HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 998
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: Jupiter FL

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by Gas4blood » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:47 am

Do you want to give me that $ monday and ill pick up the paper stuff at sams too? Batch we actually do need some help from a non boat owner. The parking area for stub ramp is across the street from stub. We could totally use a truck to shuttle captains and riders across 27

scottymartin
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:32 am

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by scottymartin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:25 am

Alabama ????
Little Bear 12' Scorpion w / O-360 200hp

User avatar
skinnypockets
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 999
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:12 am
Location: St Cloud, Fl

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by skinnypockets » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:56 am

I may be mistaken, but I think the Lox road ramp is in Palm Beach County. Check it out, if it is, PBCSO may be willing to help on that end and we could use volunteers to cover the hwy 27 ramp.
Also BSO, FHP and FWC will all be in the area of Hwy 27 and could help watch the ramp parking lot while on regular patrol.
:rebel: :florida: :old_glory:
I'VE DONE SO MUCH WITH SO LITTLE FOR SO LONG, I CAN DO ANYTHING WITH NOTHING!

13.6 Alumitec, 350 Chevy, Rotator Gearbox and 6 Blade Warp Drive

User avatar
pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III
Posts: 2446
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Loxahatchee Fl

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by pipedog » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:18 am

skinnypockets wrote:I may be mistaken, but I think the Lox road ramp is in Palm Beach County. Check it out, if it is, PBCSO may be willing to help on that end and we could use volunteers to cover the hwy 27 ramp.
Also FHP and FWC will be in the area of Hwy 27 and could help watch the ramp parking lot while on regular patrol.
:rebel: :florida: :old_glory:
Good morning Rich, the canal on the north side of Lox Rd is the Broward-Palm Beach line, so I would say it's Broward. I bet you guy's are gettin a little antsie, I know I am!!
Palm Beach open hull 13'9" with 6.0 F.I. LS - Ox Box and a 3bld "R"

User avatar
skinnypockets
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 999
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:12 am
Location: St Cloud, Fl

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by skinnypockets » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:44 am

pipedog wrote:
skinnypockets wrote:I may be mistaken, but I think the Lox road ramp is in Palm Beach County. Check it out, if it is, PBCSO may be willing to help on that end and we could use volunteers to cover the hwy 27 ramp.
Also FHP and FWC will be in the area of Hwy 27 and could help watch the ramp parking lot while on regular patrol.
:rebel: :florida: :old_glory:
Good morning Rich, the canal on the north side of Lox Rd is the Broward-Palm Beach line, so I would say it's Broward. I bet you guy's are gettin a little antsie, I know I am!!
Good morning Kile, Are you sure about the county line being the canal? I was looking on Google Earth and it shows the co. line to be just south of the ramp. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong!

Six days to go so now is when it will start to get interesting. SteveReid and I will be heading down Thursday to help with last minute prepreations. I know it may get a little hetic but it will get done.

Mike, Ron, Gerald and a lot of other good people are busting their butts to make this happen and I know it will be a great success! Can't wait!
:rebel: :florida: :old_glory:
I'VE DONE SO MUCH WITH SO LITTLE FOR SO LONG, I CAN DO ANYTHING WITH NOTHING!

13.6 Alumitec, 350 Chevy, Rotator Gearbox and 6 Blade Warp Drive

User avatar
newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 1948
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:02 pm
Location: WPB & 2a everglades

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by newoldglory » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:47 am

pipedog wrote:
skinnypockets wrote:I may be mistaken, but I think the Lox road ramp is in Palm Beach County. Check it out, if it is, PBCSO may be willing to help on that end and we could use volunteers to cover the hwy 27 ramp.
Also FHP and FWC will be in the area of Hwy 27 and could help watch the ramp parking lot while on regular patrol.
:rebel: :florida: :old_glory:
Good morning Rich, the canal on the north side of Lox Rd is the Broward-Palm Beach line, so I would say it's Broward. I bet you guy's are gettin a little antsie, I know I am!!
Lox ramp is Palm Beach but they are reluctant to cover it because they have to cross Broward to get there. Therefor it's been up to FWC to patrol that area but it's too much for them. They really have done a lot to help. :thumbleft: Thanks FWC. :salute:

