Who can identify this hull?

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
SWAMPCRACKER
Southern Airboat Member

Who can identify this hull?

Post by SWAMPCRACKER » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:37 am

Hey guys I was just wondering if any of yall could identify my old hull...I was never able to figure out who it was made by or what style... I'm sorta thinking some kind of palm beach hull because of the palm beach style single rudder that was on it...I bought it from a friend who bought it from a guy out in the cypress somewhere...another thing that you cant see from the pic is that it had big black numbers on the front deck so im thinking maybe an old palm beach game warden boat and maybe they were put on for the boat to be identified from the air from like a helicopter or plane...another odd thing was that it had 2 rudder sticks at the top seat and bottom seat with 2 different throttles to operate from either seat which i thought was weird. I did a little work to it but was never able to get it on the water didnt have the time or space so i ended up getting rid of it wish i didnt though...It was a 12x7 aluminum 3/4 deck...here's a pic its not the best...
Attachments
20264_103549026335080_100000399504083_90075_328957_n.jpg
20264_103549026335080_100000399504083_90075_328957_n.jpg (6.34 KiB) Viewed 1099 times
~ WAY DOWN SOUTH IN THE EVERGLADES ~
~ WHERE THE BLACK WATER ROLLS AND THE SAWGRASS WAVES ~

lgower
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Who can identify this hull?

Post by lgower » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:05 am

looks a bit like a bear hull, I have one thats a full deck, kinda hard to tell with the pic
Lee and DeAnne
0540 , Jimmy white Square nose , ss rigging

swamp runner
Southern Airboat Member

Post by swamp runner » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:36 am

not a good pic but the hump bow looks like a grasshopper ?
12' HAMANT ULTRALIGHT - 180 LYCOMING - 68" CYPRESS SERIES

Crazy Frog
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Crazy Frog » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:23 am

Hard to tell with the sm. picture, tried saving and enlarging, but the pixels just aren't there? If you have any photo editing software try enlarging it before you load it in to this site, cant remember the max allowed. As far as the boat, I don't think it's Grasshopper, because they were wider in the front than in the rear, looks like it has that palm-beach roll in the rear. To be honest it could be homemade, their were a lot of Harry Home Owner hulls built back in the day's, I think some of the early Frannie's had that Hump???
Buy the way it's a cool looking little boat, just what I'm fixin to build (some thing lite and sips Obama :thefinger: Fuel).

Did you scan that picture or take a pic of the pic?? :thumbup: :thumbup:

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by SwampMatt » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:44 pm

Are you gonna put that postage stamp on your photo and mail it to us?
LOL :lol:

Hard to see in that photo. Usually Rick or Scotty are happy to help a user post a photo if you're having a difficult time with it. They usually ask it to me mailed to them. Or maybe you can post it in the gallery here?

SWAMPCRACKER
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SWAMPCRACKER » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:23 am

Sorry guys about the pic...I tried to re size it but the pixels turned blurry. It was taken off of my old cell phone and it didnt have the best picture taking technology ! lol it did have the roll on the bow deck and the transom had that palm beach style roll also the rear deck slanted down to the middle of the transom...I'll try working on taking a better pic and resizing it for you guys to get a better look at it...Also it's the only pic that I have... :( Ok here's kind of a better pic of it I resized it and did some editing to sharpen it up a little...
Attachments
my boat.jpg
my boat.jpg (27.88 KiB) Viewed 654 times
~ WAY DOWN SOUTH IN THE EVERGLADES ~
~ WHERE THE BLACK WATER ROLLS AND THE SAWGRASS WAVES ~

Return to “Airboat Talk”