HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:38 am

We are taking out soldiers of all kinds to 2a on Oct 27 8am-5pm. Boats are to leave boat ramps at 8am and head to Judges camp for morning check in. Then trail ride til 12 when Old Glory will have lunch. After lunch its a leisure ride with a lot of bsing slowly to the boat ramp just before 5. All airboaters welcome completely free event just to say thank you to our nations HEROES

skinnypockets
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Postby skinnypockets » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:27 pm

:old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory:

EVERYONE is invited to take part in the upcoming airboat ride to show your appreciation to our Armed Forces Men, Women, and Veterans, to take place in Everglades Area 2A on October 27, 2012 starting at 8AM and ending around 5PM. Please share this and pass it along to everyone. Directions and more information will be added as the details are worked out.

This is a free event open to anyone with an airboat. The only thing you are asked to give is your time and the cost of fuel to take one or more of our Heroes for a ride on your airboat. This is not a fundraiser or contest of any kind and is not sponsored by any particular airboat club or organization. It is simply a group of air boaters who want to show our Military Personnel we care by sharing the freedom we have, because they were willing to fight for it.

The idea is to enjoy a simple ride through Area 2A and visit a few camps with a lunch stop at Camp Old Glory where Gerald will be cooking up frog legs and who knows what else. You never know with Gerald but I can guarantee it will be good! I understand there will also be Bar B Q provided. The lunch is being paid for courtesy of Airboats Inc. (Wade Hamant), Sportsmen’s Gold and IBEW Local 728. Our hat’s off to them for their contributions. Drinks will be provided with lunch but I would encourage you to bring snacks and drinks in your cooler for use while riding.

A big “Thank You” also to Rick for this website that will help make this a huge success!

This started as an idea to take a few of our Heroes out for the day but no one anticipated the number of requests being made by our Heroes and Veterans for a chance enjoy the Glades for just one day. We don’t have a final count yet because the requests are still coming in. It’s over one hundred now and they are still calling.

WE NEED YOUR HELP. I cannot imagine telling someone who has fought for our freedom, “ we don’t have room for you”! We cannot have too many boats. If there is more boats than necessary that will be a good thing, it will show them how much we really do care!

Volunteers are also needed to help with things like directing traffic, kitchen help and clean up.

While you’re on S.A., please tell them how many boats you will be bringing. You can contact the organizers putting this together through S.A., or directly by phone.

Organizers; gas4blood (Mike Strock) 561-301-3108
woundedwarrior09 ( Ron Hill) 561-329-0002

Volenteers; newoldglory (Gerald Motes) 561-722-1712
skinnypockets, (Rich Motes) 407-957-1124 or 321-437-3265

With your help we can make this a day they will remember! Thank you for your support

:old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory:
I'VE DONE SO MUCH WITH SO LITTLE FOR SO LONG, I CAN DO ANYTHING WITH NOTHING!

13.6 Alumitec, 350 Chevy, Rotator Gearbox and 6 Blade Warp Drive

skinnypockets
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby skinnypockets » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:57 pm

Just so everyone understands; This is the same ride that was previously posted as "Official Wounded Warriors Ride in 2A Oct, 27!". The name was changed to avoid confusion. This is about free U.S. citizens showing our gratitude to our Armed Forces! Nothing more, Nothing less!

Come join us on Oct. 27

:proud:

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:28 pm

Thanx we really need to start using this thread everyone

maximum
Southern Airboat Member

Postby maximum » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:49 pm

I'll be there

Jake.R
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Jake.R » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:51 pm

Wish i could make it down from GA. Looks like yall are gonna have an awesome ride with a huge turnout!! Wish there were more things like this to honor our wounded veterans!
14x8 Alumitec SS Rigging
383 Stroker CH-4 2.67
81" 3 Blade S

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:59 pm

Thanx guys! This will be awesome, you know that anyone there wants to be there. Thats big!

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:01 pm

Got word we are gonna have some badass step hulls therea. Whoever gets thosevseats is in for a ride!

Comanche-pup
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Comanche-pup » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:59 pm

Skinny pockets you should post your explanation that you posted on here on the southeast Florida sportsman page, I'll bet you'll get volunteers at a minimum if not a member I can post it on there with your permission

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:07 pm

That post is the best explanation ever! I just got an email with all camp locations and boat ramps to print so anyone that doesnt know the area can at least have a general idea.

pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby pipedog » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:07 pm

skinnypockets wrote::old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory:

EVERYONE is invited to take part in the upcoming airboat ride to show your appreciation to our Armed Forces Men, Women, and Veterans, to take place in Everglades Area 2A on October 27, 2012 starting at 8AM and ending around 5PM. Please share this and pass it along to everyone. Directions and more information will be added as the details are worked out.

