Gardener Marsh

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
SteveReid
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Re: Gardener Marsh

Post by SteveReid » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:17 pm

I have no ideal what you're talking about. No one has been behind my boat all day. If I ever blow or interfere with anyone in any way I'm truly sorry. I go to great length to make sure I don't interfere with anyone. I have no ideal how, where or when this could have happened. Sorry

lariat
Southern Airboat Member

Post by lariat » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:27 pm

SteveReid wrote:I have no ideal what you're talking about. No one has been behind my boat all day. If I ever blow or interfere with anyone in any way I'm truly sorry. I go to great length to make sure I don't interfere with anyone. I have no ideal how, where or when this could have happened. Sorry
It may not have been you Steve, but someone with a big car motor boat with Daffy Duck on the rudders got me pretty good around noon. I was on a blue palm beach style boat sitting up in a hammock eating lunch under the oaks. There was a 4 cyl sled boat came in then the "Daffy Duck" boat. Like I said earlier, I'm not the type to get bent out of shape over getting blown because "it" happens from time to time, but whoever got me today didn't even acknowledge that they did it, and my son was with me.

SteveReid
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by SteveReid » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:07 pm

I have everything on video and just looked at it and i have no idea what your talking about. If you got some of my prop wash I'm sorry but I don't see how it could have been that extreme. I will process the video and you can see why I don't understand. Again I'm very sorry.

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:11 pm

Steve, that was when we left Square Pond and headed into Gumby's. I had already stopped and the back of your boat swung around and blew the guy pretty good. It was totally an accident. Steve even told me that at the last second he saw the mud and didn't want to stop in it and tried to pull up on the other side of me but the ground pushed him around. Lariat, I'm certain Steve did not realize he had blown you so hard. You and your son were very stand up and took it in stride. I guarantee there was no malice or irresponsible operation. It was just one of thise things that happen when airboating. I should have told Steve what happened but you guys seemed cool so I let it go. I apologize as well.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

FLA BOY
Southern Airboat Member

Post by FLA BOY » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:08 am

digginfool wrote:Steve, that was when we left Square Pond and headed into Gumby's. I had already stopped and the back of your boat swung around and blew the guy pretty good. It was totally an accident. Steve even told me that at the last second he saw the mud and didn't want to stop in it and tried to pull up on the other side of me but the ground pushed him around. Lariat, I'm certain Steve did not realize he had blown you so hard. You and your son were very stand up and took it in stride. I guarantee there was no malice or irresponsible operation. It was just one of thise things that happen when airboating. I should have told Steve what happened but you guys seemed cool so I let it go. I apologize as well.

Kudos to all involved guys. Way to handle it like TRUE gentleman. Take responsibility if there is an issue and apologize. :thumbleft: :thumbleft:
GSO480/12' Hammant
GPU/12' Richochet

mrhuffy
Southern Airboat Member

Post by mrhuffy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:17 am

kwanjangnihm,

Thank you for the directions.
Mike Hoffman
KRVSA Member

lariat
Southern Airboat Member

Post by lariat » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:54 am

digginfool wrote:Steve, that was when we left Square Pond and headed into Gumby's. I had already stopped and the back of your boat swung around and blew the guy pretty good. It was totally an accident. Steve even told me that at the last second he saw the mud and didn't want to stop in it and tried to pull up on the other side of me but the ground pushed him around. Lariat, I'm certain Steve did not realize he had blown you so hard. You and your son were very stand up and took it in stride. I guarantee there was no malice or irresponsible operation. It was just one of thise things that happen when airboating. I should have told Steve what happened but you guys seemed cool so I let it go. I apologize as well.
Yes. That sounds exactly like what happened, but I couldn't be sure because I had to turn my head! :lol: Evidently Steve still doesn't think he blew me so that would explain why I didn't get any kind of acknowledgement or aplology. Like I said earlier......"IT" happens!. It's all good!

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:43 pm

My wife likes to build these little videos on Google+. She did this one of our trip to KCOL yesterday with SteveReid.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11299827 ... 2321704535
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:57 pm

unforgiven11B wrote:Hey diggin, where's that road crossing at toward the end of that video? Thanks
That is between Gumby's and Hole in the Wall in Gardner's Marsh.

victorg
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by victorg » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:15 pm

Hey Diggin/Steve, nice meeting you guys yesterday. I'm sure I'll run into you again out on the water. I'm usually at Cypress, but when we finish the new build I"ll be keeping an eye out for any post for a South Florida ride!

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:27 pm

As high as the water is right now, the Marsh will probably be good to go well into Spring.

SteveReid
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by SteveReid » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:50 pm

victorg wrote:Hey Diggin/Steve, nice meeting you guys yesterday. I'm sure I'll run into you again out on the water. I'm usually at Cypress, but when we finish the new build I"ll be keeping an eye out for any post for a South Florida ride!
Victor hit me up anytime, was good meeting y'all. I videoed all day and edited the first third. I'm learning editing but i'm getting better because now i'm working with my Gopro 4. Just need to learn when to splice my music. I'll get there. Here you go digging!! http://youtu.be/QIhHmf0SqCg?list=UUY82H ... KSob-2z4RA

SteveReid
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by SteveReid » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:27 pm

http://youtu.be/WLUVk2gSR6w?list=UUY82H ... KSob-2z4RA ...Another if you like a little Johnny Cash!

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kwanjangnihm » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:00 pm

Great videos Steve - thanks for sharing!! :rebel:
" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:56 pm

victorg wrote:Hey Diggin/Steve, nice meeting you guys yesterday. I'm sure I'll run into you again out on the water. I'm usually at Cypress, but when we finish the new build I"ll be keeping an eye out for any post for a South Florida ride!
Good to meet you too, Victor. If you ever want to get down this way, let me know. I'd be happy to show you around our part of the woods.

Return to “Airboat Talk”