NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Family"

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Family"

Post by painterchic » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:53 pm

Sooo, it's kinda like this, anybody who's seen me or talked to me on the phone in the last couple of months knows I've been sick since early November with problems with my tonsils... nothing especially bad mind you, just sick... Anyway, it came down to me having to break down and go to an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor to get some relief a couple of weeks ago and a trip to the ER today because I couldn't breathe and they thought one of my tonsils was abscessing to find out the "good news is..." I only had a severe sinus infection, ear infection and tonsillitis... SO... I'm just fine, so nobody needs to panic, you're artwork is still being worked on :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: BUT as my luck would have it, I'm a 38 year old looking at a tonsillectomy ASAP that I should have had when I was 8 of course :roll: ... Now here's my questions... remember I'm a bottle blonde so be gentle if these questions sound a bit naive :oops:

1. Anybody else on here ever have their tonsils out as an adult and how bad was the recovery?? (been hearing horror stories, just wondering if its all fluff and really not that big a deal or if the rumours are really true :shock: aside from the ice cream, the rest doesn't at all sound like fun :( )

2. Anybody have any ideas about financing programs that someone who doesn't have insurance and doesn't qualify for anything because I'm not a drain on society??? :? I don't qualify for medicaid because I don't have a child and I'm not pregnant (I'm pretty sure rushing out to get pregnant to qualify for medicaid would really come back to bite me in the butt about the time the child goes off to college :scratch: )believe it or not thats the ONLY way I would have qualified, income level has absolutely NOTHING to do with it for the initial qualifications.

Now I'm not looking for and DON'T want a handout or fundraiser or anything of the sort or even sympathy for that matter, I'm just looking for some ideas. I'm a tough chic and can handle this. My family has graciously offered to loan me the money out of their own pockets to help me with this, but I'm trying to find a way not to strap them financially for helping me out. I detest borrowing money from anybody and much less family more than you can possibly imagine and only want to use it as a last resort, but I thought just maybe, my airboating family might have some ideas that I haven't thought of. I've been doing some negotiating with the hospital and I've gotten the cost down to a reasonable amount if I can come up with it, they'll take almost half of the "sticker price" for the surgery if its paid in full prior to scheduling... (Wish I'd known that little tidbit of info before my last surgery! :roll: )

So guys and gals, please put on your thinking caps, cuz I gotta get this taken care of ASAP...

Thanks in advance!!!

Tonia :smurfin:
Painterchic Custom Paint and Vinyl
607-345-9394
PainterchicVinyl@gmail.com

www.Painterchic.com
Tonia Painterchic Suarez on Facebook
Painterchic Vinyl on Facebook and Etsy
Skeeter Bug Gifts on Facebook

akblackdawg
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by akblackdawg » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:17 am

Wow, are you really 38 yo, in your picture I would have sworn you were much, much younger.

As far as the hospital/doc thing. We have found that pvt hospitals are much stricter in payment, etc, since they are trying to make a profit. If you find a local Catholic (or other religion owned) or charity owned hospital, they will negociate and write off a lot of the bill for those without insurance. Too bad Obama Care hasn't kicked in yet or you would have insurance and no problem.

My wife just told me she had it done as a adult and it wasn't too bad. They fed her liquid morphine, and she wasn't able to talk or sing for about 4 days. Bud
:alaska: If you ain't living on the edge, you're taking up to much space.

15x8 Alumatech hull, with enclosed cab, aluminum cage, LS 3, 6.2 aluminum block ffi, 2.7 Balistic Box, sensinich superwide 3 blade. Built for year around riding in Alaska

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by painterchic » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:31 am

Yup, I really am 38 almost 39.... or in SA years I'll be about 45 because ever since I've joined somehow managed to I have two birthdays every year... LOL One on February 3rd and my real one on March 2.... although I must admit right now feeling like I'm about 83 instead of 38!!! LOL It always blows my mind what make-up and haircolor can hide... now I understand why it works so well in Hollywood! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not sure if the hospital I'm having the surgery done as is private or not... its a "Regional" hospital and is in cahoots with the hospital in the next town over. How do I figure that out??

