STOLEN PROP

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
DAVE
Southern Airboat Member

STOLEN PROP

Post by DAVE » Sun May 08, 2011 2:53 pm

:angry5:

My prop was stolen last night all they took was the prop and left stereo and fishing poles ? this is in the sarasota area. it was a carbon fiber sensinich. sooooo if anyone hears about a prop for sale or knows anyone that just so happen to come across one please contact me Thanks in advance one sad and pissed off airboater Dave Smith 941-915-0055 :proud:
2005 GTO SPV series
2.09:1 stinger box 2 blade 78" falcon series Water Walker
Bone stock GMPP 350HO 330HP 385FTLBs TQ

aherr520
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: STOLEN PROP

Post by aherr520 » Sun May 08, 2011 3:59 pm

what model did you have?
aaof member

JAMES
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by JAMES » Sun May 08, 2011 4:02 pm

sorry to hear that IF I SEE SOMETHING IN THE COCOA AREA THAT TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE ILL LET U NO DID U MAKE A POLICE REPORT ?? ALSO POST SOME SER# OR TELL US WHAT IT WAS ...
https://m.facebook.com/321ccc/?ref=bookmarks Wp383 268 rotator 3 bld WT/EX 14.4 perdator

cflacowboy001
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by cflacowboy001 » Sun May 08, 2011 5:14 pm

what part of Sarasota? I'm up off N lockwood ridge and had my truck gone thru ,neighbors jeep and few other vehicals too . Sorry to hear about the prop man hope they catch the pos and you recover the prop

DAVE
Southern Airboat Member

Post by DAVE » Sun May 08, 2011 6:06 pm

Yeah I'm off of lockwood also behind the bp station it was a 78" carbon fiber wide blade sensinich they took the outer plate also.
2005 GTO SPV series

cflacowboy001
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by cflacowboy001 » Sun May 08, 2011 6:43 pm

Im over in beekman place and we have sec cams around placed in the eves of houses and NOW some well placed tree cams :twisted: were gonna catch us dirtbag low lifes for sure sooner or later , hopefully sooner. My dog caught a methhead once allready and I know he can do it again. That hood over behind BP is kinda rough I hope you get it back....

jb34974
Southern Airboat Member

Post by jb34974 » Sun May 08, 2011 6:46 pm

sorry for your loss dave hope the ser no. will help catch um
So shall it be as in the days of Noah and then the end.

DAVE
Southern Airboat Member

Post by DAVE » Sun May 08, 2011 7:03 pm

Thanks we hope to get it back too!!!! That's our relax tool !!!! And yeah we to call this wonderful neighborhood the hood too!!!!!!
2005 GTO SPV series

JAMES
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by JAMES » Sun May 08, 2011 7:11 pm

DAVE wrote:Thanks we hope to get it back too!!!! That's our relax tool !!!! And yeah we to call this wonderful neighborhood the hood too!!!!!!
i dont no why these dumb as take half of hubs finger prints is all i can think of because i was told u cant have another half built i just was told that dont no if thats tru but if someone is looking for a half of hub then we no whos it maybe :violent1: one day someone will *** up with a locking type hub like they do on car rims where one key fits that sertin wheel it may cost more to buy but it will be less then buying a new prop
https://m.facebook.com/321ccc/?ref=bookmarks Wp383 268 rotator 3 bld WT/EX 14.4 perdator

Nozzle Head

Post by Nozzle Head » Sun May 08, 2011 9:47 pm

Different size sockets to pull the outer and inner hub.
these are thieves, not mechanics,
If you got any pictures of the hub or prop, run it by the metal scrap yards with a reward sign. They track everyone now with photo id and picture of tag from vehicle that brought scrap in.
I work off clark rd a lot so will keep my eye out at pawn shops too.

DAVE
Southern Airboat Member

Post by DAVE » Sun May 08, 2011 11:49 pm

I hope these SOBS ROT IN HE11. Found a tool bag next street over from us with matching tools in it the law now owns it. :angry5:
2005 GTO SPV series

BigJakesrq
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by BigJakesrq » Mon May 09, 2011 3:16 am

Man that sucks.... My grandpa is over off old bradenton rd. by the airport. Has been there since the late 40's. He has a big yard that has fence all the way around it that stays locked. Long story short is we can't keep anything there anymore. He has had everythig from chain saws, four wheelers, and ever his two catch dogs stolen.

