Light headed hat lights

Best airboat discussion on the internet.
PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Re: Light headed hat lights

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:25 am

Ruagatr wrote:We tried 4 lights side by side tonight and the Q4509 was brightest closely followed bythe h4509. The only concern i had was weight since i am used to the tiny lightweight Ultralite. But this Lightheaded setup is really TOP quality. Heavier wiring, nice dimmer (which adds to weight) and very durable. Thanks for making a great product Kenny.
Charles

Glad you are happy with it Charles :thumbleft:

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:13 am

billcoon wrote:I was fortunate to get one of the first, have used it twice, ordered 2 more yesterday, best light i have ever used.

Bill I will have yours done today. I'll give you a call.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Qwikdiesel
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby Qwikdiesel » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:24 pm

I have a ?. I've been told Critter eye's don't glow using an LED style bulb. Is this true? Snopes couldn't answer if for me :lol:
Rule #1.. There Not Fake If You Can Touch Them!!

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Tony480 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:28 pm

Qwikdiesel wrote:I have a ?. I've been told Critter eye's don't glow using an LED style bulb. Is this true? Snopes couldn't answer if for me :lol:

That's false. :D

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:54 pm

Qwikdiesel wrote:I have a ?. I've been told Critter eye's don't glow using an LED style bulb. Is this true? Snopes couldn't answer if for me :lol:

It depends on the color temperature of the LEDs. Mine definitely do. I tested them on the dogs....but no animals were harmed during the testing of my products. :thumbleft: :lol:

Qwikdiesel
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby Qwikdiesel » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:17 pm

Thank you all. I've always used the ole faithful Aircraft Landing light. It's heavy but the B1tch is bright. On the other hand my pops has the ultra lights and has been through a bunch of them. D@mn thing about caught my hat on fire one night. I'll be looking into one of these new lights soon, especially coming from someone so close to FSU!!
Rule #1.. There Not Fake If You Can Touch Them!!

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Tony480 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:24 pm

Qwikdiesel wrote:Thank you all. I've always used the ole faithful Aircraft Landing light. It's heavy but the B1tch is bright. On the other hand my pops has the ultra lights and has been through a bunch of them. D@mn thing about caught my hat on fire one night. I'll be looking into one of these new lights soon, especially coming from someone so close to FSU!!

You won't be disappointed joey. If I can get up with you I will let you use mine and see. They blow the ultra-light away.

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:28 pm

Qwikdiesel wrote:Thank you all. I've always used the ole faithful Aircraft Landing light. It's heavy but the B1tch is bright. On the other hand my pops has the ultra lights and has been through a bunch of them. D@mn thing about caught my hat on fire one night. I'll be looking into one of these new lights soon, especially coming from someone so close to FSU!!

Qwik just let me know brother. The AC lights are heavier but like I have said...They are more durable. It is a trade off and people prefer both so that is why I carry them both.

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Bruce » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:28 pm

Tony480 wrote:

You won't be disappointed joey. If I can get up with you I will let you use mine and see. They blow the ultra-light away.

i need to try that beast tony is it light like the ultra im tired of buyin bulbs and gettin my damn ear burned all the time
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Tony480 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Just let me know Bruce.

droughtstrikn
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby droughtstrikn » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:53 pm

Just ordered one, sounds like a quality light. Can't wait to try it out.

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:13 pm

droughtstrikn wrote:Just ordered one, sounds like a quality light. Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks Jim! I received your order today and will get it out ASAP.

Gator Bait
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Gator Bait » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:13 pm

pea river i didn't see the Q4509 offerd in the hat style. did i miss it . i like to use the hat style because of the ear muffs i wear. :old_glory: :rebel: Thanks
As I lay Grass in the Glades I pray the slide will go my way, But if the wind takes over instead I Pray the Lord Protect My SLED

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:22 pm

Gator Bait wrote:pea river i didn't see the Q4509 offerd in the hat style. did i miss it . i like to use the hat style because of the ear muffs i wear. :old_glory: :rebel: Thanks

no gatorbait you did not miss it. I do not like the way the glass bulbs feel on the hats. they are just too heavy. I might be able to put you something together but I just did not like it and decided not to offer those.

