13'6" Stossel Boat in Okeechobee FOR SALE.

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Post Reply
fantail mullet
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:24 pm

13'6" Stossel Boat in Okeechobee FOR SALE.

Post by fantail mullet » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:26 am

Does anyone know who had the 13'6" Stossel hull with no motor for sale in Okeechobee about 90 days ago? Let me know who to contact if you know.
Also has anyone used automotive oil in their GPU'S and if so what make and weight.

User avatar
JAMES
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 8569
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:31 pm
Location: cocoa
Contact:

Re: 13'6" Stossel Boat in Okeechobee FOR SALE.

Post by JAMES » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:32 am

i dont no who had the boat but their was talk about auto oil in the gpu
their a few people that do it ......on this site i have a buddy who runs 50wt reg motor oil in his valvalien no problems at all...they will smoke a lil more ... but runs great been running for yrs
but why do that when u can run the ac oil for 40bucks a case that whay i pay all day long auto oil cost 3.00 per quart 12 quarts x 3 = 36 bucks u aint saving no money
https://m.facebook.com/321ccc/?ref=bookmarks Wp383 268 rotator 3 bld WT/EX 14.4 perdator

matt n
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:59 am

Re: 13'6" Stossel Boat in Okeechobee FOR SALE.

Post by matt n » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:31 pm

He is a friend of mine what do you need to know?

User avatar
GIMAMMOTH
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 2831
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:04 pm
Location: Sanford FL

Re: 13'6" Stossel Boat in Okeechobee FOR SALE.

Post by GIMAMMOTH » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:39 pm

JAMES wrote:i dont no who had the boat but their was talk about auto oil in the gpu
their a few people that do it ......on this site i have a buddy who runs 50wt reg motor oil in his valvalien no problems at all...they will smoke a lil more ... but runs great been running for yrs
but why do that when u can run the ac oil for 40bucks a case that whay i pay all day long auto oil cost 3.00 per quart 12 quarts x 3 = 36 bucks u aint saving no money
\

can you get me some info on the $40 a case for ac oil.. id like to get a few case's..

thanks Bret
Wardaddy 8X6.6 Cut down c90 Continental aircraft.
Chuck Hawk 12foot Cut Down 0-320 aircraft.
Southern Enterprizes 12.6 Williams Step Hull deckover o540 with Continental injection

cowboy316
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:30 pm
Location: Stuart fl,

Re: 13'6" Stossel Boat in Okeechobee FOR SALE.

Post by cowboy316 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:20 pm

Ill second that 40$ a case info... I just paid 62.32 for a case of 100w aeroshell =12 quarts (2 1/2 gals.) I went and got 50 weight citgoguard, it is a commercial oil for two stroke cummings motors (with less than 1% ash) 5 gal. bucket for 63$ in my math class thats half the price as aeroshell. For AV guys the aeroshell is "ashless" but for us 220 guys less than 1% ash per 5 gals is close enough for me when it comes to savin 60$ IMO.
Dont run----you'll only die tired

User avatar
JAMES
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 8569
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:31 pm
Location: cocoa
Contact:

Re: 13'6" Stossel Boat in Okeechobee FOR SALE.

Post by JAMES » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:57 pm

cowboy316 wrote:Ill second that 40$ a case info... I just paid 62.32 for a case of 100w aeroshell =12 quarts (2 1/2 gals.) I went and got 50 weight citgoguard, it is a commercial oil for two stroke coming motors (with less than 1% ash) 5 gal. bucket for 63$ in my math class thats half the price as aeroshell. For AV guys the aeroshell is "ashless" but for us 220 guys less than 1% ash per 5 gals is close enough for me when it comes to savin 60$ IMO.
just cause im new to ac/gpu dont mean i dont have no hook ups :lol: let me no when u all need some
https://m.facebook.com/321ccc/?ref=bookmarks Wp383 268 rotator 3 bld WT/EX 14.4 perdator

User avatar
Jabroni
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:28 pm
Location: Welcome to Florida Now go Home

Re: 13'6" Stossel Boat in Okeechobee FOR SALE.

Post by Jabroni » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

http://www.phillips66aviation.com/ I use it good stuff for the price
Just got down in DX land, DOOFUS standing by reading the MAIL

Daddy Dave
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 2929
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:03 pm
Location: Odessa, FL
Contact:

Re: 13'6" Stossel Boat in Okeechobee FOR SALE.

Post by Daddy Dave » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:14 pm

Should have read the post more carefully - completely missed the oil question. No hijack - regret my previous post. Happy new Year.
Last edited by Daddy Dave on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
A I R B O A T

Anytime It Runs, Break Out Another Thousand

cowboy316
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:30 pm
Location: Stuart fl,

Re: 13'6" Stossel Boat in Okeechobee FOR SALE.