This is a free event open to anyone with an airboat. The only thing you are asked to give is your time and the cost of fuel to take one or more of our Heroes for a ride on your airboat. This is not a fundraiser or contest of any kind and is not sponsored by any particular airboat club or organization. It is simply a group of air boaters who want to show our Military Personnel we care by sharing the freedom we have, because they were willing to fight for it.

The idea is to enjoy a simple ride through Area 2A and visit a few camps with a lunch stop at Camp Old Glory where Gerald will be cooking up frog legs and who knows what else. You never know with Gerald but I can guarantee it will be good! I understand there will also be Bar B Q provided. The lunch is being paid for courtesy of Airboats Inc. (Wade Hamant), Sportsmen’s Gold and IBEW Local 728. Our hat’s off to them for their contributions. Drinks will be provided with lunch but I would encourage you to bring snacks and drinks in your cooler for use while riding.

A big “Thank You” also to Rick for this website that will help make this a huge success!

This started as an idea to take a few of our Heroes out for the day but no one anticipated the number of requests being made by our Heroes and Veterans for a chance enjoy the Glades for just one day. We don’t have a final count yet because the requests are still coming in. It’s over one hundred now and they are still calling.

WE NEED YOUR HELP. I cannot imagine telling someone who has fought for our freedom, “ we don’t have room for you”! We cannot have too many boats. If there is more boats than necessary that will be a good thing, it will show them how much we really do care!

Volunteers are also needed to help with things like directing traffic, kitchen help and clean up.

While you’re on S.A., please tell them how many boats you will be bringing. You can contact the organizers putting this together through S.A., or directly by phone.

Organizers; gas4blood (Mike Strock) 561-301-3108
woundedwarrior09 ( Ron Hill) 561-329-0002

Volenteers; newoldglory (Gerald Motes) 561-722-1712
skinnypockets, (Rich Motes) 407-957-1124 or 321-437-3265

With your help we can make this a day they will remember! Thank you for your support

Nice post Rich!! LOok forward to seeing you guy's!!!
Palm Beach open hull 13'9" with 6.0 F.I. LS - Ox Box and a 3bld "R"

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:10 pm

We will have people at both boat ramps so its easy access.

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby newoldglory » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:26 pm

Gas4blood wrote:We are taking out soldiers of all kinds to 2a on Oct 27 8am-5pm. Boats are to leave boat ramps at 8am and head to Judges camp for morning check in. Then trail ride til 12 when Old Glory will have lunch. After lunch its a leisure ride with a lot of bsing slowly to the boat ramp just before 5. All airboaters welcome completely free event just to say thank you to our nations HEROES

Mike; I realize that this is a preliminary run down and would like to help with traffiking. I know this area well. This can turn desasterous in a split second. Routing and traffic flow is very important from 3 points. That can "time" incoming lunch stops to regulate the # of boats for lunch at one time. Obviousely I can only take in 15/20 boats at a time. Food for thought. :scratch: :proud: :usa: :florida: :rebel:
I'm planing lunch from 10:00 am thru 3:00 pm.
P/s there are 3 ramps.
Last edited by newoldglory on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

TheElevatorGuy
Southern Airboat Member

Postby TheElevatorGuy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:29 pm

Hey Mike......I'm trying to take my frustration off of the DEBATE between the idiot in the white house and his oponent...........................what about starting a list of people that are coming from out of town that don't know 2A at all and people like myself that are very familiar with the area and the camps and assign groups of boats with a group leader and an itinerary.....this will control things like mayhem at the ramps.....999 people at Geralds camp and the deck collapsing.........PEOPLE GETTING LOST..................and head to head traffic in the one way trails like the one from the 45 down to Two Guys and a Gator (Rays)
That peticular trail is tough on two boats heading towards each other and I'm sure I'm not the only guy on this site with that opinion!!!!!!!!!!
The different groups of boats can stop at different camps for an alloted amount of time and keep moving..............otherwise its going to be like a giant chain of boats and when it comes time to stop its going to be CROWDED............JMO........either way.......I WILL BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheElevatorGuy
Southern Airboat Member

Postby TheElevatorGuy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:31 pm

I think Gerald and I were on the same page at the EXACT same time.......WOW.........scarey!!!!!!!!!!

skinnypockets
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby skinnypockets » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:32 pm

Comanche-pup wrote:Skinny pockets you should post your explanation that you posted on here on the southeast Florida sportsman page, I'll bet you'll get volunteers at a minimum if not a member I can post it on there with your permission

Comanche-pup, Please feel free to copy and post on their page. Like I said in the post, tell everyone! :cheers: :cheers: If needed I can send it to you through a PM. Thank you.

