THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
RidnDirty
Southern Airboat Member

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by RidnDirty » Fri May 27, 2011 10:04 pm

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone (watersports in particular) for the help in looking for a new rig. I decided on a 520 Continental ss rigging, 2009 ridgerunner. I brought it home this evening to the wife and she approves.lol :cheers:

Thanks Billy (ozelloairboater) seems like a nice setup and if everything you said is true I know it will last for awhile. Sorry you had to sell it, you'll have another soon enough Im sure. You seemed very passionate about this boat and it really showed.

Any advice on how to get my 3yr old to not be scared on her first ride would be very helpful..........................

HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by HuntingBigun » Fri May 27, 2011 10:10 pm

Set them on the boat in the yard and let them play push the stick etc then crank it up let it idle same drill, small headphones with music is a plus. Congrats on a your ride
Bigun

http://www.krvsa.com

http://krvsa.com/product/airboat-raffle-tickets/

Click for pics = http://www.flickr.com/photos/huntingbigun/

Killin Time 15.6 Diamondback Deckover Mast 808 Hp SC LS 7 /KRVSA /NRA

watersports7
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by watersports7 » Fri May 27, 2011 11:51 pm

Congratulations, get plenty of stick time in shallow water before bringing children, even if your used to airboating, they all handle slightly different, have fun and be safe...
12' Predator / Lycoming 4 Cylinder / Old Skool 68x38 Stick Prop
Perfectly said by Lycoming: Some engines purr like kittens. These roar!

JAMES
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by JAMES » Sat May 28, 2011 10:50 am

ive been running airboats about 10yrs now i have a family ive had my lilgirl on mine since she was 6mths old now she is 2 kinda more learie now but i put her on b4 i start it momma holding her in the seat as normal and then start and go shes fine then ...
https://m.facebook.com/321ccc/?ref=bookmarks Wp383 268 rotator 3 bld WT/EX 14.4 perdator

RidnDirty
Southern Airboat Member

Post by RidnDirty » Sat May 28, 2011 4:08 pm

Thanks guys......

Just got home from the maiden voyage and the kids loved it and didnt want to come home. We had a blast.

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Sat May 28, 2011 5:13 pm

Please make sure the kids wear PFD's (life jackets) and earmuffs preferablly with ear soft plugs in the ear canal inside the earmuffs. They only get one set of ears per lifetime .. helpem last for them. at least till they start listening to their own stereo's and stuff LOL
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

SDeatherage
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by SDeatherage » Sun May 29, 2011 7:33 pm

Congrats on the new ride. Always make them wear a life jacket. And if they cant swim sign them up for lessons it may save their life. I'm a firefighter and I have dealt with drowning children. My youngest learned at 18 months with an instructor. Good luck and be safe.
2016 14' X 8' Dyna Marine Revo powered by a TKE LS3 swinging a Sensenich 3 blade 81" R with a Ballistic 2.70 box. Fusion deck with 8.8 JL Audio speakers. Custom sea-dek on a Dakota trailer.

RidnDirty
Southern Airboat Member

Post by RidnDirty » Sun May 29, 2011 10:47 pm

Thanks fro all the positive input....... really appreciated.

BigJakesrq
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by BigJakesrq » Sun May 29, 2011 11:01 pm

You got a nice family boat, and it's built right. I was on that boat back in Jan. when everythign was dry and we ran through gardner marsh dry for about 20 mins with 3 full grown men(I 300lbs by myself) and a full cooler. I thought she would be hot after all the dry we ran, but she wasn't. Good boat for sure and from what I hear you got a pretty good deal.

Congrats

Striker543
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Striker543 » Mon May 30, 2011 1:09 am

Just start out slow with the child. Ear muff's in the yard with it idling first, then gradually increase throttle. Once in the water, just start off real slow and show the child how much fun you're having - they'll catch on.

Just be sure their ear muff's are on securely before giving it any gas at all! I remember being a very young child and having my old man try to jump up on a plane before I had my ear muffs on securely. Fortunately, I had been on the boat plenty at that point (started going in my mom's belly) and it didn't scare me away from the boat, but I certainly remember making a fuss about it - little children's ears are A LOT more sensitive than yours!

Striker543
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Striker543 » Mon May 30, 2011 1:10 am

Just start out slow with the child. Ear muff's in the yard with it idling first, then gradually increase throttle. Once in the water, just start off real slow and show the child how much fun you're having - they'll catch on.

Just be sure their ear muff's are on securely before giving it any gas at all! I remember being a very young child and having my old man try to jump up on a plane before I had my ear muffs on securely. Fortunately, I had been on the boat plenty at that point (started going in my mom's belly) and it didn't scare me away from the boat, but I certainly remember making a fuss about it - little children's ears are A LOT more sensitive than yours!

Striker543
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Striker543 » Mon May 30, 2011 1:10 am

airduds
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by airduds » Mon May 30, 2011 5:35 am

Ditto on the hearing protection for the kids. Please do whatever you can to protect them. I'm very hard of hearing (have to wear hearing aids at work) and can't tell you what a pita it is. Like Country said, they only have one set.
Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. Weak men create hard times.

Return to “Airboat Talk”