The only reason I went to the Dr. I did was because of a recommendation of a friend and then I found out he's done over 10,000 tonsilectomies in his career... somehow I found that comforting knowing he isn't a new kid on the block... I'm not into being a guinea pig for someone who needs "practice" :shock:

T :smurfin:
607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

akblackdawg
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by akblackdawg » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:48 am

Many doctors work out of several hospitals. Call the hospital and ask them. You are in florida with millions and millions of people, you have lots of Catholic hospitals, you can usually tell by the name of them. We are only 650000 in the entire state and have a couple of them, as well as the pvt ones. It's really no problem to change to a different hospital as long as it is not scheduled for tomorrow. Bud

15x8 Alumatech hull, with enclosed cab, aluminum cage, LS 3, 6.2 aluminum block ffi, 2.7 Balistic Box, sensinich superwide 3 blade. Built for year around riding in Alaska

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:31 am

Ha! Don't use any hospital that won't allow you to have M&Ms with your ice cream ! Know before you go !

In all seriousness Tanya, hope all goes well. Keep us posted.

My sis is some kind of High Power Nurse and she just told me where she has worked they knock out tonsils adult or child, like it was nothing. Said almost nobody has a harsh recovery but its a few days longer for adults.
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

josh_2562
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by josh_2562 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:42 am

I would call shands in gainesville. They never said any thing about money when I had my back surgery till afterwards. I do have insurance. They said they would bill them and what every they didn't pay they would bill me. The Dr said I could just pay what ever I could afford each month.

Ruagatr
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Ruagatr » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:24 am

I say we have a Painterchick fundraiser! She is really the only "chick" who puts up with us on a regular basis and she can design the prizes! If we had a raffle or auction for a full boat wrap (with a reserve price) and some rudder graphics etc, we could knock this out. What say the gang?

Maddog

Cowboy Rock
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by Cowboy Rock » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:25 am

Tonia, I hope you are feeling better soon,,,

I think the Raffle is a good idea,,, or,,,

We can just set up a donation,,, Put out an address to send a check to,,,

:drunken: :rebel: :old_glory:
Wet Dreams Too,,,

14 ft. Panther,,, 370ci SBC, 72 in Whirlwind Whispertip, Line-X-350 X bottom,,,

"Full bloodied Dog hunting man"

Dry Branch, Ga.

Thats how I roll,,,

fulldeck
Southern Airboat Member

Post by fulldeck » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:37 am

times are hard now, i'm on a limited income so the local clinic set my wife up on a indagent care program at the local hosp. not proud but she was i hosp after haveing a sezure, actully just the e.r. for 2 hrs. $7800.00. payem 5.00 a month, what else can ya do. check on indagent care program, ya got to do something. good luck and god bless.

airboatman631
Southern Airboat Member

Post by airboatman631 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:53 am

Talk to the people at Florida Hospital, They are always helping people in need. They were going to pay for a liver transplant for my neice if she needed it. Instead they took great care of her and so far she is doing good and she didn't have to pay for anything. And she does have a job and works everyday just like you.

Also, I'll pray for God to intervene on your behalf. He'll get it done for ya!

bruceharwell
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by bruceharwell » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:07 am

Go to/Call Tampa General/Shands/ORMC and ask for the "Patient Advocate". They work wonders, financially. It's amazing how the price will drop!!! The recovery may be a few days but you'll be glad you had the surgery. Good Luck!

AVOID small town hospitals, IMO.

