Does anyone know who the tour boat captain...

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Duece
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: Does anyone know who the tour boat captain...

Post by Duece » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:58 pm

Since most who have posted seem to have NOT read this, here you go:

*The highlighted fields are the one's this guy violated.*

Airboater's Code of Ethics

1.I will repsect the rights of all users of the recreational waterways of the State of Florida, on public waters and on ajacent private property.

2.I will be considerate and courteous at public vessel launch ramps and docks. In an effort not to delay others, I will launch and retrieve my vessel promptly.

3.I will always operate at a safe speed in posted “No Wake” zones.

4.When approaching the shoreline, I will be especially aware of swimmers and other water vessels near the shoreline.

5.I realize that my vessel’s equipment, ability, weather conditions, and especially other vessel traffic should determine my vessel speed.

6.In case of an emergency, I will volunteer assistance.

7.I am aware that my vessel creates air propeller wash and will use idle speed near the shoreline and in close proximity to boat launch ramps.

8.I will ensure that all passengers in my vessel are equipped with safety equipment, including life vests, ear protection, eye protection, and required safety equipment.

9.I will avoid unnecessary disturbance of wildlife and will not enter posted “No Trespass” areas.

10.I will pay close attention to the engine sound levels that my vessel may create and be aware of how others on vessels and on the shoreline will react to it.

11.I will not litter and will bring back all trash. I will be careful in handling my fuel.

12.I will not interfere with or harass others. I realize that people will judge all airboaters by my individual actions.

Duece
"Welcome to the Dark Side..."
14'x8' Diamondback 6.2 Pleasurecraft Marine Levitator 550 hp/2.37:1 Oxbox 80" JX Series Sensnich Prop

MilkManDan
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by MilkManDan » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:50 pm

Duece, i think what people are trying to say is, everyday we all break some rules. If someone finds it offensive enough they should come up to me and tell me like a man and not start some rant on the internet. Had you done this maybe you would have found out the guy was just like one of us and wasn't thinking at the time.

You know there is a 12 step program I go to that states this before each meeting. "As long as the ties that bind us together are stronger than those that tear us apart, all is well." If we don't figure out how to police each other properly, in person the ANTI's will use our own words against us. This to me just gives them more ammo.

If it was that big of a deal you should have gone and found him. If it wasn't then you should come on here and complain so maybe someone else will say something to him for you.

Duece
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Duece » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:04 pm

MilkManDan wrote:Duece, i think what people are trying to say is, everyday we all break some rules. If someone finds it offensive enough they should come up to me and tell me like a man and not start some rant on the internet. Had you done this maybe you would have found out the guy was just like one of us and wasn't thinking at the time.

You know there is a 12 step program I go to that states this before each meeting. "As long as the ties that bind us together are stronger than those that tear us apart, all is well." If we don't figure out how to police each other properly, in person the ANTI's will use our own words against us. This to me just gives them more ammo.

If it was that big of a deal you should have gone and found him. If it wasn't then you should come on here and complain so maybe someone else will say something to him for you.
I like overkill, I'm going to come on here AND go talk to him. I just had no clue who he was/where he was out of. Using the internet as a tool to find him. With as fast as he was going he was gone before I had time to stand up out of my chair! :shock:

Duece

P.S.- Nobody is "forced" to read this either.
14'x8' Diamondback 6.2 Pleasurecraft Marine Levitator 550 hp/2.37:1 Oxbox 80" JX Series Sensnich Prop

FROGMOSS
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by FROGMOSS » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:29 pm

I am not doubting you that he may have come closer to your dock than you like. But maybe he didn't see you sitting under the tree and thought since there was no boat tied up he had plenty of room. Was this picture taken the day in question? If so looks like he was trying to out run a storm. Might want to put up a "NO WAKE" sign. Just wondering what kind of boat do you run?

Duece
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Duece » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:07 am

FROGMOSS wrote:I am not doubting you that he may have come closer to your dock than you like. But maybe he didn't see you sitting under the tree and thought since there was no boat tied up he had plenty of room. Was this picture taken the day in question? If so looks like he was trying to out run a storm. Might want to put up a "NO WAKE" sign. Just wondering what kind of boat do you run?
No, that picture is old, from 2 summers ago I think. The type of boat I run is in my signature line.

Duece

airduds
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by airduds » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:34 am

At least one of the tour boat operators turns north up into the little bay that becomes a canal a little west of the Salt River entrance in the Homosassa and runs up into the Little Homosassa. Some also run up on the bank in the northern end of Petty Creek pushing the marsh grass further and further back just leaving the black mud.

I like airboats (obviously) but if I lived in the house by where I'm talking about near the canal.... I'd do something.
Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. Weak men create hard times.

