HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
woundedwarrior09
Southern Airboat Member

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Postby woundedwarrior09 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:26 am

Hey y'all gettin alot of calls from the Kissimmee area about me hosting an event in Central Florida. Just a question I'm throwing out there, do any of y'all think you might want to come? I'm gonna try and set it up for the end of February, depending on the weather. I know it's 4 months away, but I def will need planning time. I promised momma I wouldn't schedule any events the rest of this year so I am gonna grant her request lol. I'm gonna try and make a post if I can figure it out, I'm not a computer expert. Gerald thank you for dropping the frog legs and other extras you brought me and my family, you are a true friend and that doesn't come lightly. Everyone if I don't see ya before the next event have a great Thanksgiving and Christmas, keep riding and sliding and please be safe. Thank you again for everything y'all did at the event. See ya

SGT Ron Hill
:usa: :old_glory: :salute: :proud:

This Veterans Day please take time to remember our soldiers who are fighting the fight and those who have before, see a Soldier or a Vet say thank you shake their hand, they are why we can do what we do!!

:rolltide:

woundedwarrior09
Southern Airboat Member

Postby woundedwarrior09 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:26 am

Hey y'all gettin alot of calls from the Kissimmee area about me hosting an event in Central Florida. Just a question I'm throwing out there, do any of y'all think you might want to come? I'm gonna try and set it up for the end of February, depending on the weather. I know it's 4 months away, but I def will need planning time. I promised momma I wouldn't schedule any events the rest of this year so I am gonna grant her request lol. I'm gonna try and make a post if I can figure it out, I'm not a computer expert. Gerald thank you for dropping the frog legs and other extras you brought me and my family, you are a true friend and that doesn't come lightly. Everyone if I don't see ya before the next event have a great Thanksgiving and Christmas, keep riding and sliding and please be safe. Thank you again for everything y'all did at the event. See ya

SGT Ron Hill
:usa: :old_glory: :salute: :proud:

This Veterans Day please take time to remember our soldiers who are fighting the fight and those who have before, see a Soldier or a Vet say thank you shake their hand, they are why we can do what we do!!

skinnypockets
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby skinnypockets » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:51 am

Gas4blood wrote:Lookin at the calander we can do this oct 26 next yr. Should be easy to remeber lol watch someone post thats a long way away haha im tellin ya with a yr to plan.... im not sure about many more people but a better quality event overall. Im still down if we wanna just take out ten guys no event hahahaha

I'll check my calander. Is that on a Saturday? :scratch: ===================================Let me see :roll: ===================================================Yep, I'm available that day, count me in! :cheers:
:rebel: :florida: :old_glory:
I'VE DONE SO MUCH WITH SO LITTLE FOR SO LONG, I CAN DO ANYTHING WITH NOTHING!

13.6 Alumitec, 350 Chevy, Rotator Gearbox and 6 Blade Warp Drive

Batch
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Batch » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:06 pm

A couple of things.

Does anyone have a copy of the map and also the disclaimer that were handed out. I meant to keep a copy and left them in Wayne's boat. i don't have any idea if Wayne even has a screen name on here.

If I had any advice from the experience at the dock, it would be the following:

Have a place for the vets and their families to sign in and sign the disclaimer.

Have a place to print the persons name on the disclaimer and whether it was the person or their guardian signing for them.

It would be nice to have some general safety rules read allowed to the riders. Being a newbie to airboats I would have benefited from this as well.

It was a little awkward breaking up families of 4 or 5 into one seat boats. Maybe explaining the situation in advanced next time and making seating available in groups on a first come first serve basis. I know I sat some families first and then turned around and saw that I should have sat a family that was there earlier.

I don't know how it went at the other ramp or if anyone rode out of Sawgrass. but, it would be a pretty easy thing to discuss the different way people would handle things to make the next run even smoother and also to give some ideas to other groups that may want to do the same thing.

I was also thinking a tender at Old Glory would help alleviate people getting blocked in and boats blowing into one another.

Just thinking out loud and I do realize there may be perfectly good reasons that my ideas are not good ones. But, I'll throw them out there anyways. :D

Be nice to hear how things went at the other ramps with deciding who rode where... And what not.

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:13 pm

In theory the riders were told they might have to break up. Airboats generally seat 3. We woukdve loved to have separate sign ins but that takes more man power. If you noticed at gralds there was a pontoon boat. It was intended for food to be served from it and stay outta the basin at camp. The wind didnt allow for such ease and most were hapy to get a break on solid ground. I got a map and disclaimer if you want. I didnt even think of a line to sign on disclaimer i just put it together.