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by PeaRiverOpossum » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:48 am

X2 on shands. Bottom line....It may sound cheesy but its your money so shop around like you would for anything else. When I had kidney stones and had to go to the ER my bill was in the neighborhood of 3500 and they settled for less than $400 cash...Considering most people are not concerned at all about being a drain on the system the hospitals are happy to get whatever they can. Also, they are more likely to take less if it is a ONE TIME payment. My mother manages a hospital system business office and that is where I got my info from. Good luck...Whatever you do, don't put it off and get sicker due to some sort of infection. That is very close to your BRAIN to be risking infection :shock:

Roxy7430
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Roxy7430 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:28 am

The majority of hospitals across the country, especially nonprofit hospitals, have charity care programs that pick up all or part of the cost of care for indigent or special needs families. Some restrict such aid to the uninsured or offer discounted services to the insured with limited incomes. Medical bill negotiators complain, however, that the availability of these programs is often poorly publicized in hospitals. Patients must often ask about them and actively seek them out. Don't be embarrassed to ask! Hospitals have financial counselors and patient advocates who may be able to offer advice.

Someone else on this post mentioned checking with other hospitals such as a Catholic hospital. If you contact all the Not for Profit hospitals in FL I think you will have a greater chance for success.

I would negotiate the price and then discuss a payment plan vs an upfront one time payment. I know the hospitals preference is upfront payment but they know most people can't afford to do this.

Hope it all works out for you.
Jim Allen, President
Go Ballistic Airboat Co
352 463 3960
jim.a@pharma-mgt.com

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:51 am

Painterchic ... whatever you do ... do not postpone having it done very long .. serious complications can occur quickly. The procedure is minimal but not having it done can be major. beleive it or not gargling with peroxide can help with the infectiion greatly while you shop around.

Situations such as this are going to become much more common place if we start heading this country back to where everyone is always clamoring for it to go. Govt. sponsored health plans and assistance plans will dry up as well as other types of assistance for low income people.

I am sitting here with a new addition in my home that was not planned for at a time when my business was barely getting me by. So far the medicaid card has been lost in the mail and the food stamp card has been lost in the mail and the daycare assistance is a jungle of red tape. I make just a bit too much to qualify but because of him being a ward of the state .. well they say they want to take care of it .. but not so far. I do get plenty of home inspections and developmental evaluations of him though ... had all kinds of people on the government payroll in my life lately ... at least five different agencies and counting.

so when we all say lets do away with the assistance programs .. maybe we need to keep in mind the shear number of folks that are one or two paychecks away or one major illness away from being in big trouble ???

Tonia .. if nothing else just go get it done .. promise them anything they want to hear and then send them 5 bucks a month and they will not turn you into the credit bureas and ruin ya. Just get it done ...
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by painterchic » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:09 am

airboatman631 wrote:Talk to the people at Florida Hospital, They are always helping people in need. They were going to pay for a liver transplant for my neice if she needed it. Instead they took great care of her and so far she is doing good and she didn't have to pay for anything. And she does have a job and works everyday just like you.

akblackdawg wrote:Many doctors work out of several hospitals. Call the hospital and ask them. You are in florida with millions and millions of people, you have lots of Catholic hospitals, you can usually tell by the name of them. We are only 650000 in the entire state and have a couple of them, as well as the pvt ones. It's really no problem to change to a different hospital as long as it is not scheduled for tomorrow. Bud
Thanks Bud, I haven't scheduled the surgery yet becuase I need to get the financing in order first, thats why I've put it off till now, I didn't want to just go ahead and take it for granted that the price the Dr told me it was going to be was going to be correct. SOOOOO glad I started doing my homework on that... But what I really wasn't sure about was how Dr's were affiliated with hospitals, since this one is in the medical arts complex next to the hospital I didn't know if he had any contract or something like that with them to only do surgery out of that one hospital... I'll check on that today... Glad to know the surgery isn't too bad either, although I'm not sure the world is quite ready for 4 days with a silent "PC"... LOL
Whitebear wrote:Ha! Don't use any hospital that won't allow you to have M&Ms with your ice cream ! Know before you go !

In all seriousness Tanya, hope all goes well. Keep us posted.

