will it run the hill ?

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
akblackdawg
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: will it run the hill ?

Post by akblackdawg » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:14 pm

In general, if a vehicle does not sell in the first 30-60days and gets that much attention and inquiries, there is something wrong with it or priced too high. Same goes with boats. I always try to get top dollar when i sell, my boat has been listed for a month and only have had 2 call, one look. But it is hard to sell airboats here when you have to clear the snow off them to show. With a boat, you can never expect to get what you have in it, unless you are a dealer and keep control of your expenses on the boat. I'm thinking you may be asking to much, but I havn't even seen your boat, who am I to tell you its too much. Bud
:alaska: If you ain't living on the edge, you're taking up to much space.

15x8 Alumatech hull, with enclosed cab, aluminum cage, LS 3, 6.2 aluminum block ffi, 2.7 Balistic Box, sensinich superwide 3 blade. Built for year around riding in Alaska

akblackdawg
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by akblackdawg » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:28 pm

I allways try not to talk money with a buyer unless he is in front of me. You can't make a deal on the phone. If some distance away I will ask if he is ready to place a deposit if we agree on price, subject to his inspection. He can mail or bank transfer easily. It does no good to haggle price with somebody who is just blowing smoke or dreaming. If a place to demo is close and easy, may demo before price agreed to, if demo is some distance away or difficult, want to agree on price first, with deposit, subject to boat running as described to him. If a buyer has to drive 100 miles to see it, he is much more likely to buy then somebody a few blocks away. I have many years experience in sales of auto, boats and snowmobiles and RV's. Bud
:alaska: If you ain't living on the edge, you're taking up to much space.

15x8 Alumatech hull, with enclosed cab, aluminum cage, LS 3, 6.2 aluminum block ffi, 2.7 Balistic Box, sensinich superwide 3 blade. Built for year around riding in Alaska

cetchdawg
Southern Airboat Member

Post by cetchdawg » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:51 pm

I don't think I'm asking too much being that I have over 5k more than what I'm asking less than a year ago !!!! BUT ............. With so many folks hurting for money and turning to selling assets so cheap it hurts all my selling points when you can buy a 6cyl boat or bigger boat for less than what I'm asking ? Jmo the way I look at it is like this ..... If someone is even looking at boats in a specific price range in the classifieds they are either #1 just looking #2 just dreaming #3 seriously looking ! if they Are truly seriously looking in a particular price range they should have some sort of clue what they are looking at and what it took to get what they are looking at whether it be workmanship.... Time .... Money or all of the above ! So till the right person shows up that understands
All of that my boat will live happily in my yard and be used as needed lol ! Thank the good lord I'm not hurting or in the position all these other folks are in that are driving their prices way down

All of this is way off topic anyway ! My original post was about all the people who contact you about an "Airboat" for sale then instead of saying hi, my name is ...... Or good afternoon in interested in your boat...... The first thing they say , write , or type has something to do with running the hill ... That was purdy much it ? I don't understand how there can be so many people on this earth with the same way of thinking ?

cetchdawg
Southern Airboat Member

Post by cetchdawg » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:35 am

Lmao here we go again !!! Ha ha ha ha ! Posted my boat for sale again! I guess the pics of it under an oak tree in sugar sand are not enuff to explain ........ Oh well ! Not trying to be a dic just saying !

Bob in Canada
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bob in Canada » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:09 pm

I sold cars for years and generally it took 8 or 10 people to come and look at a car to sell it.
A buddy of mine had a saying he liked to use " There's an azz for every seat " .
I've only sold a couple of boats , might be a tougher crowd to sell to .
14x8 Diamondback , 2.38-1 Stinger , 350 GM Marine , Sensenich 3 Blade "R" prop

signcoc43
Southern Airboat Member

Post by signcoc43 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:23 pm

that many emails and calls, it either means you are not a salesman or there is something wrong with the boat. Bud[/quote]

there is absoulety nothing wrong with cetches boat, he has put to much attention to everything on it, absolutley amazing looking even up close. and does it run the hill YES.
12 foot hamant fuel injected pe-90 520 conversion swinging a 68" ngq!!
" Yes my boat is slow!!!"

BANANA BOAT
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by BANANA BOAT » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:24 pm

I've never had a problem selling on S.A.I think alot of seller's are not aware that it's a buyer's market.

