Official Wounded Warrior Ride in 2a Oct 27!

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Official Wounded Warrior Ride in 2a Oct 27!

Post by Gas4blood »

Had a boss that got a dui on a horse during a parade, my cousin got one on a bike lol

skinnypockets
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by skinnypockets »

Gas4blood wrote:Im sorry but we have to change the name. Heroes was the first that popped up. Once again sorry its the best quickest name we coukd come up with not taken. We are taking military riders thats not changing, just the name.
That's cool! Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do! Whatever the reason, don't let that discourage you in any way. I'm still in 100% and I know everyone else is also.

Stevereid is also stocking up on supplies but it sounds like his will be in liquid form. :occasion5:
I'VE DONE SO MUCH WITH SO LITTLE FOR SO LONG, I CAN DO ANYTHING WITH NOTHING!

13.6 Alumitec, 350 Chevy, Rotator Gearbox and 6 Blade Warp Drive

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood »

I really cant wait this is gonna be awesome

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory »

Who made the decision to change the name of the ride and why?
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

scottymartin
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by scottymartin »

Gerald, I believe there was a conflict with the "Offical, Wounded Warrior" name for raising money and such.
Little Bear 12' Scorpion w / O-360 200hp

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood »

Correct its the wording and name. Originally it was more take out some warriors now its over 100 people, we need to rename it. I dontbwant to offend or step on anyones toes.

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory »

Gas4blood wrote:Correct its the wording and name. Originally it was more take out some warriors now its over 100 people, we need to rename it. I dontbwant to offend or step on anyones toes.
ok

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood »

Yep it is what it is haha we coukd call it soldiers on pink ponies and it woukd still be a badass event!

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory »

How did we ever take a crap without legal paperwork? :( :scratch: :proud: :florida: :rebel:

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood »

When the first thread started I called the corp number for them, told em what we are doin, gave them all kinds of contact info to try and take out their guys. I never got a call or email or even a cussing out. This name change is for thr better in the long run.

woundedwarrior09
Southern Airboat Member

Post by woundedwarrior09 »

Gerald I got in trouble from the fish gigging event for using Wounded Warrior even though I am a Wounded Warrior and part of that organization and was donating money to them as well. Its best we change the name. And Mike if you only have 10 permits how does that effect the rest of the boats? I have a US Flag, Marine Flag, Army Flag, Coast Guard Flag, Wounded Warriors of SF Flag coming I am working on a Air Force Flag and Navy Flag, these flags will have to be taken care of with the utmost care and respect. Gerald no problem with helping put to rest the retired flags you have. I have a family that may need lodging at a camp in order to come out any takers??? Thanks to Mikes Union hat's off to them! Thank you Sportsmans Gold the FSCA appreciates y'all to. Thanks to everyone again for stepping up. I am getting calls everyday and many about this event and they all cannot wait. Gerald I will work on that bounce house, any volunteers to take it to the camp will be appreciated. Thanks.

SGT Ron Hill
:proud: :old_glory: :usa: :florida:
:rolltide:

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory »

woundedwarrior09 wrote:Gerald I got in trouble from the fish gigging event for using Wounded Warrior even though I am a Wounded Warrior and part of that organization and was donating money to them as well. Its best we change the name. And Mike if you only have 10 permits how does that effect the rest of the boats? I have a US Flag, Marine Flag, Army Flag, Coast Guard Flag, Wounded Warriors of SF Flag coming I am working on a Air Force Flag and Navy Flag, these flags will have to be taken care of with the utmost care and respect. Gerald no problem with helping put to rest the retired flags you have. I have a family that may need lodging at a camp in order to come out any takers??? Thanks to Mikes Union hat's off to them! Thank you Sportsmans Gold the FSCA appreciates y'all to. Thanks to everyone again for stepping up. I am getting calls everyday and many about this event and they all cannot wait. Gerald I will work on that bounce house, any volunteers to take it to the camp will be appreciated. Thanks.

SGT Ron Hill
:proud: :old_glory: :usa: :florida:
Ron; Boars Nest offered lodging. Can be arranged through Brett Holcombe if confirmed.

