NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Family"

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
User avatar
R L Williams
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI
Posts: 3890
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 11:13 am
Location: Alachua, Fl

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by R L Williams »

Yep, had them out at the tender age of 21, the ice cream did wonders, with M&Ms added, no sweat.
"GRASS SCOOTER"
Member of the over the hill gang.
United Sportsmen Airboaters Alliance.
NRA life member.

K-mac
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 1426
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: PalmBayFL.

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by K-mac »

While I can't offer any help with your questions, I do wish you a speedy recovery.
And don't forget, you redneck girls is tuff, you'll be just fine.
:rebel:
If the south would'a won we'da had it made!

DAVE C
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: NOKOMIS FLORIDA

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by DAVE C »

HAD TO HAVE MY TONSILS OUT AT 39. THOUGHT IT WAS CANCER.GO TO OUTPATIENT SURGERY CENTER< SIMPLE SURGERY. WAY CHEEPER THAN ANY HOSPITAL .EASY IN AND OUT. YOU ARE NOT LOST IN THE SHUFFLE.YOU ARE OUT IN A COUPLE HOURS. WAS BACK TO WORK THAT AFTERNOON. PIECE OF CAKE. TAKES ACOLD SHOWER TO SHAKE OFF THE FOG OF ANESTIA .MOST EAR/NOSE/THROAT DOCTORS WORK OUT OF THEM.WAITING FOR THE BIOPSE IS ANOTHER THING

User avatar
painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 2551
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:27 pm
Location: Ridge Manor, FL
Contact:

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by painterchic »

OK, so here is today's update... called my ENT to see if he worked out of any other hospitals to find out NOPE, he only does surgery out of Spring Hill Regional, so it was back to the negotiating table with them some more. Called that office and talked to the patient advocate and gave her my situation adding in the fact that I had to use the ER since the last time we talked and have told her I can come up with $2500 cash and will need to see what can be done with that... She is going to take that to her administration and see if they will accept that as payment in full for the surgery (she sounded quite positive on the phone that something might be done with that amount) I might not get it all wiped out for that, but at least they would go ahead and do the surgery and I would be able to finance the balance. She also told me I would be able to negoitate the ER visit yesterday too, so that set my mind at ease a lot too.
So at this point, rather than starting all over with another ENT with another consultation cost to see if they would or wouldn't take them out now, I'm gonna try and work this deal out the best I can and just get it overwith... if I was negotiating for a new truck I might hold out longer and go seek a bunch of different scenarios to get the best deal in town... but I'm thinking that my ER scare yesterday was my "get out of jail free card" buying me enough time to get this thing lined up and done before I take another turn for the worse again...

T :smurfin:
Painterchic Custom Paint and Vinyl
607-345-9394
PainterchicVinyl@gmail.com

www.Painterchic.com
Tonia Painterchic Suarez on Facebook
Painterchic Vinyl on Facebook and Etsy
Skeeter Bug Gifts on Facebook

User avatar
MilkManDan
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 619
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:34 pm
Location: Thonotosassa, FL

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by MilkManDan »

If you would like a second opinion try Brandon Area ENT ran by DR. Stephen Yavelow. I have used him for years. He owns part of a surgery center in Brandon and and he does like cash and will do financing.

User avatar
painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 2551
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:27 pm
Location: Ridge Manor, FL
Contact:

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by painterchic »

DAVE C wrote:HAD TO HAVE MY TONSILS OUT AT 39. THOUGHT IT WAS CANCER.GO TO OUTPATIENT SURGERY CENTER< SIMPLE SURGERY. WAY CHEEPER THAN ANY HOSPITAL .EASY IN AND OUT. YOU ARE NOT LOST IN THE SHUFFLE.YOU ARE OUT IN A COUPLE HOURS. WAS BACK TO WORK THAT AFTERNOON. PIECE OF CAKE. TAKES ACOLD SHOWER TO SHAKE OFF THE FOG OF ANESTIA .MOST EAR/NOSE/THROAT DOCTORS WORK OUT OF THEM.WAITING FOR THE BIOPSE IS ANOTHER THING
Didn't get to see your post before I hit send on my last post... Glad to know it isn't as big of a deal as I've been make a nervous wreck about... been under anesthesia before and had problems with that, but only because I get violently sick from it and didn't know they could give me something for it prior to surgery... one of those live and learn kinda things... :roll: Sure hope that your biopsy turned out for the best! When I went in because I wasn't breathing well it was because one of my tonsils had swollen to take up more than half my throat and I was getting really concerned that the other one was gonna catch up in a hurry and I was gonna end up in a bunch of trouble before knew what was happening.