Uhairball
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Uhairball » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:57 pm

cetchdawg wrote:Lol Damn I forgot to add the trade part !!! But id put another two weeks pay (again... Not much to speak of) on it that chapter two was all about trading a 1982 Ford bronco II with 44 gumbo mudders on the back , 31 12.50 Bfg's on the front , custom pipe bumpers , custom stereo including cd player and 6x9's self tapper screwed to the roof , custom pvc rebel flag holders , custom cb antenna , and custom 8 ball shifter knob ........

How could I forget ! That is key to buying a boat that know where in the title does it mention the seller needs your problem in a trade ... If it does not say I want this much ..........? (Fill in the blank) or I will trade for (said bronco II ) then more than likely the price is semi firm and its a cash only deal !
Hey. I always liked them Bronco II's......

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:38 pm

Cetchdawg, post your boat on the "Heartland" section of craigslist. That will usually get your add out coast to coast and from Ocala to Arcadia.
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2017 Hamant / SV540

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Post by terrible ted » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:19 am

Will that little motor really run the hill. Picture looks like it was draged up there?
Is that an aircraft motor?
Dont they use allot of fuel and exspesive fuel?

Sorry cant come up with any more. One day i going to get a seconed little boat like that for summer ridding.

Just remeberd this one how do get it back in the water?

Southern Style
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Southern Style » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:44 am

I agree cetchdawg......... Had a friend tell me once :

"ALL IT TAKES IS MONEY"....

Somone who has no idea what an airboat is, will look, ask a bunch of crazy questions, pay asking price, go out and try to drive it... crash into the dock, throw his wife out of the boat, break off fishing poles off on the poles at the dock, forget to tie the rope off when they unload it and float it off with no one on it, cant back up a trailer, clog up the boat ramp, ect........

Just for entertainment, go to your local boat ramp at 7am on a Saturday. Get some donuts/bagles and a coffee... Sit and watch the show.. Better than Youtube !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

I used to do this religiously when I was working the road during weekends.. Would laugh so hard I was in tears..
DONT ARGUE WITH STUPIDITY...THEY WILL JUST DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.....
KRVSA Member
SJRAA Member
KCCO

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Post by terrible ted » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:31 pm

I know me and my brother-in-law made some entertainment on day. We ran in cutting off everyone left and right slammed into the dock running. His son was in the air running before we even hit the dock. The crowd was pointing boaters were screaming and giving us the one finger salute.
Then his son cut all the trailers waiting in line off and shoves the trailer in the water. We put the boat on hit the safety chain and pull her out. That's when all those saluting us must of felt like a77 holes.

You see the only thing holding the transom on the boat was the forward thrust of the engines. You could of hear fish gulping for air at that moment when the transom fell from the boat. Fond memories of the sea and brand new boats that were never finished. A 28 foot boat twin engine seconed time in the water. Bran spanking new boat!

So you never know why some body is asking or doing what there doing they may have a good reason.

Southern Style
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Southern Style » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:40 pm

I agree Ted, but when they back out from the ramp and 10 fishing poles break off cause he had them in the wrong spot, or when the wife holds the rope and the husband backs the boat in and the boat floats off cause she has the WRONG ROPE, or when they come into the ramp and the wife goes to step off onto the dock and the husband throws it in reverse and she goes flipping off the bow into the water, or when he backs the trailer into the water and forgets to put it in park, or when they buy a HUGE boat, back it into the water and go for a ride, but when they come back and load it onto the trailer but can not pull it up the ramp because they bought too big of a boat for the tow vehicle is just to funny... All these can be seen at your local boat ramp...

I was not making fun of an emergency like yours, I was speaking of typical "All It Takes Is Money" people.. Just like everyone says " JUST BECAUSE YOU OWN AN AIRBOAT DOES NOT MAKE YOU AN OPERATOR".............. When you get your drivers license, thats when you learn to drive.. The license does not make you a good driver..
DONT ARGUE WITH STUPIDITY...THEY WILL JUST DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.....
KRVSA Member
SJRAA Member
KCCO

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Post by terrible ted » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:10 pm

I know didn't take it as you were making fun.