Gator Bait
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Gator Bait » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Yea your right about that Peariver, the one I'am using now is a H 4509 on a hat. If wasn't for the ear muffs it would fall down on my nose . :old_glory: :rebel:
As I lay Grass in the Glades I pray the slide will go my way, But if the wind takes over instead I Pray the Lord Protect My SLED

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:27 pm

Gator Bait wrote:Yea your right about that Peariver, the one I'am using now is a H 4509 on a hat. If wasn't for the ear muffs it would fall down on my nose . :old_glory: :rebel:

:lol: :mrgreen: AND that is why I will not sell them. They are just not comfortable and I want happy folks 8) You should try the ear plugs that have a headband on them. I got mine from lowes and love em. I can wear my cowboy hat and still have ear plugs. The headband rests behind your head and dont get in the way.
Here is a link to what I am talking about:
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/image ... ZRWK-IDOS9

billcoon
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby billcoon » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:08 pm

Finaly a great light at a reasonable price with a durable bulb, with the helment band you do not know its there!!!!

bbb
Southern Airboat Member

Postby bbb » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:45 am

I've run the Ultralights for about 5 years now. Had good luck with them at first, but lately, the $25 replacement bulbs seem to be OVER sensitive to bumps and stuff.

We run 3 headlights when we frog gig, and almost every trip, I have one that will go out. Bet I've spent $200 in bulbs this year for those lights.

When I first got my AC light from Light Headed, I wasn't real wild about the extra weight. The first night I found myself continuously re-arranging the light, hat on, hat off, hat forward, hat backwards, but there was nothing I could do to make my brain tell my head, it wasn't there.

But after a few trips, the old noggin is getting use to the extra weight, and last night I only found myself adjusting the fit a couple times. Oh, and another one of the Ultralights didn't work last night when I pulled it out of the dry box. Never bumped it on anything either. :banghead: Still can't believe their is not a way to change out the $2 lightbulb, instead of having to purchase it assembled with the bowl for $25.
2005 16' Dixon Twister with 35 Briggs

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:57 am

Glad its working out for you dale.
The deal with the other bulbs is that the bulb is part of the reflector. They are made as one part. I do have them for a little cheaper than others and free shipping but they are still the same fragile bulb. that's one reason we include the padded covers.
I also would like to add that durability (like anything else) depends on the quality and cost (not cost alone)of the bulb. I am NOT buying the cheapest bulb on the market. I am buying a name brand bulb that has a good reputation. I can honestly say that you can tell a difference in longevity. I have tested many different types of bulbs and some of them break with the smallest bump and some take more abuse.
Last edited by PeaRiverOpossum on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scipio
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Scipio » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:45 pm

Searching everything I could on headlights (strong, ultralight, indestructible, not too bulky) I came across LED Lenser. http://www.ledlenser.com/US/
Don't be scared, they are German, but there's a US site as well. I got a H7R, so you can recharge it anytime. It keeps running the whole night, never ran out of juice yet. Lights up crocs & hippos like nothing else. Because there's no cable, I can move around freely and don't have to worry or think about ripping something off. The LEDs don't burn out and never need changing. It's water resistant as well, so never mind a bit of spray, or even rain. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiriLEr2ybs[/youtube]
Open bottle to let wine breathe. If wine doesn't seem to be breathing, give mouth-to-mouth.

Scotty1
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Location: ft white fla and former Naples fla cracker for 48 years

Postby Scotty1 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:48 pm

:rebel: PeaRiverOppussom when do think you might have a picture up of the dimmer in the accessary section :rebel:

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:14 pm

I was going to wait and see if there was any interest in them first. I have not even built a "pretty" one yet to take a picture of. All I have done on those is prototypes. I wasnt sure how many people would want them. However, it will look like the one that is mounted on the welder but the knob will be on the dimmer itself. It will just stick out of the end. Shoot me a PM if you are interested and we will go from there.

droughtstrikn
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby droughtstrikn » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:44 pm

Got my light today, Quality!!!! Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks Peariveropossum

BlkHwk841
Southern Airboat Member

Postby BlkHwk841 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:15 pm

To all hunters, requiring a great light. I just received the lights I bought from pea river. I've had many lights and these are by far the best. I can see a lot of quality work, time and thought went into these. Great job guys.

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:55 am

Glad you guys like the lights :mrgreen: we've been cranking them out lately.

Return to “Airboat Talk”