If this doesn't work out the way I'm hoping it will I'll have to look at that as an alternative too, I didn't know such a thing existed... You guys are definitely opening my eyes to some new ideas! Thanks!!!
MilkManDan wrote:If you would like a second opinion try Brandon Area ENT ran by DR. Stephen Yavelow. I have used him for years. He owns part of a surgery center in Brandon and and he does like cash and will do financing.
Thanks MilkManDan for the info too!! It might come in handy yet...

T :smurfin:
Painterchic Custom Paint and Vinyl
607-345-9394
PainterchicVinyl@gmail.com

www.Painterchic.com
Tonia Painterchic Suarez on Facebook
Painterchic Vinyl on Facebook and Etsy
Skeeter Bug Gifts on Facebook

Cherpa
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 11:11 pm

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by Cherpa »

Goldhunter, I see a road trip coming up. OK, PC I got this figured out. Big Daddy has the Leatherman & the de-hooker (not da-hooker), I've got the ball-peen hammer (for anesthesia), Goldhunter can bring the kids to help hold you down. Now, a little shot of moon-shine for you,to num the area, one shot for us, for courage, another shot for us to steady our nerves. Snip, snip, yank and pull, your done. Toast w/ a shot of Crown, all's good. Big Daddy's fishing that afternoon, Goldhunter, the kids, and I are on our way home. Just chip in a little for gas and we're even. Oh, stock up on some asper-gum, and hold off on the peanut M&M's. We can do this on the second Tuesday of next week. Hey, if there is anything we can do, pick-up the phone and call, you know we ALL love ya, good luck.
We grow too soon old and too late smart.

User avatar
Wild Bill
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Posts: 1731
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:28 pm
Location: Great White North

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by Wild Bill »

Pretty sobering.. Haven't really thought about it since Dan sold me my prop so he could help pay for his first child's delivery but we just go to the doctor or hospital when we think we need to.. Plans available to pay for drugs and ambulance however health care is free. I'm not trying to be political, I'm sure it's one of the reasons many of our doctors and nurses go down to the States to work. I just pray and hope the best for you.

User avatar
JB550
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:35 pm
Location: Somewhere in a fl. swamp

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by JB550 »

I can truly appreciate your not wanting charity,but have you thought about doing a raffle for some of your art work? Raffle off a set of custom rudders. Just an idea that might raise what you need and you would feel as though you worked for it.

User avatar
BenBad
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 581
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: Omaha, Ne
Contact:

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by BenBad »

Hey PC,
Sorry to hear about this. Nurse Betty says don't play with this get them things out.

I like the sounds of a raffle or something just get it posted on here and I wil be in. Need you back up this way to go boating again. Take care.

Rick & Betty.
Rick Powers
Omaha NE
http://www.yourtalkingnow.com/

User avatar
goldhunter_2
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III
Posts: 8953
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 7:17 pm
Location: Port Saint Lucie Fl

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by goldhunter_2 »

Cherpa I am way ahead of you...lol I already volunteer our hillbilly surgery told her you would throw in a couple dozen jello shots to numb her up , Big daddy said he would do the cutting and I would hold her down and help yank them suckers out of there :lol: .................... image my shock when she turned down such a good offer but said she would keep it in mind

Cherpa wrote:Goldhunter, I see a road trip coming up. OK, PC I got this figured out. Big Daddy has the Leatherman & the de-hooker (not da-hooker), I've got the ball-peen hammer (for anesthesia), Goldhunter can bring the kids to help hold you down. Now, a little shot of moon-shine for you,to num the area, one shot for us, for courage, another shot for us to steady our nerves. Snip, snip, yank and pull, your done. Toast w/ a shot of Crown, all's good. Big Daddy's fishing that afternoon, Goldhunter, the kids, and I are on our way home. Just chip in a little for gas and we're even. Oh, stock up on some asper-gum, and hold off on the peanut M&M's. We can do this on the second Tuesday of next week. Hey, if there is anything we can do, pick-up the phone and call, you know we ALL love ya, good luck.
.


