need prop advice

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
rjonesboy
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

need prop advice

Post by rjonesboy »

I am running a high compression, dual mag GPU on a 13x7.5 Alumitech with polymer. I currently have a74" 2 blade narrow Sensenich. I am going to change props tying to get more push. I would like some opinions on whether I should buy two Q-series blades(keep my hub), or I have a chance to buy a 72" 3 blade narrow sensenich. I don't care about top end just push. Which would be better for my needs?

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq »

At the risk of soundin like a smartaleck I will say call don at sensenitch or patty at whirlwind or bette ryet call Faron, his cell number is ion the other prop post going on right now on here. just a thought, Fraon likes calls instead of writing it down these days.
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

Skeeter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Skeeter »

I currently run a converted GPU/520.I have always run a 3 blade sensenich.I tried the Qseries and liked it equally.You will lose some top end,But jump out of the hole and ground push is great.But I do not like it enough to change my blades.Thats my 2 cents.Hope it helps

rjonesboy
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by rjonesboy »

I purchased a 3-blade Sensenich yesterday and look forward to trying it this weekend on Okeechobee. Thanks Skeeter

Skeeter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Skeeter »

Start out at the 2 mark and set from there,more less pitch.I run max RPM at 2900.And it works great.I was running around the 1 3/4 mark with my stock 220.I'm know right at the 3 mark after the 220/520.Good luck.

Return to “Airboat Talk”