Lake George Airboaters...

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
av8rnfla
Southern Airboat Member

Lake George Airboaters...

Post by av8rnfla »

Our club, IRCAA, is wanting to do another ride up to the springs this July. I am asking for any info on camping, or lodging on the lake. I know there are a few fish camps on or near the lake. We are looking for an "airboat friendly" camp. We stayed at Parramore's last year, and had a blast with you guys. We had some complaints on the deep water run from Parramore's, but still had a good time. Any tips are appreciated, and maybe we'll see y'all up there.
Thanks,
Eddie
321-288-4005
Kolb Firestar II Airplane and a 160 Lycoming on a 12' Star Airboat.

yobee
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: Lake George Airboaters...

Post by yobee »

Send a PM to Stan on this website, he has a house to rent out on the lake, no deepwater running at all. Im not sure if he gets on much, but I bet cntry141iq could get you in touch with him!
Life is great, without it you'd be dead.
Volusia County Sportsmen's Conservation Association Member
http://lakeokeechobeeairboatassociation.org/
Continental powered Performance hull.

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Tony480 »

That would be about your only bet for no deep water.But that house wont be big enough for all the people yall had last year.Stay at parramores and trailer it to Volusia bar.It's only a few minutes down the road and only about a 400 yard long deep water run.

NightRider
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by NightRider »

Eddie, I went through all of this last year. Parramore's is the only option. Book it. Tony, Tyson, and a few other locals were a big help. If they don't like the deep water than it's an 8 minute scenic drive to Volusia Bar. If we stay anywhere else it will split the group up and take away from the camaraderie. We had 45 plus (guess) last year, but I would expect a lot mote this year , due to the excessive amount of fun we had last year. Looking forward to it! Sam.
IRAA, KRVSA, FAA.

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Tony480 »

Get with me when it comes time Sam and we will hook up.

lorick
Southern Airboat Member

Post by lorick »

bassworld north end of lake behind draton isl. nice cabin's and parking. ph#386-467-2267

av8rnfla
Southern Airboat Member

Post by av8rnfla »

NightRider wrote:Eddie, I went through all of this last year. Parramore's is the only option. Book it. Tony, Tyson, and a few other locals were a big help. If they don't like the deep water than it's an 8 minute scenic drive to Volusia Bar. If we stay anywhere else it will split the group up and take away from the camaraderie. We had 45 plus (guess) last year, but I would expect a lot mote this year , due to the excessive amount of fun we had last year. Looking forward to it! Sam.
Sam,
I agree. We'll try to get a date set by the next meeting
Kolb Firestar II Airplane and a 160 Lycoming on a 12' Star Airboat.

MJD291
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by MJD291 »

lorick wrote:bassworld north end of lake behind draton isl. nice cabin's and parking. ph#386-467-2267

The folks at Bassworld are really great people. I stayed there last summer and enjoyed it. Very reasonable and they have a non ethanol gas pump and a boat ramp on the property. Parramore's wanted me to pay for the whole 3 day weekend months in advance whether or not I wanted the campsite for 1 or 2 days and wanted to charge me more money for my 2 year old. It kinda aggravated me and I went to Bassworld. Bassworld told me I only needed to pay for the days I wanted to stay and they did not charge me more for my little one. I had planned on staying the whole weekend anyways but it was just the point. I also forgot my water hose for my camper and Bassworld loaned me one for the weekend to keep me from having to go buy one when I got there late Friday night. When I unloaded my airboat in their boat ramp the owner came out and gave me a hand even though I didn't need it, but it just shows what kind of folks you are dealing with. I can't say enough how nice the folks are at Bassworld. :thumbleft:
I LOVE THE SMELL OF AV GAS IN THE MORNING. IT SMELLS LIKE..... VICTORY

stan
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by stan »

St. Johns River campground in Astor, plenty of rv lots and cabins. also the Astoria motel is right next door.

aherr520
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by aherr520 »

there is a place I found on the lake it is a large house the owner showed it to me and it will sleep alot I think the people at M Port marina own it because thats where I was at the time,I sure someone on here has there # and from what I remember it was a very fair price
aaof member

Return to “Airboat Talk”