We thought we had a way to keep them from stealing the four wheelers, but we were wrong. We would put them on the 35' dove tail goose neck trailer with the ramps up, the trail back aginst a wall so they could drop the gates, and a logging chain through the frames and around the goose neck. Now mind you the deck is a good 4' off the ground. Well the cut the lock on the gate into the yard, cut the chain(must of had some huge bolt cutters to do that), and they had to have had some kind of ramp to get them off the side of the trailer. Well they got 3 four wheels that night and of 3 we got 2 back over 6 months, but one had ben slammed into a tree so hard it was a total loss. Hopefully they got F%#ked up real good when they wreaked it. They found both right off MLK by the railroad tracks...... If my grandpa ever catches one of them in the act I feel sorry for them. He sleeps with a loaded 12ga next to his bed.

Anyway I hope you find your prop, check the pawn shops at least once a week if you can. The ones on 15 st in oneco seem to be the big ones. One thing is for sure, I'm going to try and find a place east of 75 when I get back from overseas in Aug. Thoughj I doubt it will help keep the theives at bay.

Southern Airboat Member

Post by 99250 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:17 am

I hate to hear of people getting things stolen. There are some low life people in this world. Hope that you prop will show back up. I can't stand people with sticky fingers. I will keep a eye out around Seminole county. Sorry about your loss.

fulldeck
Southern Airboat Member

Post by fulldeck » Mon May 09, 2011 5:41 am

bad thing is if they only took the prop it sounds like thats all they needid, and probly put it on there boat, dopeheads would have took everything. will keep a look out over here in fellsmere for ya.

edbass
Southern Airboat Member

Post by edbass » Mon May 09, 2011 6:38 am

Shoot first ask later low lifes have no rights in my book.. sorry about your prop

Bad2Bone
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Bad2Bone » Mon May 09, 2011 7:09 am

Hey Dave that really sucks to hear. Its a sad thing when bad things happen to good peole and I live in the Venice area so will definetly keep my eyes and ears open for your prop. If you need any help dont hesitate to ask.
"Cleverly Disguised as Responsible Adults"

4cyl. Lycoming (sled). Croc-eyed
6 cyl. Lycoming. (Palm Beach 3/4 deck) Bad to the Bone Taxidermy
8 cyl. 502, counter-rotator 20' aluminum hull. Blew Limo

Beardog88
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by Beardog88 » Mon May 09, 2011 4:49 pm

Sorry about the prop. I live near Clark Rd and work up by the airport. Keep my eyes and ears open. As Bigjake said "Oneco" around the corner from me, I know what he means.

JAMES
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by JAMES » Mon May 09, 2011 6:27 pm

Nozzle Head wrote:Different size sockets to pull the outer and inner hub.
these are thieves, not mechanics,
If you got any pictures of the hub or prop, run it by the metal scrap yards with a reward sign. They track everyone now with photo id and picture of tag from vehicle that brought scrap in.
I work off clark rd a lot so will keep my eye out at pawn shops too.
3/4 socket is all it takes to remove a innner and outer hub by sensenich

goldhunter_2
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by goldhunter_2 » Mon May 09, 2011 7:20 pm

not on all of them

That half of hub will probably be in a pile of aluminum in a local scrap yard

I got a dog security system anything she don't eat I can use for target practice and if I run out of ammo :lol: and there still up an going I guess then need it worse then I do

Support our future , get a kid involved in the outdoors!!

:rebel:

Southern Style
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Southern Style » Tue May 10, 2011 8:26 am

And I am not trying to "Monday Morning Quarterback"..... I am so sorry that a LOW LIFE got your prop... Instead of airboating.. 1 WEEKEND.. I took the money and bought a WildGame Innovations IR4 game camera for $79 at Bass Pro...... The camo camera was WELL HID around the boat in the back yard.. It takes color photos, IR night photos, and video.. Up to 2000 pic on a 2 gig card... A photograph of the thief will most always lead to identification of suspect...

Again, there is nothing I hate more than a thief !!! And hope they get nabbed and get spanked real hard !!! But I could not let that much money sit without some type of camera, and that was the best I could come up with.. Never had anyone try to steal anything, but always cought the FP&L Meter Reader, so I know it would have got great photos of the thiefs..........

Hope you get you prop back buddy !!!!!!!
DONT ARGUE WITH STUPIDITY...THEY WILL JUST DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.....
KRVSA Member
SJRAA Member
KCCO

Return to “Airboat Talk”