NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Family"

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
GAR GAL
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Postby GAR GAL » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:29 pm

Tonia

I admire those that don't expect "entitlements". Count me in for 2 months - I may need some more art work.

Kaye
14' Diamondback - 383 Stroker - 2.7 Ballistic - 3 Blade R

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:46 am

congressman wrote:So nice to see someone with values, your momma must be very proud of you. The hospital may have a problem with so many random folks paying the bill, maybe the best way would be for Painterchic to take the "deposits" directly. That would make it easy for to keep track of everything. I just need to know where to send my deposit.

Congressman, I sure hope I make my momma proud, I do try my very best!! :D My Mom is a GREAT woman, if I can be just half of what she is, I think I'm doing alright...

GAR GAL wrote:Tonia

I admire those that don't expect "entitlements". Count me in for 2 months - I may need some more art work.

Kaye

Thanks so much Kaye! I think my brothers and sisters and I feel like we were raised in a different era than we really were... all of us were taught to work hard and weren't "given" anything, we earned it, and I think we all learned to appreciate what we had worked hard for alot more that way too. Unfortunately I think that teaching process has been lost to the generations behind me. It seems the more technology we get, the lazier people themselves get in the process... Most of them don't seem to value anything and feel like they "deserve" what they get and think that the government owes it to them for breathing and breeding... drives me nuts... :banghead: Whatever happened to the old saying "An honest days work for an honest days pay"??? I'll get off my soapbox and quit ranting now... LOL (but I know I'm not the only one who feels this way!)

Tonia :smurfin:
Painterchic Custom Paint and Vinyl
607-345-9394
PainterchicVinyl@gmail.com

www.Painterchic.com
Tonia Painterchic Suarez on Facebook
Painterchic Vinyl on Facebook and Etsy
Skeeter Bug Gifts on Facebook

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Whitebear » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:03 am

I have no problem sending my payments directly to Chickie, just concerned if she becomes liable for the taxes at the end of the year. May not be all that much however.

What we really need to know is how much the payments will be and when they begin. Done this way there is no need for a schedule, just for Chickie to let us know where it stands over time.
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:18 pm

Houston we have a surgery date!!! FINALLY!!! Feb 22nd is THE day... :thumbup:

Most likely gonna miss the Palm Beach show this year unless I REALLY recover fast... as in 3 days... might just end up driving down for a day as much as its gonna kill me not to be set up! Will have to take my little pad of paper with me and write notes all day... LOL Can you guys imagine me actually being quiet?? (Its beyond my realm of comprehension at the moment... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: )

I went and paid the Dr. today after they finally called me back so they would actually schedule the surgery, (they're a no cash, no cutting facility apparently.... lol) and the anestesiologist finally got back to me yesterday, and now I'm just waiting on the hospital to find out the account stuff... I'll be tonsil free in no time! Bring on the prescription of M&M ice cream!! :D :D :D :icescream:

607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

goldhunter_2
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby goldhunter_2 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:32 pm

painterchic wrote: Will have to take my little pad of paper with me and write notes all day... LOL Can you guys imagine me actually being quiet??

now that will be worth seeing we'll probably have people driving down form all 50 states just to hear painterchic speechless :lol: :lol:

painterchic wrote: I went and paid the Dr. today after they finally called me back so they would actually schedule the surgery, (they're a no cash, no cutting facility apparently.... lol) and the anestesiologist finally got back to me yesterday, and now I'm just waiting on the hospital to find out the account stuff... I'll be tonsil free in no time! Bring on the prescription of M&M ice cream!! :D :D :D :icescream:

its not to late you can get a refund we can be there tomorrow and cut them suckers out free of charge :bounce: :bounce:

Support our future , get a kid involved in the outdoors!!

:rebel:

Bob in Canada
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Bob in Canada » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:55 pm

I'm coming down from Canada , looking forward to meeting our girl at the show and she'll be speechless !
That's like going to see the Mount Rushmore and it's fogged in . It just isn't the same . I'm going have to think of a few questions that call for long answers just to check out her speed writing skills .
I hope the surgery goes smooth and don't worry about not being able to speak , you won't be the first woman that was speechless when they first met me . :roll: :lol:
14x8 Diamondback , 2.38-1 Stinger , 350 GM Marine , Sensenich 3 Blade "R" prop

Scarecrow
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby Scarecrow » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:26 pm

would still like to know how and where donations can be sent-----thanks

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:23 am

goldhunter_2 wrote: now that will be worth seeing we'll probably have people driving down form all 50 states just to hear painterchic speechless :lol: :lol:

Hey I can still type ya know... my fingers won't be quiet... LOL

painterchic wrote: I went and paid the Dr. today after they finally called me back so they would actually schedule the surgery, (they're a no cash, no cutting facility apparently.... lol) and the anestesiologist finally got back to me yesterday, and now I'm just waiting on the hospital to find out the account stuff... I'll be tonsil free in no time! Bring on the prescription of M&M ice cream!! :D :D :D :icescream:

its not to late you can get a refund we can be there tomorrow and cut them suckers out free of charge :bounce: :bounce:[/quote]

I'll take my chances with the Dr. thank-you... you would be getting WAAAAYYYY too much pleasure out me being in pain and we just can't be having all that... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob in Canada wrote:I'm coming down from Canada , looking forward to meeting our girl at the show and she'll be speechless !
That's like going to see the Mount Rushmore and it's fogged in . It just isn't the same . I'm going have to think of a few questions that call for long answers just to check out her speed writing skills .

Well if by chance I don't make it to the Palm Beach show, which I really do want to go to, I'll be at GTO the following weekend in Ocala and should be pretty close to being back to my "chatty" self... :D

I hope the surgery goes smooth and don't worry about not being able to speak , you won't be the first woman that was speechless when they first met me . :roll: :lol:

All men think that... LOLOL :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Scarecrow wrote:would still like to know how and where donations can be sent-----thanks

Workin' on it Scarecrow! Thank-you!!! Will let you know as soon as I can talk to billing at the hospital... With any luck... this morning, but we'll see how that goes... :roll:

607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

Southern Style
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Southern Style » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:33 am

Sounds Great Tonia !!!!!!! Will wait to hear how you want the donations... Might think money orders so you can just cash them without having to claim anything.. Up you you... Will wait to hear.......
DONT ARGUE WITH STUPIDITY...THEY WILL JUST DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.....
KRVSA Member
SJRAA Member
KCCO

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:48 am

I was able to talk with the hospital this morning and I now have a surgery account all set up that can have money applied by anyone in any amount. Being that I would like to keep track of whoever is helping me so I can apply their money towards future artwork, what I'm going to ask is that everyone who would like to contribute, please send me a PM and I'll send you the web address and account information. I would put it on this thread but I truly want to know who's helping me so I can be sure to apply their money accordingly... The hospital website is very secure and they won't be able to tell me anything if money has been put onto my surgery account like who its from or how much.

Thanks again for all the support and help! I sincerely appreciate it more than you know!!!

607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

BenBad
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby BenBad » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:12 am

JMO
Here is a little help suggestion for anyone helping PC. When you send a payment to the hospital you can print out a receipt to a PDF format by using this free software package. Then just email the receipt to PC. This may help PC keep the hospital straight on what has been paid in case of a mix up on her record.

CutePDF:
http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/Writer.asp

And here are the instruction for using the software:
Using CutePDF Writer to create PDF document:
DO NOT look for any application to run. Just install the software then you can print the receipt to CutePDF Writer instead of your printer to get PDF output.

Select the Print command to bring up Print dialog box.
Then select CutePDF Writer as the Printer to print (DO NOT select "Print to file" option).
You will get a Save As dialog box prompted for saving created PDF file.
Select a folder to Save in and enter a File name, then click on Save.
Go to that folder to find your PDF file.

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Whitebear » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:40 am

Can also hit the Screen Print button once and then paste it into PAINT (or any other software you use like Photo Chop etc..) and save as a .jpg file with no new software. Mail it as a .jpg attachment to Painterchick.

Not dissing any other way, just adding a way.
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry

BenBad
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby BenBad » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 am

Thanks Whitebear, Like everything else in the computer world there is more ways to get things done than you can shake a stick at. What ever works for the person that is doing it is great. Sometimes we can get so narrow minded that we can look through a key hole with both eyes at the same time.

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:26 am

Thanks Guys for helping me out!!! :D You're the best!

T :smurfin:
607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

R L Williams
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby R L Williams » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:07 pm

Today was the day for Chicky to git her M&M swaller hole fixed, anybody heard anything?
"GRASS SCOOTER"
Member of the over the hill gang.
United Sportsmen Airboaters Alliance.
NRA life member.

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Whitebear » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:21 pm

Maybe they cut out her talker. Hope they didn't hurt her swallower.........

Daddy Dave
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Daddy Dave » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:40 pm

Prayers for PC's complete recovery sure won't hurt.
A I R B O A T

Anytime It Runs, Break Out Another Thousand

mascara
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby mascara » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:26 am

Hi, everyone,,,,,,,is this camaradie to be believed????, :shock: this is the FIRST time where i see so many faceless members,cyber friends etc.........................................................
coming together to help a fellow member *** Aboater, although her AB is more than 2 years overdue!!