My sis is some kind of High Power Nurse and she just told me where she has worked they knock out tonsils adult or child, like it was nothing. Said almost nobody has a harsh recovery but its a few days longer for adults.
Why do you think this problem hasn't been taken care of before now?? M&M's haven't been on the menu for my recovery foods!!! I might have to go on an crash diet of no M&M's whether I want to or not... I'm just not sure I'm in the frame of mind to be able to handle that kind of stress ya know... I guess I could try out the slogan "They melt in your mouth and not in your hands" and see if its actually true... personally I've never had them last long enough in either situation to have to worry about it before... :D :D :D :D
josh_2562 wrote:I would call shands in gainesville. They never said any thing about money when I had my back surgery till afterwards. I do have insurance. They said they would bill them and what every they didn't pay they would bill me. The Dr said I could just pay what ever I could afford each month.
Do you know who it was you talked with up at Shands by chance?? Billing office? I was basically told that to get the best deal that I needed to get the financial part of the surgery negotiated up front and paid for if I possibly could which at this point I have gotten them down from the MSRP of $20K down to $3600 if I can come up with the cash and they would consider the bill settled in full... and I'm almost betting I could push that a little further and get it down even farther if I played my cards right... You know perhaps batted my eyelashes, showed a little cleavage and perhaps shed a tear or two at an appropiate moment, but I really don't want to have to get that drastic if I don't have to... :lol:
Ruagatr wrote:I say we have a Painterchick fundraiser! She is really the only "chick" who puts up with us on a regular basis and she can design the prizes! If we had a raffle or auction for a full boat wrap (with a reserve price) and some rudder graphics etc, we could knock this out. What say the gang?

Maddog
Thanks Ruagatr! I appreciate the thought, I would be more than willing to do a raffle or auction of that nature, but I don't want people to just give me their hard earned money as a donation, I would rather earn it ... call it pride or what have you. But I'm not in the kind of shape that I feel like I deserve a fundraiser of sorts there are airboaters who need our help financially much worse than I do and I would much rather see someone donate to one of those causes and not this... this isn't a big deal at all... (and before Cherpa or Goldhunter pipes in, I WILL NOT be pole dancing at all either, no matter what! :roll: ) And I don't put up with you guys on here either, I love each and every one of you!!! I feel like you put up with me, not the other way around... I thrive on the harassment! :D :D :D :D
Cowboy Rock wrote:Tonia, I hope you are feeling better soon,,,

I think the Raffle is a good idea,,, or,,,

We can just set up a donation,,, Put out an address to send a check to,,,

:drunken: :rebel: :old_glory:
Thanks Cowboy Rock.... I appreciate the concern! I'll put some serious thought into that Raffle idea...
fulldeck wrote:times are hard now, i'm on a limited income so the local clinic set my wife up on a indagent care program at the local hosp. not proud but she was i hosp after haveing a sezure, actully just the e.r. for 2 hrs. $7800.00. payem 5.00 a month, what else can ya do. check on indagent care program, ya got to do something. good luck and god bless.
I know the feeling, I REALLY didn't want to go to the ER yesterday just for that reason, but my family pushed me into it, so I did it more for peace of mind for them rather than me... I could still breathe even though it was a bit labored and the shot of steriods that they gave me in the cheek of my butt really did help tremendously... but after having a CT scan, I'm kinda terrified to know what the bill is going to be... thanks for the words of advise!
airboatman631 wrote:Talk to the people at Florida Hospital, They are always helping people in need. They were going to pay for a liver transplant for my neice if she needed it. Instead they took great care of her and so far she is doing good and she didn't have to pay for anything. And she does have a job and works everyday just like you.

bruceharwell wrote:Go to/Call Tampa General/Shands/ORMC and ask for the "Patient Advocate". They work wonders, financially. It's amazing how the price will drop!!! The recovery may be a few days but you'll be glad you had the surgery. Good Luck!