C1gator
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by C1gator » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:11 am

To be honest, no matter what we do or how courteous we (or at least I) try to be, someone is gonna be looking to find a reason to biatch....I had a lady give me the what for one day at the ramp...I know for a fact she was not behind me...I gassed it to get on the trailer and then proceeded to ratchet the boat down and here she comes....Smoke coming out her nostrils, scales popping out on her back....The lady chewed me up and down claiming I prop washed her.....I took it all, was courteous, gave her all the yes mam's and apologies I could muster up and the more I gave her the more she B!%^&ed....I had my daughter with me, I would have given my left nugget to have had one of my sisters with me...I know I did not do anything to her, and it bothered me to be accused of it...I look EVERY TIME, and I looked that day also....She was just a Biatch and that is just the way it is....Duece I am not saying u r like that, I am kind of agreeing with you....We don't get treated the same, and we aren't viewed the same as other boaters, so in my opinion we should take every opportunity we can to show respect and be mindful of any little bullcrap petty issue that MIGHT piss off joe public......I noticed in Kissimmee last weekend that folks were running the canal on plane while other boats were parked fishing.....Not saying they were buzzing them, just on plane....I have always been of the mind set if you can hug one side and give the fisherman the other side (providing it is a big canal) then roll with it, but if boat traffic is heavy, and you have to run down the middle of the river, then back off and show some courtesy......I am not judging any one, that's just me...It's really a judgement call.....I think as a whole, most airboaters are way more aware of there surroundings than the averege boater, they have to be. Thats my view on things, hope I did not Pi$$ anyone off too bad...Have a good day folks and be safe....

Duece
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Duece » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:31 pm

C1gator wrote:To be honest, no matter what we do or how courteous we (or at least I) try to be, someone is gonna be looking to find a reason to biatch....I had a lady give me the what for one day at the ramp...I know for a fact she was not behind me...I gassed it to get on the trailer and then proceeded to ratchet the boat down and here she comes....Smoke coming out her nostrils, scales popping out on her back....The lady chewed me up and down claiming I prop washed her.....I took it all, was courteous, gave her all the yes mam's and apologies I could muster up and the more I gave her the more she B!%^&ed....I had my daughter with me, I would have given my left nugget to have had one of my sisters with me...I know I did not do anything to her, and it bothered me to be accused of it...I look EVERY TIME, and I looked that day also....She was just a Biatch and that is just the way it is....Duece I am not saying u r like that, I am kind of agreeing with you....We don't get treated the same, and we aren't viewed the same as other boaters, so in my opinion we should take every opportunity we can to show respect and be mindful of any little bullcrap petty issue that MIGHT piss off joe public......I noticed in Kissimmee last weekend that folks were running the canal on plane while other boats were parked fishing.....Not saying they were buzzing them, just on plane....I have always been of the mind set if you can hug one side and give the fisherman the other side (providing it is a big canal) then roll with it, but if boat traffic is heavy, and you have to run down the middle of the river, then back off and show some courtesy......I am not judging any one, that's just me...It's really a judgement call.....I think as a whole, most airboaters are way more aware of there surroundings than the averege boater, they have to be. Thats my view on things, hope I did not Pi$$ anyone off too bad...Have a good day folks and be safe....
No man, that's a good post right there. If more people had that attitude, we'd still have open headers...maybe?! :P

Duece

MilkManDan
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by MilkManDan » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:58 pm

Duece wrote:
MilkManDan wrote:Duece, i think what people are trying to say is, everyday we all break some rules. If someone finds it offensive enough they should come up to me and tell me like a man and not start some rant on the internet. Had you done this maybe you would have found out the guy was just like one of us and wasn't thinking at the time.

I like overkill, I'm going to come on here AND go talk to him. I just had no clue who he was/where he was out of. Using the internet as a tool to find him. With as fast as he was going he was gone before I had time to stand up out of my chair! :shock:

Duece

P.S.- Nobody is "forced" to read this either.
If this really was a tool to talk to him you could have asked without all the details and scrunity. But instead all this crap has been posted and he can't even defend himself. Thats the problem I have. JMO

Duece
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Duece » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:38 pm

Not a tool to talk to him, I'll do that face to face, it was a tool to FIND him. Also a tool for other responsible airboaters to find him and let him know what he's doing isn't helping our cause IMHO.

Duece

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:21 pm

i dont see where he broke any of those rules just by what you are saying again if you werent on the dock like you said
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

MacGyver
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by MacGyver » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:30 pm

talk about beating a dead horse , GET OVER IT ALREADY jmo
MacGyver

Tater Nutz
2012 15 x 8 ALum GTO w2ft grassrake
383 stroker 463 HP with stinger 255 to 1 soft drive
Sensenich 3 Blade 80" R series

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:58 pm

amen brother
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

cflacowboy001
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by cflacowboy001 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:35 pm

There are Airboaters and then again there are boaters and the ones who just dont care ! They are the ones who give airboating a bad name and surely need to be EDUCATED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duece
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Duece » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:40 pm

cflacowboy001 wrote:There are Airboaters and then again there are boaters and the ones who just dont care ! They are the ones who give airboating a bad name and surely need to be EDUCATED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMEN!!!

Duece

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:49 am

how do you educate an idiot
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

cflacowboy001
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by cflacowboy001 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:22 pm

School of HARD KNOCKS !!! If that dont work then , well ya got me ..............

LevyNole
Southern Airboat Member

Post by LevyNole » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:40 am

Duece wrote:...is that runs out of Homassassa with the aluminum hull with Purple and Yellow graphics on the boat. It was a large car motor boat with a belt drive. Please inform him if he comes by my dock as close as he did before I'm turning him to the the marine patrol. This guy blew by our dock so close if there was a boat there he'd have hit it! :o

Duece

The one, and only time, I ever put in at McRae's I saw that boat on a lift downriver a piece. If memory serves. At any rate y'all can have my share of Homo-yankee-sassa.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality Ayn Rand
Oligarchy: It's a big club and you ain't in it.

Return to “Airboat Talk”