Went Up Juniper and Siver Glenn on Lake George Today

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
MacGyver
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Went Up Juniper and Siver Glenn on Lake George Today

Post by MacGyver »

We put in today at blue Creek Lodge Road around 10 am, we had to wait a few minutes for a fella that was giving his boat a really deep cleaning :oops: , kinda tried to sink it at the boat ramp :scratch: . But those things are going to happen from time to time and they had him up and going in short order :cheers: .We first went over to Silver Glen and took a quick peek DANG was that place crowded :toothy7: and getting even more crowded by the minute so we eased back down to the entrance to Juniper Run and fished for a few minutes catching a few bass, easy pickings right there. Well we worked our way up juniper and meet up with a group of other airboaters that i truly believe invented the words "Southern Hospitality". You will never meet a better group of people. Thanks again to everyone there for making the wife and i feel welcome to your group :thumbleft: . WE got a special treat when we were offerd fried frog legs along with a assortment of other southern dishes. We have Never had frog legs before and all i can say is that i need to go out and get me a frog gig :blob: :toothy7: everything was awesome. GTO was represented there today with Brian and Keith stopping by. After speaking with Brian and Keith i was able to get a confirmation that my Power Pole was at the shop and would indeed get installed next week :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: , i just needed to call tuesday morning and lock it in the shop schedule. :salute: .Thanks again for the great time today !!!!!!!!!
MacGyver

Tater Nutz
2012 15 x 8 ALum GTO w2ft grassrake
383 stroker 463 HP with stinger 255 to 1 soft drive
Sensenich 3 Blade 80" R series

Coverall
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: Went Up Juniper and Siver Glenn on Lake George Today

Post by Coverall »

Got there late and had a good time also.

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker »

We should went there today instead of Kissimmee, it was hotter than to squirrels phucking in a whool sock down there!!
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2017 Al David / stroked LS

skinny99
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by skinny99 »

Glad you had a good day! Sounds a lot like my first day on my boat. I eased up to the volleyball court in Juniper and parked.
Walked around and looked at some boats and before I could get back to my boat I got offered some froglegs, hushpuppies and moonshine.
I passed on the shine but couldn't go without some froglegs! Didn't know a soul up there and was treated like had been going there for years.
There is usually a good group of people up there most weekends.
Successful people do what others won't or can't!

homemade12476
Southern Airboat Member

Post by homemade12476 »

lol tater was behind ya at ramp lucky just to catch tail end of the guys wash down but was about the 8th person this weekend to do same
11'2 square nose gilli canadian 220 70inch 3 blade H sensenich

MacGyver
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by MacGyver »

yeah i didn't see it happen but it sure look like a pain in the butt to deal with. So whats the deal with so many people doing that at the ramp :dontknow: are they backing there trailers down waaaaaaaay to fast ??? It was good to see everyone helping the guy out like they did.

Did you guys see that awesome blue deckover boat with the counter rotator setup with 9 huge azz blades ??? It looked like a blower or something like it setting on top of the motor. Just how much horse power does he have ?

When i tried to leave i went thru hell the way i was parked with my airboat trying my best not to use to much prop and power. I had guys trying to push it to avoid a bad situation, would like to thank the guys that tried to help and apologize for any trouble i caused trying to get out of there.

For now on if i can't get there early enough for a premium spot "reserved parking area" between Stan , Rowho (sp) and white trash i should have the power pole installed so i can park my happy azz in the middle of the run :D
MacGyver

Tater Nutz

:)
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by :) »

Yeah I hate gettin in somewhere and feel like I can't back out without blowing the shiz out of someone! I gotta get down there for a ride...
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Post by terrible ted »

Come on you killing the boat less here, You have to post pictures.

Dam holiday i wont have my crank seal till tuesday.

:)
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by :) »

terrible ted wrote:Come on you killing the boat less here, You have to post pictures.

Dam holiday i wont have my crank seal till tuesday.

Mines down too! Really does suck. I got no kids this weekend and really nothing to do. :( only mine won't be back up for 2-3 weeks.
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

homemade12476
Southern Airboat Member

Post by homemade12476 »

came home early to pull jugs boat chewing up oil almost as fast as fuel 10qts of oil 12 gal of gas. tater that ramp is steep for ppl that dont know and have shallow boats its a bitch to launch for me also i only have a half inch b4 i get swamped with my fat ass on the deck pushing. heard around 8 boats did it on that ramp this weekend.
11'2 square nose gilli canadian 220 70inch 3 blade H sensenich

MacGyver
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by MacGyver »

TRY to post a pic of the blue 9 blade counter rotator deck over boat
Attachments
blue counter roator boat
blue counter roator boat
blue counter rotator boat.jpg (200.42 KiB) Viewed 1338 times
MacGyver

