Light headed hat lights

Best airboat discussion on the internet.
Smonk
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Light headed hat lights

Postby Smonk » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:13 am

Just ordered one. How long does it generally take to receive it in the mail. Start hunting this week and forgot to order the light sooner.

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:18 am

Smonk wrote:Just ordered one. How long does it generally take to receive it in the mail. Start hunting this week and forgot to order the light sooner.

I just got your order. Thanks! I will get it in the mail tomorrow and you should have it in 2-3 days. If that is not fast enough send me a PM and we can work something out. You can also give me a call 334-722-1817 if you'd rather.

Ruagatr
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Ruagatr » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:23 am

Got our new LED Lightheaded Ballcap lights this weekend. They are excellent and super lightweight. Don;t draw any amperage and more than enough light to run with. The Q4509 is a lot brighter but it is heavy and much more delicate. Thanks Kenny!

Charles

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:30 am

Ruagatr wrote:Got our new LED Lightheaded Ballcap lights this weekend. They are excellent and super lightweight. Don;t draw any amperage and more than enough light to run with. The Q4509 is a lot brighter but it is heavy and much more delicate. Thanks Kenny!

Charles

Glad you like it Charles. :cheers: It was great to finally meet you and everyone else this weekend at the wounded warriors event. I am getting a lot of positive feedback on the LEDs. Like you said, the sealed beams and standard halogens are much brighter but the LED is not meant to replace them. The LEDs are great for frogging ,gator hunting and bow fishing. And, like you, some may like them for driving. They are also great because they are VERY light weight, clean 3000k color temp. light (Not yellow and not blue), run much cooler than the halogens and don't attract quite as many bugs. Also, contrary to popular belief, gator and frog eyes do glow with these LEDs.

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Whitebear » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:10 pm

I think the question posed about the frog eyes was not "if" they glowed, but what color do they glow?

I checked y'alls web site and don't see the LED ones, have they just not made it to the site or am I in the wrong place for a look?
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

papajack
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby papajack » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:22 pm

I think a great example of just how good the led with dimmer is happened at the Wounded Warrior event. My warrior had never been froggin before and I wanted to test my new led light comparing it to a 50w haligon. I spotted the first frog for my gigger with the hot spot of my 50w. Then he was spotting them with the led on his own and I just drove and let him do his own spotting. He was picking out frogs with no trouble. On the way back to the ramp we compared sight lines and brightness between the two. Just couldnt tell a lot of difference. I want to try the led flounder giggin and mullet nettin this fall. Will report on that later. Kennys lights and service are the best!!! Lets support fellow airboaters.
:cheers: :thumbleft: :usa:

Smonk
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Smonk » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:52 pm

PeaRiverOpossum wrote:
Smonk wrote:Just ordered one. How long does it generally take to receive it in the mail. Start hunting this week and forgot to order the light sooner.

I just got your order. Thanks! I will get it in the mail tomorrow and you should have it in 2-3 days. If that is not fast enough send me a PM and we can work something out. You can also give me a call 334-722-1817 if you'd rather.

that will work great . thanks stephen

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:46 pm

Smonk wrote:
PeaRiverOpossum wrote:

that will work great . thanks stephen

Stephen, Your light DID make it out today. I hope you have it by Wednesday and I hope you like it as well as everyone else does. Thanks for your order!

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:59 pm

Whitebear wrote:I think the question posed about the frog eyes was not "if" they glowed, but what color do they glow?

I checked y'alls web site and don't see the LED ones, have they just not made it to the site or am I in the wrong place for a look?

Scotty,
Honestly, I cannot tell you what color the frogs eyes are with the LEDs! :shock: I have not had a chance to use the LEDs out on the water. I have been spending all of my time in the shop building lights and running the roads to different events. Not to mention the fact that we do not have a boat since the crash ( I will post pics tomorrow). All I know is that they are bright and people are telling me all good things about them. You can find us (lightheaded hat lights) on facebook and there is a pic of the LEDs there. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... nt_count=1
We have not gotten them up on the website yet. We are working on that this week. We have been VERY busy the past few weeks. Our focus and priority has been getting lights out the same day or next after orders are placed.
We are also working on another version with a different LED setup that I am very excited about. We just got them in today. More to come on those.
Thanks
Kenny

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:11 pm

papajack wrote:I think a great example of just how good the led with dimmer is happened at the Wounded Warrior event. My warrior had never been froggin before and I wanted to test my new led light comparing it to a 50w haligon. I spotted the first frog for my gigger with the hot spot of my 50w. Then he was spotting them with the led on his own and I just drove and let him do his own spotting. He was picking out frogs with no trouble. On the way back to the ramp we compared sight lines and brightness between the two. Just couldnt tell a lot of difference. I want to try the led flounder giggin and mullet nettin this fall. Will report on that later. Kennys lights and service are the best!!! Lets support fellow airboaters.
:cheers: :thumbleft: :usa:

Thanks for sharing Papajack! It was great finally getting to meet you! :thumbleft: I'm glad you are happy with the light. Maybe you can share with everyone about the frogs eyes and what color they are with the light.

