Last trip up the run for 2010

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
stan
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Last trip up the run for 2010

Post by stan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:51 pm

I set out Saturday morning with the intent on repairing my Kohler motor on the little boat. About a month ago Ricky Duke and myself were out and about one evening gatherin up a few frogs when my little motor started missing on a cylinder. I would reach back and wiggle a plug wire and it would start hitting again. So naturally I took to checking the wires and coils with no luck at all. I then went to the plugs with no luck. I then turned my attention to the carb which I figured was the problem all along I just didn’t want to make the effort to tear it done, but I did. Seems the 38hp Kohler carries a two barrel carb and what I found was trash in the air bleeds was causing the carb to go rich thereby fouling a plug on one cylinder. With a lot a work and about 4 hours I felt I had the problem corrected and was ready for an attempt on a frog or two.
I put a call in to Ricky and Roho letting them know that I would be on the lake by 7:00 pm and they were welcome to come, which was only right since Roho had mentioned that there were supposed to be frogs out of late and Ricky has been chompin at the bit to go. Cheryl and I met up with Roho and Jessie, Ricky and Karen ( Karen does the gigging ) . Are frogin adventure went well I ended up with a fair sack of frogs which for the limited amount of cover that was there was amazing or maybe cntry just taught me well. The little boat didn’t miss a lick all night and I reckon I burn’t about 2 gallons a of gas in 5 hours of froggin. While I was stabbin frogs Cheryl received a call from Hogskinner requesting are presents up the run Sunday for a taste of fresh Deer meat and Before leaving for home I made arrangements with Ricky to also fry the frogs up in the run Sunday .
Sunday Cheryl ,The Dog and I found are selves on the Big Boat, Yea by using the little boat the night before I had a few bucks left for some Cadi gas.
Up the run we gained up with Hog Skinner, Jennifer,Wildcard, Glenn, Ricky Duke and Karen, Jimmie and Joan and a few others were we fried Beef Steak, Doe Tender Loin, Frog Legs and Hush puppies. The only thing we were missing was the Tatters seems we all forgot to bring any Oh well maybe next year. As hunting season is drawing near I figured this would be my last trip up the run till next Spring. I reckon good times don’t last for ever.

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: Last trip up the run for 2010

Post by fl cracker » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:02 pm

I should have hung around alittle later for some of those frogs. Mabe next time!
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2017 Al David / stroked LS

Coverall
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Coverall » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:37 pm

Happy hunting & good luck Stan

skinny99
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by skinny99 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:37 pm

Them frog legs and that doe meat was good! Thanks :D
Successful people do what others won't or can't!

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:11 pm

Damn stan wish I coulda been there .. you learned good ... LOL tell em all I said hi as you see em during huntin season. One of these days this recession will end .. I got my mom situated for the time being but it about broke me and it is hard to recover in a depression.. Later man
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

Return to “Airboat Talk”