Post by cowboy316 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:20 pm

fantail mullet wrote:Does anyone know who had the 13'6" Stossel hull with no motor for sale in Okeechobee about 90 days ago? Let me know who to contact if you know.
Also has anyone used automotive oil in their GPU'S and if so what make and weight.

He also asked if "anyone uses automotive oil in their GPU'S and if so what make and weight"
Just answering his question.....
Dont run----you'll only die tired

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI
Posts: 10136
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: bradenton florida
Contact:

Re: 13'6" Stossel Boat in Okeechobee FOR SALE.

Post by cntry141iq » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:35 pm

matt n wrote:He is a friend of mine what do you need to know?
Big Daddy somebody answered his first question as well LOL
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

User avatar
cowboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 6690
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:59 am
Location: One One - Two Two Boogie Woogie Avenue

Re: 13'6" Stossel Boat in Okeechobee FOR SALE.

Post by cowboy » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:07 am

JAMES wrote:
cowboy316 wrote:Ill second that 40$ a case info... I just paid 62.32 for a case of 100w aeroshell =12 quarts (2 1/2 gals.) I went and got 50 weight citgoguard, it is a commercial oil for two stroke coming motors (with less than 1% ash) 5 gal. bucket for 63$ in my math class thats half the price as aeroshell. For AV guys the aeroshell is "ashless" but for us 220 guys less than 1% ash per 5 gals is close enough for me when it comes to savin 60$ IMO.
just cause im new to ac/gpu dont mean i dont have no hook ups :lol: let me no when u all need some

cowboy316.....

Some folks just go through life stepping over a dollar trying to save a dime.........
Much like they fail to recognize valuable information provided to them in a post, by some one who actually has valuable advise to offer.

What about that citcoguard? Sounds interesting. First I have heard of it.
Av oils have a detergent package added to help keep the piston ring lands clear, and not get sticky as well as having the ashless properties that non-av oils do not contain.

How do you think that citcogaurd oil works compared to av oils in the regard of keeping the ring lands clear over the long haul?

cowboy316
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:30 pm
Location: Stuart fl,

Re: 13'6" Stossel Boat in Okeechobee FOR SALE.

Post by cowboy316 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:30 am

cowboy wrote:
JAMES wrote:
cowboy316 wrote:Ill second that 40$ a case info... I just paid 62.32 for a case of 100w aeroshell =12 quarts (2 1/2 gals.) I went and got 50 weight citgoguard, it is a commercial oil for two stroke coming motors (with less than 1% ash) 5 gal. bucket for 63$ in my math class thats half the price as aeroshell. For AV guys the aeroshell is "ashless" but for us 220 guys less than 1% ash per 5 gals is close enough for me when it comes to savin 60$ IMO.
just cause im new to ac/gpu dont mean i dont have no hook ups :lol: let me no when u all need some

cowboy316.....

Some folks just go through life stepping over a dollar trying to save a dime.........
Much like they fail to recognize valuable information provided to them in a post, by some one who actually has valuable advise to offer.

What about that citcoguard? Sounds interesting. First I have heard of it.
Av oils have a detergent package added to help keep the piston ring lands clear, and not get sticky as well as having the ashless properties that non-av oils do not contain.

How do you think that citcogaurd oil works compared to av oils in the regard of keeping the ring lands clear over the long haul?
Cowboy,
I ran my first 5gasl.through of citgoguard, no problems or issues I bought from a bulk oil dealer who also sells all kinds of oil including aeroshell, the owner of the place is actually who turned me on to citgo. he also runs it in his boat and his harley "no issues" I will be rebuilding my motor in 5-6 months and I will now the truth when I look inside. I will send you a pm on the oil info in depth.
Dont run----you'll only die tired

sfw777
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 1:22 pm
Contact:

Re: 13'6" Stossel Boat in Okeechobee FOR SALE.

Post by sfw777 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:17 am

Sam's Club sells Aeroshell for aprox $50 a case. :old_glory:

User avatar
GIMAMMOTH
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 2831
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:04 pm
Location: Sanford FL

Re: 13'6" Stossel Boat in Okeechobee FOR SALE.

Post by GIMAMMOTH » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:42 am

bunch of my buddys are running the Valvoline w50 in there motors with no problems for the past year,
from what they tell me they have the detergent package as well as having the ashless properties they are just not FFA aproved..

Boldy runs his boat as hard or harder than any one i know an he has had no problems..

i dont know why but i still like to run what the guys in the airplanes run maybe time will change my thinking....
Wardaddy 8X6.6 Cut down c90 Continental aircraft.
Chuck Hawk 12foot Cut Down 0-320 aircraft.
Southern Enterprizes 12.6 Williams Step Hull deckover o540 with Continental injection

JLH
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:07 pm
Location: West Melbourne, Florida

Re: 13'6" Stossel Boat in Okeechobee FOR SALE.

Post by JLH » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:28 am

what bout the boat for sale that was the original question

Post Reply

Return to “Airboat Talk”