Support our future , get a kid involved in the outdoors!!

:rebel:



.

User avatar
:)
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Posts: 2110
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:07 pm
Location: Baker County, Florida
Contact:

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by :) »

goldhunter_2 wrote:Cherpa I am way ahead of you...lol I already volunteer our hillbilly surgery told her you would throw in a couple dozen jello shots to numb her up , Big daddy said he would do the cutting and I would hold her down and help yank them suckers out of there :lol: .................... image my shock when she turned down such a good offer but said she would keep it in mind

Cherpa wrote:Goldhunter, I see a road trip coming up. OK, PC I got this figured out. Big Daddy has the Leatherman & the de-hooker (not da-hooker), I've got the ball-peen hammer (for anesthesia), Goldhunter can bring the kids to help hold you down. Now, a little shot of moon-shine for you,to num the area, one shot for us, for courage, another shot for us to steady our nerves. Snip, snip, yank and pull, your done. Toast w/ a shot of Crown, all's good. Big Daddy's fishing that afternoon, Goldhunter, the kids, and I are on our way home. Just chip in a little for gas and we're even. Oh, stock up on some asper-gum, and hold off on the peanut M&M's. We can do this on the second Tuesday of next week. Hey, if there is anything we can do, pick-up the phone and call, you know we ALL love ya, good luck.
I wanna watch! And they say airboaters aren't good people, look at all this help! Lol
PC, no matter what it takes I promise its better than dealing with these illnesses over and over again. Wish u a speedy recovery!
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

flying fish
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 1877
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:09 pm
Location: Elkhart, Kansas

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by flying fish »

painterchic
good luck and hope the cost is to your liking. :)


CT
15' DB - 6.2 LSA - 4 blade 82" R - 2.52 CH-4

User avatar
painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 2551
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:27 pm
Location: Ridge Manor, FL
Contact:

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by painterchic »

Cherpa wrote:Goldhunter, I see a road trip coming up. OK, PC I got this figured out. Big Daddy has the Leatherman & the de-hooker (not da-hooker), I've got the ball-peen hammer (for anesthesia), Goldhunter can bring the kids to help hold you down. Now, a little shot of moon-shine for you,to num the area, one shot for us, for courage, another shot for us to steady our nerves. Snip, snip, yank and pull, your done. Toast w/ a shot of Crown, all's good. Big Daddy's fishing that afternoon, Goldhunter, the kids, and I are on our way home. Just chip in a little for gas and we're even. Oh, stock up on some asper-gum, and hold off on the peanut M&M's. We can do this on the second Tuesday of next week. Hey, if there is anything we can do, pick-up the phone and call, you know we ALL love ya, good luck.
goldhunter_2 wrote:Cherpa I am way ahead of you...lol I already volunteer our hillbilly surgery told her you would throw in a couple dozen jello shots to numb her up , Big daddy said he would do the cutting and I would hold her down and help yank them suckers out of there :lol: .................... image my shock when she turned down such a good offer but said she would keep it in mind
You know, between Cherpa, Goldhunter and Big Daddy, I sure don't need any enemies!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Then you add my mom into the mix with her "Junk Drawer Scissors" sounds like we got a party! Oh and we can't forget the cheerleaders like :) :lol: :lol: :lol: and I'm sure Nomad will want to be there with the camera to get it all on film too... :lol:
Wild Bill wrote:Pretty sobering.. Haven't really thought about it since Dan sold me my prop so he could help pay for his first child's delivery but we just go to the doctor or hospital when we think we need to.. Plans available to pay for drugs and ambulance however health care is free. I'm not trying to be political, I'm sure it's one of the reasons many of our doctors and nurses go down to the States to work. I just pray and hope the best for you.
Yup, I know there must be some stipulations on how your medical stuff up there works, but its got to be better than what we have down here as things stand today. It's very trying on a body knowing you have to try to not only survive everyday life, but try to come up with $$ you don't have when you're sick on top of it. I'm very fortunate that its just my tonsils and nothing major, I can't begin to think of what it would be facing a really serious illness.
JB540 wrote:I can truly appreciate your not wanting charity,but have you thought about doing a raffle for some of your art work? Raffle off a set of custom rudders. Just an idea that might raise what you need and you would feel as though you worked for it.
As a matter of fact that idea was brought up just yesterday and I need to talk to Rick about it, I don't want to do it without his blessing and I would have a few stipulations of my own if we decide to do it... like if by chance it raised more than what I need that the balance go into a fund to help out others in need as well, I would also want to offer up a choice to the winner since some people already have rudder art, they might be interested in a custom painting on canvas instead of rudder art or something like that... ideas are still forming at this point... this would be a whole lot easier for me to organize and come up with ideas if it weren't for me if that makes any sense whatsoever... I'm not comfortable being on the recieving end of a project like this :oops: I like helping out others much more! :D
BenBad wrote:Hey PC,
Sorry to hear about this. Nurse Betty says don't play with this get them things out.