AVOID small town hospitals, IMO.
Thanks guys... this is just another little bump in the road of life, I appreciate the words of wisdom!!
PeaRiverOpossum wrote:X2 on shands. Bottom line....It may sound cheesy but its your money so shop around like you would for anything else. When I had kidney stones and had to go to the ER my bill was in the neighborhood of 3500 and they settled for less than $400 cash...Considering most people are not concerned at all about being a drain on the system the hospitals are happy to get whatever they can. Also, they are more likely to take less if it is a ONE TIME payment. My mother manages a hospital system business office and that is where I got my info from. Good luck...Whatever you do, don't put it off and get sicker due to some sort of infection. That is very close to your BRAIN to be risking infection :shock:
I had NO idea until this came up that you could negotiate with a hospital for medical care... my eyes have been opened so much already... and thats what I'm shooting is a one time payment, I have learned that the price of the surgery will be dependant on how much money I can put down and how long I have to finance the rest... much like a car the best I can tell! But definitely CASH talks in big ways when it comes to medical stuff... wish I had known that before I paid $10,000 out of my pocket for my ankle surgery 10 years ago! :blackeye:
I figure being an airboater already means I have some sort of infection in my brain... LOL But I'm not gonna put this off any longer, I need to get it taken care of, simple as that... I was over at my parents last night and we were talking and came to realise that my voice very well may change after all this because my tonsils and sinuses have been giving me constant trouble since I was about 8 but up until now, (don't know if its been because I didn't have insurance or what) no Dr. has wanted to take them out even though one of my tonsils has been permanently swollen since I was little... But this time I've been sick WAYYYY too long and can't take it any longer, they're coming out one way or another! And I really prefer it not be my mom and her handy "junk drawer" scissors doing the cutting either... (I've seen what she's done with them in the past!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: )

Thanks guys for all the advise so far!!! Keep it coming!!! I'll keep you posted as to what I find out, hopefully it will help someone else facing a upcoming surgery they don't have the cash for too!!!

607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

Daddy Dave
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Daddy Dave » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:32 am

Tonia, My leatherman is sterilized and I keep a de-hooker handy cause the Feds say I have to. If you'll wrap my old boat, I'll do the extraction.

Why not call Florida Hospital in Tampa (formerly University Community Hosp.) it is a 7th Day Adventist hospital and they take all patients. At least get a second offer.

Lots on here will help and you will make it good. Cntry is giving you sound advice -- don't wait -- the secondary infection could cost a whole lot more than $3,500. I KNOW that for certain.

SA has a history of supporting our family in times of immediate need.
A I R B O A T

Anytime It Runs, Break Out Another Thousand

Rich Andrews
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Rich Andrews » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:33 am

My buddy plumcrazy's been going down to key west a lot lately, i'll drop in a hundred for you to body paint him for mardi gras....good luck,let us know how we can help
I'll have my Manatee burger medium please...just say NObama

14x8 deckover FELBER 397ci.. HP ???..just stay back!!

LOHA is AHOL backwards

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by painterchic » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:42 am

Roxy7430 wrote:The majority of hospitals across the country, especially nonprofit hospitals, have charity care programs that pick up all or part of the cost of care for indigent or special needs families. Some restrict such aid to the uninsured or offer discounted services to the insured with limited incomes. Medical bill negotiators complain, however, that the availability of these programs is often poorly publicized in hospitals. Patients must often ask about them and actively seek them out. Don't be embarrassed to ask! Hospitals have financial counselors and patient advocates who may be able to offer advice.

Someone else on this post mentioned checking with other hospitals such as a Catholic hospital. If you contact all the Not for Profit hospitals in FL I think you will have a greater chance for success.

I would negotiate the price and then discuss a payment plan vs an upfront one time payment. I know the hospitals preference is upfront payment but they know most people can't afford to do this.

Hope it all works out for you.
You are absolutely right about them not offering up any ideas to help with figuring out how to pay for medical treatment, the one option other than CASH that I was offered at the hospital was something called "Care Credit" which is essentially a credit card for medical procedures with a wonderful interest rate of 26%!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Thats why I'm asking my airboat buddies about this, I knew someone had to have some ideas about programs or ways to negotiate this better than what I've found so far. I'm not above paying for my medical treatment, but I have to do it in a way thats not gonna put me under anything more than anesthesia either... I've been fighting too hard to stay afloat as it is without adding another brick to the load. Any ideas as to the names of some of these programs that I can check on??
cntry141iq wrote:Painterchic ... whatever you do ... do not postpone having it done very long .. serious complications can occur quickly. The procedure is minimal but not having it done can be major. beleive it or not gargling with peroxide can help with the infectiion greatly while you shop around.

