What to do now?

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
number1gator
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

What to do now?

Post by number1gator »

Long story short, A couple months ago a person contacted me wanting to buy a small hull Ihad in the back yard, we agreed on a price. it wasnt very much so Igave him my paypal account and he put in a little bit to "hold it". I said that was fine, when you paid it off you can pick it up. So along and along as the weeks went by he would put some in the paypal, i havent removed any of the money in the account from him. twice in the past two weeks he texted me saying sendthe money back ive changed my mind, the first time I told him fine, that was bad business but whatever. then he changed his mind and put a little more in the account and asked for more pics. So again i took pics measurements, all that he asked for and send them to him. Now he is asking for his money back again. My biggest complaint is that i coulda sold this hull at least 6 times by now I've moved it around my yard to keep the grass from dying a guys have stopped by asking what i wanted for it but I've told them its sold...Like I said the price we agreed on was only $150, so it wasnt much. i don't know if this is a kid or a grown up but i really feel like teaching him a lesson and taking the money out and telling him here it is you got like 30days or i will sell it tho the first person that stops by with cash in hand. I don't want to be a dick but right is right. What should I do?

skinny99
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: What to do now?

Post by skinny99 »

2 months? I would refund his money and move on. I think you have been overly fair. If the guy is having this hard of a time coming up
with $150 he prob doesn't need a boat. I am personally a cash on the barrel head kinda guy. Saves any heartache.
Successful people do what others won't or can't!

FinalNotice17
Southern Airboat Member

Post by FinalNotice17 »

Imo, I'd do exactly what you stated.well I'd actually give it a week being that it sounds like you really want it gone by having to keep moving it around your yard so it does'nt kill your grass. Be upfront with the guy and say if not by the end of the week then it's going to the next potential buyer who has cash in hand.How long does this guy expect you to wait? You've already turned down other buyers because of this guy who can't make up his mind...
" Way down south in the everglades where the black water rolls and the sawgrass waves "

number1gator
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by number1gator »

At first from his texts it sounded like a kid, and that is fine. But he musta added me to his contacts list and I get all kinds of wierd links to web sites that really isn't what a kid would be into...Fast cash. no work, make money at home crap. Kinda strange really.

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq »

well u have waited long enough ... I would sell it and then give him back any money he gave you if you think it is a kid ... if you think it is what is supposed to be an adult then do whatever ...
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

GatorTrapperSLC
Southern Airboat Member

Post by GatorTrapperSLC »

Not an expert by any means, but the first thing I thought was this is some kind of scam. Not familiar with the ins and outs of paypal. Is it possible that somebody may be trying to steal info/money?

gblack15
Southern Airboat Member

Post by gblack15 »

Give him the money back and move on. $150.00 isn't worth the aggravation.

gbstrike
Southern Airboat Member

Post by gbstrike »

You need to refund his money and make contact with him and let him know the deal is off. Dont sell the boat until he has his money back. In most states if you have a deposit and sell to someone else YOU are responsible for any money he might lose if he is reselling the merchandise. Not a lawyer but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once. Good luck.
If you're not hurtin, you're not havin fun.

bondsman
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by bondsman »

If he can't come up with 150 bucks he dang sure doesn't need an airboat.
If life looks hairy in front of you! Shave it and put a condom on.

number1gator
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by number1gator »

Thanks for the advice, $150 isn't going to make me or break me and it just isn't worth all the headache. some people are DB's, they just can't help it. If this is a kid I hope somebody teaches him a lesson in how to do business with good people.

JAMES
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by JAMES »

number1gator wrote:Thanks for the advice, $150 isn't going to make me or break me and it just isn't worth all the headache. some people are DB's, they just can't help it. If this is a kid I hope somebody teaches him a lesson in how to do business with good people.
for the lil bit he did give u which wasent even 150 from what u said .. id tell him kiss your azz :lol: i no im just a prick :D
NO I WOULD REFUND HIS MONEY AND GIVE HIM SOME ADVICE ON THE CL CLASSIFIEDS WHERE AND HOW TO USE IT LOOK FOR A CANOE BECAUSE HE DAMN SURE WONT WANT TO BUY A USE WOOD PROP OUT OF SA CLASSIFIED THEIR AS MUCH AS CARBON TO SOME FOLKS :bom: IF HE CANT AFFORD 150.00 HULL :scratch: HES IN TROUBLE ANYWAYS !!
https://m.facebook.com/321ccc/?ref=bookmarks Wp383 268 rotator 3 bld WT/EX 14.4 perdator

yobee
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by yobee »

Most gas tanks hold $150 worth of fuel... Wtf.
Life is great, without it you'd be dead.
Volusia County Sportsmen's Conservation Association Member
http://lakeokeechobeeairboatassociation.org/
Continental powered Performance hull.

bpd315
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

What to do now?

Post by bpd315 »

That is why I am a fan of cash and carry myself. Dont get me wrong, everybody needs help and I am glad to do it, but the limits are defined. Because if you dont have the money, why do you think I do?

I think you've been overly fair. Refund the money and move on. No hard feelings.

If 150 bucks is holding you back in an airboat, you got problems and it aint even at the lake yet.
Red
Fort Meade, Florida.

13' Cottonmouth with a GPU.

dusty burch
Southern Airboat Member

Post by dusty burch »

give the money back and tell him to @@@@ off and do not respond simple as that i think this should teach everybody a lesson

swampdragster
Southern Airboat Member

Post by swampdragster »

give the money back and sell it to someone else............he needs the money,be a nice guy... :thumbleft:
UNLIMITED SWAMPDRAGSTER DRIVER
QUICK SLICK on every dang thing!!!!

Cutler
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Cutler »

If he is a minor he may not legally enter into a binding contract, give him his money back and get cash from the next guy or give it away to save the heartache,jmo

Nozzle Head

Post by Nozzle Head »

swampdragster wrote:give the money back and sell it to someone else............he needs the money,be a nice guy... :thumbleft:

X2,

Plus if he is just at the hull stage think about all the others he is going to do this too. Sounds like a guy that would put a wall hanger on the water again?

Return to “Airboat Talk”