Southern Style
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Southern Style » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:36 am

Ten Fo.............
KRVSA Member
SJRAA Member
KCCO

hmgm123
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by hmgm123 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:45 am

Southern Style wrote:I agree cetchdawg......... Had a friend tell me once :

"ALL IT TAKES IS MONEY"....

Somone who has no idea what an airboat is, will look, ask a bunch of crazy questions, pay asking price, go out and try to drive it... crash into the dock, throw his wife out of the boat, break off fishing poles off on the poles at the dock, forget to tie the rope off when they unload it and float it off with no one on it, cant back up a trailer, clog up the boat ramp, ect........

Just for entertainment, go to your local boat ramp at 7am on a Saturday. Get some donuts/bagles and a coffee... Sit and watch the show.. Better than Youtube !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

I used to do this religiously when I was working the road during weekends.. Would laugh so hard I was in tears..
Naw.. the best time is when there coming back in. I use to sit and watch from a bar next to a public boat ramp at the port. Those guys would be coming back in half wasted, now was some good entertainment. :lol:

Rich Andrews
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Rich Andrews » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:44 am

We have a place called 15th St boat ramp,it has a unique ramp at low tide.If u get a low tide at an hr before dark on a sunday,your guaranteed to see something very funny happen. One night I saw a handful of guys load up a boat about 2x the size of their truck.Once he tried to run it up the trailor the back end of the truck went straight up in the air,boat slid back and the motors jamed in the concrete. To see the look on their faces was priceless,and they actually took it pretty good.I hooked up to them and pulled the truck and boat out after they looked at it for 15 mins.

Anyrate, your boats badass cetch,hope u get your money out of it..it's a great looking boat. Maybe a couple more pics of that good lookin gal will help:)
I'll have my Manatee burger medium please...just say NObama

14x8 deckover FELBER 397ci.. HP ???..just stay back!!

LOHA is AHOL backwards

muddog
Southern Airboat Member

Post by muddog » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:53 pm

This is my saying (it will get me two it but not up it) lol cadd dd. This is my frist boat paid 3500 for it and it well get me to the places were people hang out and get me two the fishing holes that bass boats cant get two.My buddies have these $15000 dl boats,but i go the same place they go. ha,ha its all about how much money you got and the saying ( mines bigger thier yours lol ) I love my little old black and red 500 cadd. :lol:
Air cooled........

muddog
Southern Airboat Member

Post by muddog » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:54 pm

my profile picture is at the top off the hill,i hit at 40mph but i made and only cost me 3500 lol
Air cooled........

muddog
Southern Airboat Member

Post by muddog » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:56 pm

my biger than yours
Air cooled........

fulldeck
Southern Airboat Member

Post by fulldeck » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:45 am

depends on what ya use it for. built a boat fron scrap stuff around the house one time 13ft. hull cut down to 9 ft. lowered sides, put a 4cyl volvo motor on, one 3ft rudder, had dimond back make prop adapter. had 235.00 in boat would not run dry. but froged boat for 2 years, run 6.5 hrs on 6 gal of reg gas. made alot of $ in that little thing. wish i still had it. so dunning dry is nice but not always what ya need.

gator7272
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by gator7272 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:28 am

alligatorplace wrote:Take a short video of the boat running water and dry in different conditions. Take a video of some of your gauges - Oil Pres, temp ect then pan around the boat slowly with the camera. Post it on YouTube and place a link to the video in your ad. That will usually keep the questions, other than "Trade for a mud-truck" question to a minimum.

That "Mud Truck" trade reference always cracks me up, i got into airboating to get away from cleaning mud off of and out every nook and cranny of vehicles/atvs, and the repairs associated w/ said mudding activities, I sure as hell don't fall back to that, so, in short, not interested in trading for a Mud truck.......
11.5 X 7.5 Alumitech
2.0 Ecotec LTG
2.38:1 Ballistic
3 Blade Whirlwind 2.0

Southern Style
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Southern Style » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:34 am

Sweet mud truck... Sounds good !!! gonna definately have some fun with that one !!! Great price.. $3500, cant go wrong with that !!!
KRVSA Member
SJRAA Member
KCCO

Scarecrow
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Scarecrow » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:26 am

real smart in a residential neighborhood I bet the neighbors love ya

Scarecrow
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II