Tater Nutz

MacGyver
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by MacGyver »

juniper run yesterday
Attachments
juniper run yesterday
juniper run yesterday
JUNIPERRUN.jpg (134.17 KiB) Viewed 1336 times
MacGyver

Tater Nutz

JAMES
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by JAMES »

MacGyver wrote:TRY to post a pic of the blue 9 blade counter rotator deck over boat
thats SEXY :D
https://m.facebook.com/321ccc/?ref=bookmarks Wp383 268 rotator 3 bld WT/EX 14.4 perdator

MacGyver
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by MacGyver »

James i got to agree with you that boat is hot for sure. Does anyone know how much horse power that guy is running ? :dontknow: it's got to be around 6 or 7 of those a/c motors :scratch: :violent1:
MacGyver

Tater Nutz

SthrnStyle3
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SthrnStyle3 »

I was able to make it up there saturday at about 10:30am.. I hung out at the glenn most of the day. Around 4pm I headed back and went up juniper as far as I could go. Brings back old childhood memories. Sucks they shut the bridge down. It was hard for me to recognize anyones boat from S.A. But there sure were alot of nice looking boats!
12' aluminum hull, 350 sbc w/ flattop Pistons and camel hump heads, side by side seating w/ double in front, 2:1 gearbox and a 78" whirlwind whispertip 2.0

MacGyver
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by MacGyver »

SthrnStyle3 you should of spent the day up juniper run , you will never meet finer people anywhere :cheers: . How did you manage to get around up in Siver Glen it looked like one big traffic jam by 10am :scratch: . There had to of been 100 plus airboat on lake George saturday and probably more than that on sunday.
MacGyver

Tater Nutz

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker »

Mac, your probably right on the HP of 6 or 7 AC motors but I bet it's not near as fast or nor will go the places LOL
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2017 Al David / stroked LS

MacGyver
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by MacGyver »

fl cracker i agree with you, i doubt that boat would want to follow you guys but it sure is pretty :toothy7: his fuel comsumption is got to be unreal but really nice boat
MacGyver

Tater Nutz

SthrnStyle3
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SthrnStyle3 »

I went up to the spring and it was so crowded that I turned around and headed back to the mouth of the glenn. I ran into a buddy of mine with a 23' center console boat and just tied up to him.. I got to talk to a few ppl in juniper, but not for long because they were packing up to leave. I was nervous passing by some of their hangout spots and tried to go slow but then they flagged me by as to say go ahead and get on it. Glad they did cuz with that current and shallow water, you pretty much have to be on plane :lol: I wouldnt of minded getting to meet u macgyver.. Yall may have seen me. Orange boat with black triangular stripe with small block dd and a warp drive.. I was gonna stay til sun. but my friends with a lake house cancelled. :violent1:
12' aluminum hull, 350 sbc w/ flattop Pistons and camel hump heads, side by side seating w/ double in front, 2:1 gearbox and a 78" whirlwind whispertip 2.0

MacGyver
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by MacGyver »

SthrnStyle3 next time your going to Lake George shoot me a pm and we will meet you up there. We usually go to the Glenn first and check things out and then ease our way up Juniper to hang out with the Kool People of Airboating :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :toothy7:
MacGyver

Tater Nutz

SthrnStyle3
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SthrnStyle3 »

Will do! It will probably have to be a big event because it's a pretty good drive lol.

PANAMA RED
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by PANAMA RED »

MacGyver wrote:James i got to agree with you that boat is hot for sure. Does anyone know how much horse power that guy is running ? :dontknow: it's got to be around 6 or 7 of those a/c motors :scratch: :violent1:
The owner of that boat is from the Hernando area and was talking with Merle and myself and told us it is just over 1100 hp , and they are in the engine building business . He pulls alot of folks out , and is ready to tow anyone in need , on plane of course :!: His words .
PANAMARED

jll27
Southern Airboat Member

Post by jll27 »

Macgyver.. My 8 year old son laughed his a$$ off when he saw your boat go by us in juniper saturday.. he thought Tater Nutz on your rudders was the most funny thing he ever read just thought you would like to know that :thumbleft:
STICKMAN

MacGyver
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by MacGyver »

hey iam glad he liked it :D .As tough as this world is we need more things that we can laugh about :toothy7: . I have a lot of people that enjoy the Tater Nutz rudders at the boat ramp or if i am at a redlight stopped they will pull along side laughing or make a comment. I talk about the "aqua therapy" that we enjoy when were on our boats but i also think we need to share all the "Humor Therapy" that we can. Just don't understand why so many want to be haters in life and on "here". WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU GETTING OUT OF BEING SUCH A HATER ANYWAY !!!

:dontknow: :toothy7:

p.s. the tater nutz came from a episode on the show on tv "That 70's Show
MacGyver

Tater Nutz

Return to “Airboat Talk”