:proud: :old_glory: :usa: :florida: :rebel:
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

User avatar
SwampNinja
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 1137
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:58 am
Location: Davie, FL

HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by SwampNinja » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:13 pm

newoldglory wrote:
Gas4blood wrote:The other boatvramp is still on 27 just north of sawgrass same side of tge road as sawgrass
6 miles north of sawgrass =8 miles north of I595/Alligator Alley.

Got 142 frogs last nite, was short on gas ,otherwise, I beleive I would have gotten 300. They were just comming up when I went in.
Nice.
"It is what it is."

User avatar
newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 1948
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:02 pm
Location: WPB & 2a everglades

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by newoldglory » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:30 pm

Airboaters;;; (AT STUB LANDING)
Please consider launching at the stub canal ramp and parking on the west side of 27 to provide parking for the veterans and families AND the dissabled (look at their tag if in doubt). It is unsafe for them to cross 27 and they have already given enough. :thumbleft:


:old_glory: :florida: :rebel:
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

Batch
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:28 pm
Location: Coral Springs

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by Batch » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:16 pm

Gas4blood wrote:Batch we actually do need some help from a non boat owner. The parking area for stub ramp is across the street from stub. We could totally use a truck to shuttle captains and riders across 27
I am assuming Stub is the ramp about 3.5 miles north of Sawgrass? Just tell me when I need to be there.

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 998
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: Jupiter FL

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by Gas4blood » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:15 pm

Around seven would be great! All boats should be in the water by 8am. On that note boat owners please be there well before 8. Its gonna take some time at the ramps. We will have people to help but it still takes time. We want everyone outta lox by 8 as well so we dont interupt lyle. Thanks again everyone!

User avatar
TheElevatorGuy
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:24 pm
Location: Broward County

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by TheElevatorGuy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:08 pm

Anytime I have seen the cops at Lox Rd ramp it has always been BSO or FWC......I'm getting antsie too!!!!!!

Batch
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:28 pm
Location: Coral Springs

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by Batch » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:30 pm

I will be there. If there is any other way I can help just let me know. Couldn't be a better cause!

User avatar
pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III
Posts: 2446
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Loxahatchee Fl

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by pipedog » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:31 pm

Gas4blood wrote:Around seven would be great! All boats should be in the water by 8am. On that note boat owners please be there well before 8. Its gonna take some time at the ramps. We will have people to help but it still takes time. We want everyone outta lox by 8 as well so we dont interupt lyle. Thanks again everyone!
are all the boats from lox and stub meeting up at some point, are the hero's going to both ramps?? Just wondering and mybe help clear up some confusion :dontknow:
Palm Beach open hull 13'9" with 6.0 F.I. LS - Ox Box and a 3bld "R"

User avatar
pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III
Posts: 2446
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Loxahatchee Fl

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by pipedog » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:48 pm

Batch wrote:I will be there. If there is any other way I can help just let me know. Couldn't be a better cause!
mybe one of us could get you out to one of the camps after the event, to show that we appreciate you volatering your time
Palm Beach open hull 13'9" with 6.0 F.I. LS - Ox Box and a 3bld "R"

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 998
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: Jupiter FL

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by Gas4blood » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:09 pm

I was thinkin the same but cant promise non vets seats until all vets are in the water. Yes there is a meetingvplace. Route is leave boat ramps by 8 am around 9 all participants are to meet at judges camp for a monent of silence. Then in groups north to four moons for a quick pick up of coffee then west to boars nest. From boars nest slowly south east towards ol glory hopefully around 12. Lunch there then a big picture of everyone. Aftervthat check gas adjust from there.