If this is a gimmick , you sure have a lot of great actors and supporting actors too..........and if this is a scam it must be the greatest
ripoff of 2012....... :violent1:

One thing for sure.......you guys can definitely be PROUD of yourself for the support and well wishes that all of you have shown. In case you forget , an outpouring of support like these are not the NORM anymore in MODERN world. :cheers:

Support like these makes the headlines in Singapore and they come very few and far. We are often so pre-occupied with all things material and wealth accumulation we have forgotten how to be a human being again.

Things like these makes the SA GREAT and AMERICA GREATER ! :old_glory:

Could someone direct me to the government dept. how i can get residency in Florida??

:salute: :salute: :salute:

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby cntry141iq » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:56 am

Mascara .. I can't even figure out a response for your post ... it is just what we do. When a need is real and help is appreciated and not expected or demanded as an entitlement folks will be there. We have drifted off center a bit over the years but this is the way it used to be many years ago here in America. A few took advantage of it so most turned their backs on helping ... but in my opinion helping someone with a genuine need if you are able to .. is just normal way of life.

Just think one dollar .. from each member would fix her problem ... and what would one dollar hurt anyone ??

There are still good people in this world ... and many are right here on SA .. yeah we fuss and argue over stupid trivial stuff .. we even have a few who are merely posing as being real people ... but they don't last long.

It is just who we are and what we do.
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

mascara
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby mascara » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:58 am

Hi, Cntry,

Thank you for the simple and yet direct reply.

Perhaps now i would understand why our Former Prime Minister, Lee Kuan Yew,
said that even in this present predicament the USA is facing, the country will definitely
climb out of it stronger and better, and would definitely survive this crisis, not because of the political conumdrums, but for the ingenuity , spirit, and the never say die attitude of most Americans.

Well done Floridians! :salute:

Cheers!!!!! :cheers:

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Whitebear » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:12 am

I guess since SA is more than just limited to the American shores, its all of us as Airboaters not specifically Americans. But like Jon said, its what we do. Its not done for the glory and its not doe for showmanship, its done because we care.

On the flip side, we got to help her get back otherwise we won't have anyone to tease, pick on and rib. Maybe there is some self interest right there LOL ! I know the M&M Company is anxiously awaiting her recovery !

Cowboy Rock
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby Cowboy Rock » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:04 am

I'm buying stock in the M&M company,,,

:drunken: :rebel: :old_glory:
Wet Dreams Too,,,

14 ft. Panther,,, 370ci SBC, 72 in Whirlwind Whispertip, Line-X-350 X bottom,,,

"Full bloodied Dog hunting man"

Dry Branch, Ga.

Thats how I roll,,,

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:56 pm

Thanks for all the concern guys!! Well here's how it all went down yesterday...
Had to be at the hospital at 9:30 am (starving for breakfast and a cup of coffee at this point, and of course they won't let ya)
Surgery was supposed to commence at 10:30... (PC is still in the waiting room at 10:30 and more hungry than ever)
I finally got into the pre-op room around 11:00 (stomach really getting cranky at this point and cursing hospital) made note that I was the only person in there over the age of about 10 years old and feeling seriously old... Lol
After expressing major concern to hospital staff about my unbelievably bad reaction to anestisia in the past (puking for hours afterwards) they took right care of me... Don't know what all they gave me for happy juice, but I can tell you that's some GREAT stuff!!! :drunken:

At noon they were wheeling me into surgery and by 12:30 I was already in recovery and it was over... When I finally came back to reality... My Dr came by to tell me that I didn't have tonsils, I had footballs in my throat and he couldn't believe that I've lived like that all these years and
that no other Dr. Would take them out...

I recovering at my parents today and will most likely go home either tonight or tomorrow, but all went very well and the pain meds they have me on are working quite well as in the ice pack that I have to keep on my neck for the next few days... Not sure how long I'm gonna sound like I have a big wad of cotton in the back of my mouth, but I can talk for short amounts of time so much to goldhunters dismay, I'm not voiceless!!! :cheers: but despite how much I really want to get back to work, I guess I'll follow the dr's orders for a couple of days anyway... Lol

But all is going well so far!! Thanks again for all the concern and prayers... I know they're being answered... God's definitely been listening!!

607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby cntry141iq » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:46 pm

Glad to hear ...
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Whitebear » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:00 pm

Jam Up ! :cheers:

Return to “Airboat Talk”