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Whitebear » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:53 pm

Kenny I see you ran into the exact same problem I did back int he 70s when we were building airboats. Once we started we virtually quit airboating. Was never any time for us, the business owned us.
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:40 pm

Whitebear wrote:Kenny I see you ran into the exact same problem I did back int he 70s when we were building airboats. Once we started we virtually quit airboating. Was never any time for us, the business owned us.

Thats right Scotty. If we did have our boat we would not have time to use it.

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:41 pm

I know this was posted elsewhere but different people are following both threads....Hope its not against the rules.

Alright ladies....You know what they say. A picture is worth 1000 words. Here are some pics of light comparisons we took tonight. I think many will be surprised. Unfortunately, we live on a crowded 1 acre lot so we will do more later. We were getting a lot of glare. The first pic is the standard light weight 100 watt halogen lamp that everyone has been using for a while. The 2nd is our current 10 watt LED that we just released. The third is a prototype that I am very impressed with....

100 WATT HALOGEN

10 WATT LED

PROTOTYPE LED

jamesw245
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby jamesw245 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:05 pm

picked me up another 100w the other day and love it. we have three already. Man wish i knew about the LED how much for them?

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:51 pm

James, the 10 watt LEDs start at $115 with a switch and $160 with a dimmer. They will be available through our website soon.

Smonk
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Smonk » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:02 pm

I just got your order. Thanks! I will get it in the mail tomorrow and you should have it in 2-3 days. If that is not fast enough send me a PM and we can work something out. You can also give me a call 334-722-1817 if you'd rather.[/quote]
that will work great . thanks stephen[/quote]
Stephen, Your light DID make it out today. I hope you have it by Wednesday and I hope you like it as well as everyone else does. Thanks for your order![/quote]
it was sitting at my door when i came home for lunch. thanks peariveropossum. the light looks very well made. cant wait to try it out to night on them big lizards. great customer services.

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:12 pm

Smonk wrote:I just got your order. Thanks! I will get it in the mail tomorrow and you should have it in 2-3 days. If that is not fast enough send me a PM and we can work something out. You can also give me a call 334-722-1817 if you'd rather.

that will work great . thanks stephen[/quote]
Stephen, Your light DID make it out today. I hope you have it by Wednesday and I hope you like it as well as everyone else does. Thanks for your order![/quote]
it was sitting at my door when i came home for lunch. thanks peariveropossum. the light looks very well made. cant wait to try it out to night on them big lizards. great customer services.[/quote]
Awesome Bud :thumbleft: Glad you got it. I had to get my wife to take it to the PO. Luckily she was off that day or it would have gone out the next day. Supposedly, I owe her BIG :dontknow: for getting out on her day off but I'll never repay her for everything I owe her for. Anyway. Im glad it worked out for ya and good luck on the lizards!

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:30 pm

For everyone that has been waiting the LEDs are now on the website. So copy or preferably buy away! :toothy7:

Frog
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Frog » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:03 pm

LED for me! that looks awesome. Nice work!

OLD MAN JONES
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby OLD MAN JONES » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:36 pm

I spoke with Kenny,
we talked lights and out put for a while. He has got his stuff together for sure!
Placed an order for one of those 10W LED's and got it quickly. He does what he says and produces a high quality product. I am looking forward to YEARS of use from this product. :usa: American made and owned :usa:
You got my buisness :thumbleft:
LIVING FOR THE FUTURE OF OUR EVERGLADES..
WWW.MACKSFISHCAMP.COM A traditional cultural Gladesman property.

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:12 pm

OLD MAN JONES wrote:I spoke with Kenny,
we talked lights and out put for a while. He has got his stuff together for sure!
Placed an order for one of those 10W LED's and got it quickly. He does what he says and produces a high quality product. I am looking forward to YEARS of use from this product. :usa: American made and owned :usa:
You got my buisness :thumbleft:

Thanks again for your order OLDMANJONES :thumbleft: . I'm glad to hear that you are happy with the service and quality of our lights. Let us know if we can help you again.

billcoon
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby billcoon » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:41 pm

I had the pleasure of going frog gigging with Kenny Fri night, I have already bought several lights from him for my son and myself, but was really wanting to try out the new LED,s. Man that is the best gigging light I have ever used, bright white light and super,supper lite. Kenny has realy done his home work deveoping these lights, researching the components and taking no short cuts. Well I guess thats 2 more lights to buy but well worth it. I am not a light nut but I do want one in each of 4 boats and 4 wheeler. We had a great night frogging and a steak dinner after. We had a Air Force buddy of Kennys come down from North Missisippee, Anus Moffitt, that had never before even seen an airboat He had a great time, where are the pics Kenny, are they postable?

smokster
Southern Airboat Member

Postby smokster » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:07 pm

i know this is an old post, but are these lights still available

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:14 pm

smokster wrote:i know this is an old post, but are these lights still available

I just got your vm Smokey. I've got bad cell scv today. I'm not building lights anymore. Get with James at simple heritage outdoors. 352 222 0449.

smokster
Southern Airboat Member

Postby smokster » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:24 pm

thanks.

Return to “Airboat Talk”