Situations such as this are going to become much more common place if we start heading this country back to where everyone is always clamoring for it to go. Govt. sponsored health plans and assistance plans will dry up as well as other types of assistance for low income people.

I am sitting here with a new addition in my home that was not planned for at a time when my business was barely getting me by. So far the medicaid card has been lost in the mail and the food stamp card has been lost in the mail and the daycare assistance is a jungle of red tape. I make just a bit too much to qualify but because of him being a ward of the state .. well they say they want to take care of it .. but not so far. I do get plenty of home inspections and developmental evaluations of him though ... had all kinds of people on the government payroll in my life lately ... at least five different agencies and counting.

so when we all say lets do away with the assistance programs .. maybe we need to keep in mind the shear number of folks that are one or two paychecks away or one major illness away from being in big trouble ???

Tonia .. if nothing else just go get it done .. promise them anything they want to hear and then send them 5 bucks a month and they will not turn you into the credit bureas and ruin ya. Just get it done ...
Cntry141iq, I couldn't agree with you more...

It seems the more I bust my butt so I don't HAVE to use the government assistance programs the harder it is to qualify for something when I do happen to need it... it just seems like everything is just a bit backwards... I see the neighbor down the street who has 5 little ones and one on the way, no job and doesn't want one, driving new vehicles, getting their rent paid for, eating better than I do and the government seems to be bending over backwards to do even more for them... and yet I don't "qualify" for ANYTHING because I'm trying to make something of myself, know what birth control is, don't have any desire to "work the system" and truly don't mind working for what I get. I couldn't believe that I didn't qualify for medicaid not because of my income level, that believe it or not didn't even come into play because I couldn't get that far, I could make less than nothing and that didn't matter, it was all dependant on the fact that because I didn't have a child or that I'm not over 59 years of age! Seriously?? Makes me want to move to China where not having children is rewarded not punished... its frustrating beyond belief...

607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by painterchic » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:51 am

BigDaddy wrote:Tonia, My leatherman is sterilized and I keep a de-hooker handy cause the Feds say I have to. If you'll wrap my old boat, I'll do the extraction.

Why not call Florida Hospital in Tampa (formerly University Community Hosp.) it is a 7th Day Adventist hospital and they take all patients. At least get a second offer.

Lots on here will help and you will make it good. Cntry is giving you sound advice -- don't wait -- the secondary infection could cost a whole lot more than $3,500. I KNOW that for certain.

SA has a history of supporting our family in times of immediate need.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: If I didn't know better Big Daddy, I would think you and my mom were in cahoots together... she's WAAAYYY to willing to be doing the extraction herself... :lol: She even offered to do it while I was sleeping to save on the anesthesia cost too... :shock:

I will definitely be calling around to some other hospitals today to see what other options are available to me.
Rich Andrews wrote:My buddy plumcrazy's been going down to key west a lot lately, i'll drop in a hundred for you to body paint him for mardi gras....good luck,let us know how we can help
DEAL!!!! You get him to sit still and we'll do it!!! LOLOLOL

607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:55 am

as to plumcrazy ... beer is good anethesia ... LOL
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

bondsman
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by bondsman » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:07 am

I have pics of her tonsils if anyone wants to see them. As far as programs start with tanning cream and the tanning beds for a week.African Americans have a better chance at programs.
If life looks hairy in front of you! Shave it and put a condom on.

wtfjr
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by wtfjr » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:05 pm

:roll: :banghead: Make sure you keep a supply of asper gum on hand after the procedure. It helps with the pain, good news is you will lose weight even if you don't want too. I had mine out at 20 and while it was no fun it was the best thing I ever did. Dr. kept telling me I would outgrow the infection. BULL----!!!! Do it as soon as you can, you won't regret it!!!!!