The same goes for anyone else that would like to help. Bring it up at club meetings, gatherings or anywhere airboaters meet and tell all your friends. Post it on their sites, facebook, etc.

We need all the boats we can get!=== I hope it looks like I-4 on Friday evening at quitting time.

:proud: :proud: :proud:

GATORSLAYER82
Southern Airboat Member

Postby GATORSLAYER82 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:06 am

I'll be there friday night skinnypockets we've already discussed the sleepin order confusion or no confusion step hulls /slow boats everybody needs to be on full alert lookin fer flags stop'n and listening etc its not a race its to show these guys a good time!!!!!! mike its Will give me a call please thanks pal
:rebel: :florida:

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:01 am

Yes there are 3 boat ramps but wevare only sending soldiers to 2 sawgrass and lox. Yes the plan is to leave boat ramps at 8 meet at judges camp in the slough(its 6miles from lox 9 from sawgrass) then groups of boats will formed. Im going to print out a map with all camps and boat ramps and hand out at boat ramp. The stephulls are just coming to ride no racing.

scottymartin
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby scottymartin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:43 am

:) :) :) :cheers: It'll be just like a BIG bike ride !!! :cheers: :cheers: :) :) :)

:old_glory: :old_glory: Every body on there "Everglades Harley "" :old_glory: :old_glory:

:thumbleft: :thumbleft: Be slow and Be safe :thumbleft: :thumbleft:

:old_glory:
Little Bear 12' Scorpion w / O-360 200hp

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:06 am

Please be safe! We want everyone to think the best of airboaters. Scotty thanx for getting me in touch with the map maker. Its perfect has all the camps with names clearly written. Its really gonna be a help!

skinnypockets
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby skinnypockets » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:02 am

comanche-pup, Gas4blood and Pipedog, Thank you all for the kind words. I'm just trying to make it clear for everyone.

The key to making this a successful ride is to keep it SIMPLE. That was Mikes' original intention and I believe the bigger it gets, the more important that becomes.

Each group of airboats should be led by someone that is very familiar with the area.

I would also suggest the lead boat have a large American flag mounted higher than the required ten feet, (for the regular AB flag), so it will be visible from a greater distance. There are some trails out there where even a ten foot high flag cannot be seen.

Something I'd really like to see is; at some predetermined time of day, all the boats meet up in one location and have a moment of silence for our Soldiers that "gave it all".

One possible location would be on the west side of OldGlory. There’s a large open marsh there that can be clearly seen from the overlook on top of the camp. This would also provide a great opportunity for photos’.

All food for thought! :old_glory: :old_glory:

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:13 am

I agree with a big meet up. Maybe after you get the lunch plate pull back out into grass for photo at like 2? We can start the ride with a moment of silence first thing lets face it thats why we are there, TO HONOR AND THANK! Im still trying to keep it simple but its getting hard lol Ive put in way more work then I thought. However we have a game plan, maps, food, soldiers, boats, and camps. This will ne great and pretty easy for out of towners and new folk to follow. Ill hit up walmart maybe I can get 5 lead boat flags and pvc pipe

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:31 am

Oh heck ya just got off the phone with a new boat from lox comin out, then I walk into napa start talkin to guy turns out he knows a couple guys comin out! Thats so cool to me! Great job guys getting the word! Awesome to see so many people come together to say THANKS

TheElevatorGuy
Southern Airboat Member

Postby TheElevatorGuy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:46 pm

Soooooo many great ideas....how about right after that moment of silence we try to he an aerial photo from a chopper......hey Scotty aren't you a photographer.....any connections....there is a guy that flys a small chopper on the beach and takes pics of your boat and then mails you an offer to buy photos....he get your address from your FL numbers.....I think it's called boat pics.com or something like that!!!!! JMO

Spikerush01
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Spikerush01 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:49 pm

I'm in with an open seat, I'll be at lox ramp bright and early

Return to “Airboat Talk”