HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
DR DOOM
Southern Airboat Member

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by DR DOOM » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:37 pm

Some of us fellows in Labelle are interested in joining in this great event but need some directions as to locations of ramps as we are not familiar with area. Thanks !

TheElevatorGuy
Southern Airboat Member

Post by TheElevatorGuy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:42 pm

Dr Doom.....Call me at 954-815-2164....I will hook u up!!!! Jason

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:44 pm

Certainly! You can google search sawgrass recreation park directly off 27 or you can take 441 south to loxahatchee rd. As far as not knowing the area we will be giving drivers maps and assigning groups to ease the confusion

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:46 pm

It might be a lil outta your way but i think lox rd will be better unloading. We can dump em 6-8 at a time

scottymartin
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by scottymartin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:27 pm

:) Whoa... Mister Michael... come Saturday morning, we won't have that many, empty spots. :(

:thumbleft: Remember, we have to honor the existing camp owners, too... :salute:

:cheers: It'll be a great event, but we can't, hinder existing owners... :thumbleft:

:old_glory: :proud: :old_glory:

We can't, impose, upon the Camp Owners...
Little Bear 12' Scorpion w / O-360 200hp

skinnypockets
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by skinnypockets » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:28 pm

scottymartin wrote::) Whoa... Mister Michael... come Saturday morning, we won't have that many, empty spots. :(

:thumbleft: Remember, we have to honor the existing camp owners, too... :salute:

:cheers: It'll be a great event, but we can't, hinder existing owners... :thumbleft:

I agree it's going to be crowed but I believe the folks coming out to show their support for our Armed Forces are some of the best in the world and will work it out.

Also don't forget many of the camp owners are supporting this event and respect what we're doing for our troops. There will also be folks coming in at Sawgrass and we will probably have some congestion there too. Whatever happens it'll be worth it. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:rebel: :florida: :old_glory:
I'VE DONE SO MUCH WITH SO LITTLE FOR SO LONG, I CAN DO ANYTHING WITH NOTHING!

13.6 Alumitec, 350 Chevy, Rotator Gearbox and 6 Blade Warp Drive

Swampthang
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Swampthang » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:58 pm

I dont know why this always happens,,, the NRAs races are the same day...I cant figure out which event i want to go to... :scratch: :dontknow: :dontknow:
12'by7'8" Alum Home Built Full Deck, GTSIO 520 GPU Conversion. NOS, Roller rockers, XDI Electronic ignition,72"NGH 2 blade.

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:53 am

Swampthang wrote:I dont know why this always happens,,, the NRAs races are the same day...I cant figure out which event i want to go to... :scratch: :dontknow: :dontknow:
That's a really bad post. You will catch hell for that one. Veterans or race? Our veterans gave life, limbs and their future so that you CAN go to races and be free. I personaly would remove the post before everyone see's it. I have a lot more on that subject but I am going to suppress it if I can.
Last edited by newoldglory on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:10 am

DR DOOM wrote:Some of us fellows in Labelle are interested in joining in this great event but need some directions as to locations of ramps as we are not familiar with area. Thanks !
Lox rd will be 40 more miles each way. Makes for a long day. Do u know Kory Collett? Call me if you are interesed in staying the nite, I may be able to help. Gerald 561 722 1712. I live here at Old Glory Camp. My Grandfather was Cam Hiers, just east of Alva, you may have heared of him, he was a pioneer of that area.

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:30 am

scottymartin wrote::) Whoa... Mister Michael... come Saturday morning, we won't have that many, empty spots. :(

Thank you Scotty;
Pro's and con's, we all think from different directions and that's a good thing. Give's us a better panoramic view of the prospectrum. (I thought that up all by myself)
Just in from froging, 1.5 hours of ripping azz. Got enough now to feed a malitia! (it was a short window for frogs but exciting as hell)
I will try to post pics, over 100. Another month and it will be 300 in that time.

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:53 am

Easy choice on the events. Theres races all yr.

SwampNinja
Southern Airboat Member

HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Post by SwampNinja » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:22 am

newoldglory wrote:

Thank you Scotty;
Pro's and con's, we all think from different directions and that's a good thing. Give's us a better panoramic view of the prospectrum. (I thought that up all by myself)
Just in from froging, 1.5 hours of ripping azz. Got enough now to feed a malitia! (it was a short window for frogs but exciting as hell)
I will try to post pics, over 100. Another month and it will be 300 in that time.