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 998
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: Jupiter FL

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by Gas4blood » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:13 pm

Clear directions will be given on site to camp locations. We will need to put at least 15 minutes between the groups. These trails are tight and you cant see if someones stopped in front of you. Please give lots of room between boats. Take your time this is opposite of a race. There will be pkenty of food and drinks so dont worry about being the first boat.

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 998
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: Jupiter FL

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by Gas4blood » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:14 pm

Batch thanx that really will fill a much needed hole

User avatar
pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III
Posts: 2446
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Loxahatchee Fl

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by pipedog » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:43 pm

All Heroes and there family are top priority!!! I was thinkin after the event if we have any gas left! :lol:
Palm Beach open hull 13'9" with 6.0 F.I. LS - Ox Box and a 3bld "R"

User avatar
pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III
Posts: 2446
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Loxahatchee Fl

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by pipedog » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:46 pm

Gas4blood wrote:Clear directions will be given on site to camp locations. We will need to put at least 15 minutes between the groups. These trails are tight and you cant see if someones stopped in front of you. Please give lots of room between boats. Take your time this is opposite of a race. There will be pkenty of food and drinks so dont worry about being the first boat.
sounds like a good plan :salute:
Palm Beach open hull 13'9" with 6.0 F.I. LS - Ox Box and a 3bld "R"

User avatar
TheElevatorGuy
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:24 pm
Location: Broward County

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by TheElevatorGuy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:09 pm

I just had a thought......nothing for nothing but.....is there going to be any kind of waivers and or releases signed for this with people on other peoples boats......anything could happen......I had a guy step on my cooler to get in the front seat and he stepped on the edge of the cooler and it turned over on him and he fell on the deck.....anything is possible.....I have always been a big fan of CYA

User avatar
Swampthang
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:26 am
Location: West Palm Beach,FL

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by Swampthang » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:14 pm

has anyone talked to lyle at lox road? once everyone parks in the water were down to the one lil boat ramp there...maby see if we can launch at lyles ramps also to help speed unloading....just thinking.....IM ready to go now. :lol:
12'by7'8" Alum Home Built Full Deck, GTSIO 520 GPU Conversion. NOS, Roller rockers, XDI Electronic ignition,72"NGH 2 blade.

User avatar
TheElevatorGuy
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:24 pm
Location: Broward County

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by TheElevatorGuy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:20 pm

Whats up Will.....I wound up repairing that jug I was telling you about.....turned out really good

User avatar
Swampthang
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:26 am
Location: West Palm Beach,FL

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by Swampthang » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:31 pm

TheElevatorGuy wrote:Whats up Will.....I wound up repairing that jug I was telling you about.....turned out really good
good deal,glad ya got her done...
12'by7'8" Alum Home Built Full Deck, GTSIO 520 GPU Conversion. NOS, Roller rockers, XDI Electronic ignition,72"NGH 2 blade.

User avatar
TheElevatorGuy
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:24 pm
Location: Broward County

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by TheElevatorGuy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:45 pm

The jug is done and Im gona put it back on tomorrow night......are you coming down for this ride next weekend? Did u figure out where your staying?

User avatar
Swampthang
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:26 am
Location: West Palm Beach,FL

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by Swampthang » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:00 pm

TheElevatorGuy wrote:I just had a thought......nothing for nothing but.....is there going to be any kind of waivers and or releases signed for this with people on other peoples boats......anything could happen......I had a guy step on my cooler to get in the front seat and he stepped on the edge of the cooler and it turned over on him and he fell on the deck.....anything is possible.....I have always been a big fan of CYA
I hope ya dont let that guy on my boat.. :lol: my buddy wears crocks and slips on my deck everytime its wet... next ill be puttin caution stickers all over my boat....signin wavers??? where does it end....
12'by7'8" Alum Home Built Full Deck, GTSIO 520 GPU Conversion. NOS, Roller rockers, XDI Electronic ignition,72"NGH 2 blade.

Post Reply

Return to “Airboat Talk”