I like the sounds of a raffle or something just get it posted on here and I wil be in. Need you back up this way to go boating again. Take care.

Rick & Betty.
You can't possibly think that a pair of measley little tonsils are gonna keep me down and not coming back up there... :lol: :lol: :lol: You should know better than that!!! LOL But thanks so much for your concern... I really appreciate it!
flying fish wrote:painterchic
good luck and hope the cost is to your liking. :)


CT
Thanks for the support CT! I'm waiting on a call from the hospital today to see what they have to say about yesterdays "offer" and I'll go from there...


Thanks to everybody who's offered up ideas, I truly appreciate all of you more than you know!!! :love2:

Tonia :smurfin:
Painterchic Custom Paint and Vinyl
607-345-9394
PainterchicVinyl@gmail.com

www.Painterchic.com
Tonia Painterchic Suarez on Facebook
Painterchic Vinyl on Facebook and Etsy
Skeeter Bug Gifts on Facebook

Cherpa
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 11:11 pm

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by Cherpa »

You know I've got more options for you...
We grow too soon old and too late smart.

User avatar
Bob in Canada
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 1586
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:03 pm
Location: Kirkland Lake Ontario Canada

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by Bob in Canada »

Here ya go..... Come to Canada , quick wedding and you're in for our socialized medicine . You already know how to shovel snow and split wood . You'll fit right in . How do you feel about cats?
Seriously , I don't envy you your position on a bunch of levels , can't imagine what it would be like to have to pony up the cash for a Dr. or surgery .
If you gargle a few times a day with warm water and salt ( 1 teaspoon salt : one pint water ) it helps .
I hope things work out OK for you .
14x8 Diamondback , 2.38-1 Stinger , 350 GM Marine , Sensenich 3 Blade "R" prop

blow boat
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:32 pm
Location: Stuart fla

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by blow boat »

Can't get past gargil n with peroxide , hollysheet i'll just stick with.
His gearbox rederic :mrgreen: hope u feel better sweetie

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI
Posts: 10136
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: bradenton florida
Contact:

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by cntry141iq »

hey it works ... just don't swallow .. same with salt water .. dont swallow lol
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

User avatar
painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 2551
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:27 pm
Location: Ridge Manor, FL
Contact:

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by painterchic »

Cherpa wrote:You know I've got more options for you...
There is no doubt in my mind about that!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Bob in Canada wrote:Here ya go..... Come to Canada , quick wedding and you're in for our socialized medicine . You already know how to shovel snow and split wood . You'll fit right in . How do you feel about cats?
Seriously , I don't envy you your position on a bunch of levels , can't imagine what it would be like to have to pony up the cash for a Dr. or surgery .
If you gargle a few times a day with warm water and salt ( 1 teaspoon salt : one pint water ) it helps .
I hope things work out OK for you .
Thanks Bob for the offer... :lol: But there was a reason I left all that snow and splitting wood and cold and crap... I DON'T LIKE IT!!! LOLOL I'm getting chill bumps just at the thought of it.