You are slaying them. Huh Gerald!
"It is what it is."

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:16 am

:proud: Got up, started coffee, looked outside and the hawk is setting on top of the airboat waiting for me to clean the frogs so that she can help clean up the aftermath. I have to cover the bag so she don't ripe holes in it, she knows when I frog by the croaking.

:cheers: :toothy7: :proud: :old_glory: :usa: :florida: :rebel:

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:19 am

Thats so cool! These people arent ready for the feast weve prepaid lol

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:58 am

Not sure why some officer said 2a was closed its not. I had 3 people tell me saturday a warden told them that. I called fwc and i assure everyone its open and good to go.

Swampthang
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Swampthang » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:47 pm

newoldglory wrote:
Swampthang wrote:I dont know why this always happens,,, the NRAs races are the same day...I cant figure out which event i want to go to... :scratch: :dontknow: :dontknow:
That's a really bad post. You will catch hell for that one. Veterans or race? Our veterans gave life, limbs and their future so that you CAN go to races and be free. I personaly would remove the post before everyone see's it. I have a lot more on that subject but I am going to suppress it if I can.
Sorry Gerald,,I did not mean it that way... im going to be there for shure,just got my boat all back togeather...I was tryin to make a joke but im the only one who got it. :blackeye: ..ya rember me? the last visit to yer camp, i was tellen ya i was gona build a new motor and next time ya see me id bring ya a loaded 220 jug for you to keep at camp..anyway ill see ya out there.....I can have a seat for a warrior if yall need a seat... we can see racing and crap talkin any time. A chance to thank the ones who served,, pricless.....Sorry for the confusion,, :violent1: ,,Dont miss out this is going to be a great day... :florida: :rebel: :proud: :old_glory: :old_glory:
12'by7'8" Alum Home Built Full Deck, GTSIO 520 GPU Conversion. NOS, Roller rockers, XDI Electronic ignition,72"NGH 2 blade.

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:16 pm

Good to hear! Im sure we can fill that seat

TheElevatorGuy
Southern Airboat Member

Post by TheElevatorGuy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:21 pm

Hey swamp thang......I PMed you.....

TheElevatorGuy
Southern Airboat Member

Post by TheElevatorGuy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:48 pm

And to Mr. Skinnypockets......HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!
And yes no candles on the cake....just a lot of rum!!

skinnypockets
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by skinnypockets » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:19 pm

TheElevatorGuy wrote:And to Mr. Skinnypockets......HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!
And yes no candles on the cake....just a lot of rum!!
Thanks ElevatorGuy, Maybe just leave off the candles and cake. If Saturday goes anything like I think it will, by the end of the day I'll be ready for some liquid rum cake! :occasion5: :drunken:

Gonna be a busy day at OldGlory and one to remember!

:rebel: :florida: :old_glory:
I'VE DONE SO MUCH WITH SO LITTLE FOR SO LONG, I CAN DO ANYTHING WITH NOTHING!

13.6 Alumitec, 350 Chevy, Rotator Gearbox and 6 Blade Warp Drive

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:44 pm

Oh its gonna be wild

Impala
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Impala » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:51 pm

Hey Gerald, Korey Collette is my son do you need to get hold of him?? message me
The real act of discovery is not in new lands, but through seeing with new eye's!
14-6 X 8 Marty Bray, Pop Dees, 472 Caddy 78X32 FAP
Member FAA
www.kencollette.com
https://www.facebook.com/ken.collette.5
https://www.facebook.com/captkencollette

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:07 pm

No, he visits me often. I look foreward to meeting you.

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:12 pm

Met up with scotty martin this afternoon. Great guy thats really helped out. Thanx man

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: Frogs are too exspensive

Post by newoldglory » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Well,that did'nt work. I tried to add pics to my post and it said the file was invalid,then I lost my whole post. Now I have to start over and try to remember what lie I printed just in case it comes up somewhere else.
Every time I go froging it costs me $100 or more. This morning I dressed out 11.5 pounds of legs, therefor I figure It cost me over $12 per pound for exspences alone! Froging is like boating, if it was'nt for the sport we would'nt do it!!! I just went to town and got 60 gallons of fuel and an alternator for my big boat, beer, and barely had enough money left for milk. Maybe I should take up joging!! :roll: :lol: :lol: :scratch: :proud: :old_glory: :usa: :florida: :rebel:

Return to “Airboat Talk”