DD Carmotor boat on the hill???

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
angler
Southern Airboat Member

Re: DD Carmotor boat on the hill???

Post by angler » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:43 am

airboat470 wrote:
angler wrote:What is the point of this thread? :scratch: I have a DD boat and in this economy I feel very fortunate to have anything that I can go out and enjoy with the family. I would love to have a hill burner but I am a disabled veteran living and supporting my family on a fixed income. Every upgrade I make to my boat it takes me months to save for. I am not bashing anyone and I have fun watching the guys with the hill burners run. But at least I can get out there to watch and have fun doing it! :usa:
Tony480 wrote:
angler wrote:What is the point of this thread? :scratch: I have a DD boat and in this economy I feel very fortunate to have anything that I can go out and enjoy with the family. I would love to have a hill burner but I am a disabled veteran living and supporting my family on a fixed income. Every upgrade I make to my boat it takes me months to save for. I am not bashing anyone and I have fun watching the guys with the hill burners run. But at least I can get out there to watch and have fun doing it! :usa:
That's what it's all bout right there! :thumbleft: :D I'm not knocking ya or anyone else,until they start with this BS about dd hill burners.There maybe a few but they are few and FAR between.I started out with a stock 220 gpu and went from there.So I know what its like to tug and pull on a boat.But I wouldn't have traded it for nothing.It makes you a better boater if ya ask me.
I can take some ribbing and give some out its all good man!

Just like tony said...i didnt start this to hurt no ones feelings or put down no ones boat. As long as your out there sliding thats all that matters. I just have a lot of fun on here talking junk to these guys. I like seeing grown men get there panties in a wad cause of what somebody told them on the internet. :lol: . Seriously no hard feelings :thumbleft:
US Army Veteran of Afghanistan and Iraq, I fought for Obamas right to be a retard

NFLMark60
Southern Airboat Member

Post by NFLMark60 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:58 am

Ive got a caddie DD. Went mullet fishing yesterday, caught about 25. going again today, have to use the stupid nets that are legal. 2 grown men net table 2 ice chest and net, Idump my boat on the ground and go. Not a hill burner like the videos, but no problam. Took some great pictures, have to get my other to help me post Mark

RIDINFILTHY
Southern Airboat Member

Post by RIDINFILTHY » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:39 pm

here is a sbc dd boat climbing the hill, not all of them are worthless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GemwhGYNTg
12 ft. sbc dd boat. its real bad a$$

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Olf Art » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:43 pm

NFLMark60 wrote:Ive got a caddie DD. Went mullet fishing yesterday, caught about 25. going again today, have to use the stupid nets that are legal. 2 grown men net table 2 ice chest and net, Idump my boat on the ground and go. Not a hill burner like the videos, but no problam. Took some great pictures, have to get my other to help me post Mark
I like your style, Mark. I was never out to impress anybody either ..... just have a good time, maybe catch a couple fish or just ride. I'm that kinda airboater too.
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

floridabou3
Southern Airboat Member

Post by floridabou3 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:03 pm

Is that hull in the vid a old grasshopper?
13.6 big o 220 2 blade Q series 15 over dome pistons with dual mags and plugs

jimbo_jwc
Southern Airboat Member

Post by jimbo_jwc » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:19 pm

Haven't tried mine on a hill yet but It will push my Tahoe up a slope on the trailer .Learned to block both sides of trailer wheels . Would like to hook up to scale to find out static thrust. 500cui w 74x 34 prop on 15x8 Rivermaster hull 4 seater rod lockers on both sides and front storage .Haven't figured out 1 1/2 angle bolted on bottom of transom ,maybe was proposing ? got to figure out why it wanders but might be my input as I learn.After I add flotation I'm attempting to get it to go over low head dams on rivers here used to keep water flowing from municipal sewage treatment plants .
Attachments
DSC03171x.jpg
DSC0xx.jpg

Southern Style
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Southern Style » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:59 pm

angler, anything that gets you out there and back is a fine boat in my opinion... And thank you for your service :proud: :proud: .. Enjoy running at your own speed.. That's what its all about!! I aint never raced, but sure enjoy watchin the boys that spend every weekend making them faster!! And then slide back at my own pace.. :cheers: :cheers:

Aint gotta be hill burner, just gotta get to where YOU wanna go....... :salute: :salute:
DONT ARGUE WITH STUPIDITY...THEY WILL JUST DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.....
KRVSA Member
SJRAA Member
KCCO

Duece
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Duece » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:42 pm

What's strange is, you don't see many DD caddies for sale. I always wondered if it was just myth about them running the hill b/c you don't really see that many of them, but apparently they must be pretty good. I ran across a very nice one on the Peace River back in 07/08-ish and that joker would run. Other than that, I bet I can count on one hand the number of DD caddy's I've seen in person. Now, SBC DD, I've seen quite a few of them and rarely, if ever, would they run the hill very good. But, he!! it's what gets you on the water that matters!

Duece
"Welcome to the Dark Side..."
14'x7'6" Diamondback ZZ4 350/355hp 2.37:1 Stinger gearbox 80" 3 blade NGR series

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Olf Art » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:15 am

Duece wrote:What's strange is, you don't see many DD caddies for sale. I always wondered if it was just myth about them running the hill b/c you don't really see that many of them, but apparently they must be pretty good. I ran across a very nice one on the Peace River back in 07/08-ish and that joker would run. Other than that, I bet I can count on one hand the number of DD caddy's I've seen in person. Now, SBC DD, I've seen quite a few of them and rarely, if ever, would they run the hill very good. But, he!! it's what gets you on the water that matters! Duece
Duece, there used to be a guy that posted on here that had a 383 DD-SBC on a 13' Lazer. I rode with him some and I've gotta tell ya, that little boat would fly. I honestly think it's all about the tuning ... when everything is right a small block DD boat will do most anything that a man needs to do short of runnin deer or black toppin hogs. If going anywhere you want to on the water will work for you, build a fairly lightweight little boat and go have a good time.

I'd love to find a cache of OEM 400 small block crate motors in a warehouse somewhere. They come with forged cranks right out of the box. :glasses7:

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:27 am

Ran across a fellow up at Potts last year with a DD SBC 400, old rig built right and lite. He and his wife went everywhere dry and on the cheap!

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Olf Art » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:19 am

SWAMPHUNTER45 wrote:Ran across a fellow up at Potts last year with a DD SBC 400, old rig built right and lite. He and his wife went everywhere dry and on the cheap!
Yes sir. The secret (IMO) of making a DD car motor boat run well is to not let it get too heavy. If I ever fall across a crate 400 SBC I'll be on the phone with Wade Hamant to build me a 13' lightweight hull with one battery and only two seats. A little boat like that would do everything granny and I need to do, and I could gas it up at RaceTrac or get an alternator at NAPA. Take some time to get the prop right, watch your weight distribution ...... good to go. :thumbleft:

Return to “Airboat Talk”