HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
bwright
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Re: HEROES 2A TRAIL RIDE OCT 27

Postby bwright » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:02 am

:wink: Looking at it from the outside as a volunteer I thought the event went off great all involved did one hell of a job. If the wind would've died down I would say it was an awesome day and because everyone made it back safe and sound it was still one awesome event and I'm proud to have took part in it.

Thanks to everyone who burned gas and gave labor, and cash for making a difference in a Hero life the Ride in Area 2A for the Wounded Warriors was top shelf the lunch at Old Glory camp was outstanding thanks to all and see you at the next one. :salute:
Palm Beach open hull, full grass rake, conduit rigging, up stack I0540, swinging A Q series 72', single rudder / old school

"You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life"

Winston Churchill.

mcky626
Southern Airboat Member

Postby mcky626 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:53 am

Thanks bwright. Coming from someone that puts on events all year long, it's a great compliment coming from you.

Batch, the girl helping with the boats was me. Thank you for taking notice and I truly cannot thank all the boat captains enough. At one point I looked up and there were 11 boats coming in the basin at once. You all did an amazing job helping me get everyone off the boats safely and keeping the rudders on the boats. At one point I was calling it bumper airboats, but I don't think it could have gone any better.

And to answer the question of who I am - I'm Geralds daughter. Enough said. :wink:

I am so proud of and thankful to all the people that came, volunteer or warrior. And I am totally in love with my amazing father. He was the calm within the storm and never ceases to amaze me.

Let's do it again some time. :old_glory:

By the way, if anyone would like a cd of the pictures that we took from the camp, send me an email with your address and I will mail one out. We managed to get about 140 pictures. deppenc@yahoo.com

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:37 am

As prepared as i thought i was this thing put me in my place! Thanx everyone for helping. I am totally game to do it again next october. Gerald ron you game? Lol

skinnypockets
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby skinnypockets » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:30 am

Batch, Thank you so much for pitching in and volunteering to help out at the ramp and thanks for posting the video. Every job is important when it comes to making a successful event.

I really wish I could have been there but circumstances at home had to take priority. My Mother in Law suffered a stroke last Sunday and I spent the week preparing our spare bedroom to bring her home. We brought her home last night and thankfully she is recovering.

The video was great. It wasn’t quite like being there but I did get to see some of the folks enjoying the day everyone worked so hard to put together. From what I see and hear, it was an overwhelming success. Congratulations to all involved, I have heard nothing but good reports about it.

We want to especially thank our Armed Forces for coming out, without you this would not have been possible.

Especially, we would like to say thank you to all our Service Men, Women, and their families, that made the ultimate sacrifice. May we always remember them and what they gave, for us.

There is thousands of our Military Personal that we owe our freedom to and thousands of airboats around this great country, wouldn’t it be wonderful to offer every one of them the opportunity to simply spend a day doing what we sometimes take for granted?

I look forward to this becoming a regular event all across our state and country. And don’t wait for a special event, if you meet someone that has served or is serving in our Armed Forces, say thank you and invite them to ride with you the next time you go out!

:rebel: :florida: :old_glory:
I'VE DONE SO MUCH WITH SO LITTLE FOR SO LONG, I CAN DO ANYTHING WITH NOTHING!

13.6 Alumitec, 350 Chevy, Rotator Gearbox and 6 Blade Warp Drive

MarshRider
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby MarshRider » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:31 am

It was a fantastic day and Cindy, you're correct, your dad was awesome and you're
a pretty amazing lady and his perfect right hand gal. SkinnyPockets we missed you.
Please know you and your family are in my/our prayers.

Your post is so eloquent. And yes, we should all thank any military person we see because
their service is a sacrifice and keeps us free.

It was great to see some of the other camp owners come participate and open their camps to the
warriors.

Ron Hill did a super job as did the Burnsed sisters (making all those sandwiches); Pipedog and Ms. pipedog(the frog legs lady)
Gas4Blood who started the project; swampthang who took pictures; and others I know I have left off this list.

