Lake George 7/10/10

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
stan
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Lake George 7/10/10

Post by stan » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:10 pm

While Saturday started out pretty normal the way the day ended was unexpected. It started out Friday night with a call from RibBone requesting that I meet him and Yobe at the lake. After a good breakfast at O’Brains in Volusia (that’s what we call the east side of the river in Astor). Cheryl ,The Dog and I awaited at the Coffee Pot Ramp for Yobe and Rib Bone. The Outlaw Boat arrived with Glen onboard ,now me knowing the I had seen Glen and Cindy pass by earlier on his DD Chevy boat I was concerned with his appearance back at the rramp on someone else’s boat I was hoping for the best knowing it was’nt good.
When questioned he stated that he had sunk his boat in Big Juniper that Cindy was on a Kicker boat at the site and he needed a lift to Volusia Bar ramp to get his truck so he could go get his pontoon boat in astor. Of course I obliged to take him to his truck by way of water and told him we would meet him at his sunk boat.
Cindy was sure proud to see us pull up, some good kicker boaters had took her and her 2 little dogs aboard and after assessing the situation we loaded up her and her 2 little dogs on the big boat. A lot of people stopped and offered help while were waiting for Glens returned .Tyson ,Redneck, Jessie and Stacey pulled up about the same time that Glen did and offered there help. With some rigging and pulling and bailing the crew brought the boat to the surface
With that done I meet up with RibBone and Yobe ,we ate off of RibBones grill up the run, left there and eased through Little Juniper and head to the Glen were we soaked for a while in the cool waters till it was time for Yobe to depart . RibBone, Queenie,Cheryl,The Dog and I headed to the Car seat on the west side of the lake.
At the Car Seat Rib broke out the left over sausage that we had for lunch and it was very welcomed.While polishing off the last bit of Venison Italiano we hweard a boat coming on the lake. As the wind was blowing pretty hard we could tell the driver was having to hammer on it pretty good. We could tell that it was a AC boat from the way it sounded . Kinda like the sound made when ya rev one of those AC motors up with the fly weights takin out. After a short while the boat got near and it sounded like some one hit a home run and then it was quiet . Rib stated that it sounded like something whent bad and we might orta go see if we might be of some help. We left the car seat and arrived upon two boats on the edge of the lake were they had the bilge going on a GTO boat trying to keep it afloat evidently the had a catastrophic failure of something the cuase of wich is still unkown to me what it did do was took out the prop, starter,altenator, cage and put a hole in the hull and cracked the engine case we loaded travises famly up on the Big Boat Threw a line from it to the damage AC boat and headed to the ramp bout 4 miles of shallow water away cept for the River crossing. The bilge pump was left on and we were in hope that it would stay ahead of the leak, I think the battery went dead as it took about an hour and a half to get to the ramp. We did make it across the river with out sinking which was a plus.

The boat was on the trailer and the Sun was going down as Cheryl ,The Dog and I headed home reminiscing about the days events.

PS Glen also stated that Cindy had bought a new camera and he sunk the boat tring to get Cindy up close and personal to a Gator for a good picture. Picture this a Sunk boat ,a man, his wife and there 2 little dogs a swimin and one hungry Gator.
Last edited by stan on Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

yobee
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: Lake George 7/10/10

Post by yobee » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:23 pm

Was a good day indeed Stan, good meeting you and cheryl, Im glad I passed your little juniper "test" LOL!!! Some of them branches were about an inch from my cage! hahaha Hell if your big boat was fitting I knew mine would! We'll do it again soon for sure.
Life is great, without it you'd be dead.
Volusia County Sportsmen's Conservation Association Member
http://lakeokeechobeeairboatassociation.org/
Continental powered Performance hull.

aherr520
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by aherr520 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:01 pm

well it looks like I missed all the fun last weekend is anybody going this saturday to the run?
aaof member

GAR GAL
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by GAR GAL » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:04 pm

Stan - I ran into a friend at a party Tuesday evening and he said he had an airboat story to tell me. He and his family were riding up Juniper last weekend in their kicker boat and saw a flag sticking out of the water. At first they thought someone was diving until they got closer and saw it was a sunk airboat. He told about putting the lady and the dogs in the boat but he didn't get any names. small world
Glad it turned out all right.
14' Diamondback - 383 Stroker - 2.7 Ballistic - 3 Blade R

dudda bug
Southern Airboat Member

Post by dudda bug » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:13 pm

Lator on, long about the time I went to scratchen. tyson informed me that the tree I used to tye the rope to had poison ivy all over it! man, let me tell ya (eeeat uuuppp with it)

RiseAboveIt
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by RiseAboveIt » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:15 pm

Been ther done that. Check my gallery. :lol:
No matter what happens... Just Rise Above It.

nomad41
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by nomad41 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Some days are an adventure.Glad nobody was hurt other then some pride maybe.Glad you were there to help.Thats what its all about.helping each other.Bob
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nomad41/
Treasurer FAA
Member:FAA, KRVSA ,IRCAA, FSCA

My old boat 14.5x8 Diamondback ,SBC Stroker,2.68 Stinger,Sensenich 82" R
Svcliche@yahoo.com

wildcard
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by wildcard » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:21 pm

cindy,that is what you get for taking a picture of my a$$ and posting it all over Astor,sorry about you're new camera but you did'nt need one you need to yeach glen to drive boat and not worry about pictures :bounce: :bounce: :roll: :lol: :lol:glad everything came out all right ,lol about through with race car hope to see you weekend .yobee sorry I missed you want to meet you.jr always a pleasure, sorry I missed you race cars are first when you're running for points

yobee
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by yobee » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:42 pm

Ill be back out wildcard! There was a few folks at the run I was gonna introduce myself too, but I kept listening to stan and Jr tell lies lol. Next time!

wildcard
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by wildcard » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:53 pm

don,t listen to stan,lies??? he is talking ? maybe truth maybe not???

yobee
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by yobee » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:05 am

wildcard wrote:don,t listen to stan,lies??? he is talking ? maybe truth maybe not???
I knew the were lies because cheryl stood right next to me and said "Don't believe that! That's a lie!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:15 am

NOW WAIT A MIUTE HERE .... LIE??? not stan .. maybe a little embellishment ... but he wouldn't lie LOL
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

Return to “Airboat Talk”