Believe it or not, my throat isn't sore at all, its just that my tonsils are swollen beyond belief. Now that I've been on my meds for a few days, my sinuses are finally starting to clear up and I can breathe again too... so things are looking up! (At least until I go under the knife :shock: )
blow boat wrote:Can't get past gargil n with peroxide , hollysheet i'll just stick with.
His gearbox rederic :mrgreen: hope u feel better sweetie
Thanks Blow Boat!! :D
cntry141iq wrote:hey it works ... just don't swallow .. same with salt water .. dont swallow lol
You know darn well this thread is going to go so far off topic it will never recover again after this sentence... but I'll say just this one thing... you're the first man I ever heard that said "Don't Swallow"... whether it was pertaining to Peroxide, Salt Water or otherwise.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (My brain is telling me I should just this one go without addressing it, but like always, my fingers reacted faster than my brain... LOLOL)

T :smurfin:
Painterchic Custom Paint and Vinyl
607-345-9394
PainterchicVinyl@gmail.com

www.Painterchic.com
Tonia Painterchic Suarez on Facebook
Painterchic Vinyl on Facebook and Etsy
Skeeter Bug Gifts on Facebook

Uhairball
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:31 am
Location: Inverness, FL

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by Uhairball »

I hear that medical procedures are extremely cheap in Mexico, and you aren't that far away. All because they don't have to worry about malpractice insurance..

User avatar
gobblerD
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 2285
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:45 pm

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by gobblerD »

I hope you feel better Tonya. I had mine out at a young age. After you get to feeling better I'll let you borrow my sweet ride to go get some Ice Cream.

Image

User avatar
akblackdawg
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III
Posts: 2969
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Wasilla, ALASKA

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by akblackdawg »

Uhairball wrote:I hear that medical procedures are extremely cheap in Mexico, and you aren't that far away. All because they don't have to worry about malpractice insurance..
Not a bad idea. I had a root canal in Mex, a $2000 root canal and crown, for $250. Still in and never a problem. Quick flight to mexico I imagion is only a couple hunderd bucks from there. Look on the internet about mexican surgery. Bud
:alaska: If you ain't living on the edge, you're taking up to much space.

15x8 Alumatech hull, with enclosed cab, aluminum cage, LS 3, 6.2 aluminum block ffi, 2.7 Balistic Box, sensinich superwide 3 blade. Built for year around riding in Alaska

User avatar
painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 2551
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:27 pm
Location: Ridge Manor, FL
Contact:

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by painterchic »

Well guys, the one thing I can say is the next time I have to go to the ER I better be almost dead and rolling in on a gurney... Or better yet, someone just shoot me and get it over with... Needless to say I got the ER bill today... :shock: :shock: :shock: I never knew a shot in my keister was gonna cause me so much pain... :pottytrain2: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Finally got the OK from the hospital today to schedule surgery, called the Dr's office to get it under motion only to find out they're closed till Monday :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Oh well... life goes on!!! :D

T :smurfin:
Painterchic Custom Paint and Vinyl
607-345-9394
PainterchicVinyl@gmail.com

www.Painterchic.com
Tonia Painterchic Suarez on Facebook
Painterchic Vinyl on Facebook and Etsy
Skeeter Bug Gifts on Facebook

User avatar
JAMES
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 8569
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:31 pm
Location: cocoa
Contact:

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by JAMES »

Ruagatr wrote:I say we have a Painterchick fundraiser! She is really the only "chick" who puts up with us on a regular basis and she can design the prizes! If we had a raffle or auction for a full boat wrap (with a reserve price) and some rudder graphics etc, we could knock this out. What say the gang?

Maddog
i need my new 5fters wraped and not a whole boat wrap but some design ...im nnnnnnn
https://m.facebook.com/321ccc/?ref=bookmarks Wp383 268 rotator 3 bld WT/EX 14.4 perdator

User avatar
goldhunter_2
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III
Posts: 8953
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 7:17 pm
Location: Port Saint Lucie Fl

Re: NOT about airboating, but need some advise from "The Fam

Post by goldhunter_2 »

doctors and lawyers always keep those special hours ....lol

If Monday is to far away, my offer form this morning is still good I have my rusty pliers and broken hacksaw blade already in the truck :toothy7:
.


Support our future , get a kid involved in the outdoors!!

:rebel:



.

Post Reply

Return to “Airboat Talk”