the new ownership.

I unloaded my 11' Grasshopper airboat there many many times beginning in 1971 or 72 when the landing was merely a deep hole at the end of the dirt road. There were a few hunting/fishing shacks and camps built on stilts there. I wish I had some photos of the landing from that era. I spent countless hours, days, and nights riding and hunting from there down to the south end of Lake Kissimmee. We would see more hogs than cattle back then. While it has been many years since I have been there, I remember those days like they were yesterday.

Dave

GMAC 76
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Re: CYPRESS LAKE FISH CAMP SOLD!!!

Post by GMAC 76 »

dave, i sure wish i could have been around here back then some of the pictures and stories about this area from years ago are really something some of the cabins on stilts are still here and are used and enjoyed on a regular basis a couple of them are now owned by two of my best buddies so i get to hang out there when they are around its areal treat and i never take it for granted when the lake trails are wet and gardner/cobb marsh has water its still some of the best running anywhere hopefully that will never change even if they ruin the fish camp

Return to “Airboat Talk”