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby newoldglory » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:26 pm

Mike; congratulations on a job well done. A few bumps but we will pave the way. Batch; good thoughts, you will be most welcome on our future events, we need caring folks like you. I don't think I got you're #. we will rise to the call again.

:thumbleft: :proud: :old_glory: :usa: :florida: :rebel:
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

Batch
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Batch » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:12 pm

Ron,
I think it awesome that you are putting more of these together!

Mike,
You put together a great event. If you could send me a copy of the map that would be great!

I use folding camp tables when we camp. I'll put together a system for each ramp along with banners to guide or service men and women and their families. We don't have anyway of knowing who will actually show. But, we can have both drivers and riders check in as they show up. At Stub it was a little chaotic until someone told me that I was in charge. At which time it got worse. LOL

My family has expressed a desire to help out our veterans and their families as well. so, I could easily supply and man these tables for the next event.

It is doubtful the wind would even be a problem at the next event. But, I'll bet that pontoon boat is more than enough for what I was thinking. If not I have a couple of jon boats.

pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby pipedog » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:34 pm

Hey Batch you did a good job :thumbleft: You lookin for a boat yet??
Palm Beach open hull 13'9" with 6.0 F.I. LS - Ox Box and a 3bld "R"

Batch
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Batch » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:55 pm

I am looking. I would like to learn a little more about the boats. So, if anyone needs gas and beer money and a rider. Let me know.

I am right here in Coral Springs. So last minute notice isn't much of a problem.

TheElevatorGuy
Southern Airboat Member

Postby TheElevatorGuy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:47 pm

I posted my phone number and I live a stones through from you and I have yet to hear from you.....its getting a little late tonight.....tomorrow.....954 815 2164 Jason

Batch
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Batch » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:39 pm

TheElevatorGuy wrote:I posted my phone number and I live a stones through from you and I have yet to hear from you.....its getting a little late tonight.....tomorrow.....954 815 2164 Jason

Jason, Some how I completely missed this.

954-562-8665 Bob

scottymartin
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby scottymartin » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am

:wink: Since we are doing alot of communication by computor. We could comprise a list ahead of time, agreeing to the terms. Then just a sign off sheet. Also, room at the bottom for add-ons. A Master List, number of people, riders, etc.
I believe would help. A Sign-In, coming into the ramp area, down the road, like they do at Devils Garden, not after.
Just a say'n...

:thumbleft: :thumbleft:
Little Bear 12' Scorpion w / O-360 200hp

MarshRider
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby MarshRider » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:22 pm

A sign in sheet for boat captains and a different sheet for riders
would be a good idea. real names AND screen names! and addresses
or some way to get in touch after the event.

I think name tags with both names would be great for us as well
as for the vets and their families.

Mike, you did a great job
and the Old Glory "ground crew" was at peak performance.

Sign me up for the next run --
FAA Corporate Member
TexasAirboatAssociation 099
NebraskaAirboatAssociation Life Member
NEVER GIVE UP!!
http://www.marshridermagazine.com

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:42 pm

Originally there was 2 forms as event got closer time forced me into one. I would like a pre sign up but dont know how.

woundedwarrior09
Southern Airboat Member

Postby woundedwarrior09 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:50 am

Mike everything was awesome but this is how we learn and we will all come together on the next one. Just like my trash fishing tournament I hit some bumps but tell you what this next one in Okeechobee will be off the charts everyone has my word on that!!! Sign up sheets and disclaimers will be no problem, we need more help at the ramps with that, we did try but things just took off like the wind lol. Again for what we had to work with in such a short period of time I really believe everyone had a great time and I can't say thank you enough for all who partcipated. Fellas my sole purpose on this earth besides taking care of my loved ones is to take care of Veterans, Active Duty Soldiers and Wounded Warriors, to make sure they will never be forgotten or trashed, like my Vietnam Brothers were and what a disgrace that was by our American people and Government, I for one will not stand for it to ever happen again!! I don't do these events for self glory or attraction I do it because after 19 years of serving and being told my time is up I can't just turn the light switch off, I will continue to organize events as long as y'all continue to support me and the Warriors. From deep down thank y'all so very much and if there is anything I may ever be able to help y'all with call me, email me, send up smoke signals, I will do the best I can for y'all.
561-329-0002
SGT Ron Hill
:old_glory: :usa: :proud: :salute:

scottymartin
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby scottymartin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:23 am

:old_glory: :salute: :old_glory: :salute:
Thank you !! SGT Ron Hill !!! :old_glory: :salute: :old_glory: :salute:
Little Bear 12' Scorpion w / O-360 200hp

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby newoldglory » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:34 am

SGT Ron Hill, you are an inspiration for Americans. It's sad that so many are leaching from you're efforts.

:salute: :proud: :old_glory: :usa:
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

Return to “Airboat Talk”