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood »

The 10 special use permits are to travel beyond east-west trail into areas closed off. They would best be suited to boats that are overnighting and froggin or to anyone towing a broke down boat. They could then straight line to a boat ramp from wherever without worry. Ron you shouldve let me take the heat for the name change I got broad shoulders, and dont want to risk your name or reputation. I also cant thank everyone enough still! Maybe next yr I can form a legit charity and all these issues will be easier to resolve, we could also have cash exchange hands then. I just wasnt prepared for this turnout this yr!

scottymartin
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by scottymartin »

:) " Our Service Warriors and Hero's ! " Would cover all the bases, for that name change. :)

It really tells it like it is !!
Little Bear 12' Scorpion w / O-360 200hp

skinnypockets
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by skinnypockets »

woundedwarrior09 and gas4blood, Check your e-mail, PM sent
I'VE DONE SO MUCH WITH SO LITTLE FOR SO LONG, I CAN DO ANYTHING WITH NOTHING!

13.6 Alumitec, 350 Chevy, Rotator Gearbox and 6 Blade Warp Drive

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory »

Gas4blood wrote:The 10 special use permits are to travel beyond east-west trail into areas closed off. They would best be suited to boats that are overnighting and froggin or to anyone towing a broke down boat. They could then straight line to a boat ramp from wherever without worry. Ron you shouldve let me take the heat for the name change I got broad shoulders, and dont want to risk your name or reputation. I also cant thank everyone enough still! Maybe next yr I can form a legit charity and all these issues will be easier to resolve, we could also have cash exchange hands then. I just wasnt prepared for this turnout this yr!
Sometimes a strait up exsplanation will beat the heat. :wink: :old_glory: :florida: :rebel:

SteveReid
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by SteveReid »

newoldglory wrote:
Gas4blood wrote:The 10 special use permits are to travel beyond east-west trail into areas closed off. They would best be suited to boats that are overnighting and froggin or to anyone towing a broke down boat. They could then straight line to a boat ramp from wherever without worry. Ron you shouldve let me take the heat for the name change I got broad shoulders, and dont want to risk your name or reputation. I also cant thank everyone enough still! Maybe next yr I can form a legit charity and all these issues will be easier to resolve, we could also have cash exchange hands then. I just wasnt prepared for this turnout this yr!
Sometimes a strait up exsplanation will beat the heat. :wink: :old_glory: :florida: :rebel:
Gerald its about the money, there is a lot of people making big money off of the National Wounded Warrior program. All you have to do is watch them on TV. It is a lot of good people doing good things, but it has gotten to big for something like this getting in their way without them getting a cut. They are thinking its a fund raising without their Corporation being involved. We can start our own and can call it whatever you want to, but someone better get some legal Advice if any funds are involved.

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood »

We have never asked anyone for $ for that reason. Our friends are giving us the food for lunch. We never asked the public for anything but boats, thats what I have pushed from the start. We are not fundraising just saying thank you to the soldiers.

woundedwarrior09
Southern Airboat Member

Listen y'all no legal advise needed I am a Wounded Warrior Project Alumni all we need to do is just give it another simple name. Gerald your right brother we haven't asked for a penny for this event other than what our airboat community is doing with volunteering their time and boats for this event and to y'all I say thank you!!! Gerald thank you for the lodging info, I will contact the Boars Nest if it is definite they want to stay overnight. Again we are gonna make this an awesome event for all.
:proud: :old_glory: :usa:

PANAMA RED
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by PANAMA RED »

Spoke with Crichton Allen from " TIGER ISLAND OUTFITTERS " today , he would like to donate a certificate for a free Hog Hunt , said this could be raffled at the event . Need to contact him for info. He is located near Cedar Key . Call him at 352-543-0851 , he said he supports the Wounded Warrior's , and looks forward to hearing from the person organizing this great event !!!! :cheers:
PANAMARED

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood »

We have no raffle but thanx more than welcome to ride

sawgrassrunner
Southern Airboat Member

Post by sawgrassrunner »

newoldglory wrote:How did we ever take a crap without legal paperwork? :( :scratch: :proud: :florida: :rebel:
You go that right Gerald !!!!!

woundedwarrior09
Southern Airboat Member

Panama Red there are no raffles however I am the Military Liaison for the wounded Warriors of South Florida, I would be honored to give that hog hunt to a Wounded Warrior. Just let me know. 561-329-0002

PANAMA RED
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by PANAMA RED »

woundedwarrior09 wrote:Panama Red there are no raffles however I am the Military Liaison for the wounded Warriors of South Florida, I would be honored to give that hog hunt to a Wounded Warrior. Just let me know. 561-329-0002

Actually was talking with Crichton today , and he said "give it away", draw numbers , pick straws , whatever :idea:

Never meant for it to be a fund raiser , just make someones day , " A FREE PRIZE " :thumbleft:

Give Crichton a call , at " TIGER ISLAND OUTFITTERS " HE will hook ya up . 352-543-0851
PANAMARED

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood »

Thanx

Return to “Airboat Talk”