akblackdawg
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by akblackdawg » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:07 pm

PC, I havn't heard anything mention this. Here in Anchorage they have a clinic called Anch Comprehensive Health Care with several other clinics in local communities. Medical and Dental care is paid on a sliding scale dependent on your income. It also covers referals to hospitals for surgery etc, important part it is based on sliding scale of patients income. I'm sure Florida has simular clinics, call welfare office and ask for advice on clinics like that, they know all the cut rate places (my wife works for welfare office).

Send me a pm on what camo wrap will cost for my new 15x8 boat with raised cab, and I can send you a check now, won't be ready for camo wrap for at least a couple months, pm on this if you perfer.

Get well soon, and when in hospital post address we can send flowers too, we(SA) will fill the room with flowers. Bud

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by painterchic » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:59 pm

wtfjr wrote::roll: :banghead: Make sure you keep a supply of asper gum on hand after the procedure. It helps with the pain, good news is you will lose weight even if you don't want too. I had mine out at 20 and while it was no fun it was the best thing I ever did. Dr. kept telling me I would outgrow the infection. BULL----!!!! Do it as soon as you can, you won't regret it!!!!!
What the heck is "Asper Gum" and where do I get some! Yeah, the weight loss incentive plan is certainly something I'm looking forward to, I could handle loosing about 60 lbs, but I'm thinking that might be a bit much to ask out of a tonsilectomy... :lol: :lol: :lol: I've asked over and over through the years about getting them out and they told me if I would get sick more than twice a year they would take them out, but I always managed to skim by it by like a week or something and my primary Dr. would never tell me to go to see an ENT about it. This time I skipped the primary Dr and went straight to the source and the ENT told me he hasn't seen tonsils like mine in anyone over the age of 10 and that he could tell I needed them out before he even looked in my throat becuase he could tell by the way I talked... :shock: That was a bit of an eye opener to me... I'll be SOOOOOO glad to get this done and overwith! It's been too long as it is...
akblackdawg wrote:PC, I havn't heard anything mention this. Here in Anchorage they have a clinic called Anch Comprehensive Health Care with several other clinics in local communities. Medical and Dental care is paid on a sliding scale dependent on your income. It also covers referals to hospitals for surgery etc, important part it is based on sliding scale of patients income. I'm sure Florida has simular clinics, call welfare office and ask for advice on clinics like that, they know all the cut rate places (my wife works for welfare office).

Send me a pm on what camo wrap will cost for my new 15x8 boat with raised cab, and I can send you a check now, won't be ready for camo wrap for at least a couple months, pm on this if you perfer.

Get well soon, and when in hospital post address we can send flowers too, we(SA) will fill the room with flowers. Bud
Will post all the hospital info when everything gets settled, I would think that it would be an in and out kind of surgery, but I have no idea at this point whats really involved, might be one of the out patient procedures and I won't be admitted overnight. One can only hope!

However I'm a girl and I'm definitely a sucker for flowers... I'll admit it :oops: :D

Will send you a PM about the camo wrap too... Thanks for the help!

607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

GAR GAL
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by GAR GAL » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:27 pm

Tonia
This probably isn't an option for you, but I will pass along anyway. My hair stylist needed some surgery and was in the same position - no insurance and did not qualify for assistance (although she was an upstanding taxpaying individual). She went to the local hospitals here in Central Fla. and was given an astronomical cost for the procedure which she could not afford. She ultimately went to some hospital in Georgia and got the surgery for a lot less than what the Fla. hospitals wanted. (Yes, she survived the surgery and was back to work doing great - no complications.) Don't know how or why the disparity in costs between Georgia and Florida, just know Ga. was more affordable for someone in her situation.

Hope all goes well with your surgery.

Good Luck - Kaye
14' Diamondback - 383 Stroker - 2.7 Ballistic - 3 Blade R

Return to “Airboat Talk”