It was an honor to meet the warriors and their families as well as so many S.A. folks.
I"m sure each of us came away with our own special moments that we will remember forever, I know I did.

Bonnie
FAA Corporate Member
TexasAirboatAssociation 099
NebraskaAirboatAssociation Life Member
NEVER GIVE UP!!
http://www.marshridermagazine.com

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby newoldglory » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:11 pm

I just spent 45 minuits writing a posting of appreciation only to have this peice of schlit cancel me and say that i need to re sign in. The last time this happened it cost me a new computer. I am so mad rite now that I would gladely pull the hair from the as of a wet tiger and laugh about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

cuban cracker
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby cuban cracker » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:07 pm

When that happens hit the back button on ur browser it should take u back to all ur writing. Has happened to me as well and have been able to retrieve it every time.
I took the RED PILL and am staying in wonderland to see how deep the rabbit hole goes!

And boy is it deep!

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby newoldglory » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:48 am

cuban cracker wrote:When that happens hit the back button on ur browser it should take u back to all ur writing. Has happened to me as well and have been able to retrieve it every time.

That's the first thing I do but it never recovers.

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

overkill17
Southern Airboat Member

Postby overkill17 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:20 am

So who is going to post some pics up ?
Don't Follow Me You won't Make it !

Scotty1
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Location: ft white fla and former Naples fla cracker for 48 years

Postby Scotty1 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:31 pm

:rebel: I read yall were short 30 boats I Hope there was enough for everyone to ride ,and it sounds like it was a success . I would like to say thanks to all, I live north of gainsville and wish i could have made it, but thats along way down there . My hats off to all , How was the water is it going down any maybe fwc will open it up soon :rebel:

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:59 pm

The seating worked out great. Becuase of the weather about a third of the riders didnt show and a third of the boats didnt show. Equaled out haha it was a good time

Scotty1
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Location: ft white fla and former Naples fla cracker for 48 years

Postby Scotty1 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:19 pm

:rebel: GAS4BLOOD sorry to hear you were broke down most of the time,i know that was not the way you wanted it to be ,not after all the planning and hard work. the video sure look like the wind was blowing hard great job anyway. :rebel:

OLD MAN JONES
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby OLD MAN JONES » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:02 pm

Here are a few of the pics I managed to get, sure was a great day. Many memories, new friends, awesome sky's and good times for all were had. Many thanks to all who were there for our troops.
Many thanks for our troops tireless efforts to protect this country. :salute: :old_glory: :salute:
Attachments
Wounded Warrior_AutoCollage_7_Images.jpg
Wounded Warrior_AutoCollage_7_Images.jpg (158.75 KiB) Viewed 1588 times
Lunch Rush at Old Glory.jpg
Lunch Rush at Old Glory.jpg (233.29 KiB) Viewed 1597 times
LIVING FOR THE FUTURE OF OUR EVERGLADES..
WWW.MACKSFISHCAMP.COM A traditional cultural Gladesman property.

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:37 pm

It happens lol

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby newoldglory » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:46 pm

Old Man;
Awsome pics, I see you taged me first but I DID notice that you took up half of the next pic!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol
:Thank you for showing, It's like voting, if you had not come we would have been short on seats. I too had to leave camp to ride the last of the vets.

:proud: :old_glory: :usa: :florida: :rebel:

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby newoldglory » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:39 am

I am proud to have the company of the best people that America has to offer, the veterans that gave their livelyhood, limbs, mental health and even the ultimate gift ,their lives.
AND the airboat owner/operators that spent a lot of money, time and effort for this event.
AND all the volunteers and doners that gave generousely for our veterans.
Honorable mention to the Broward County Airboat and Halftrack Club for their recent Wounded Warrior Ride in 2a.
Hero's ride 2a Oct 27 was a pilot event to honor our veterans.
The event went exstremely well thanks to the turnout of veterans and the professional conduct of the boat captains and all coordinators and help.
Pictures and videos will be recorded on disc and sent to all our veterans that attended and volunteers/donators.
Outside a few breakdowns and some chipped paint (because of the wind mostly), I did hear that one boat was swamped at the ramp.
No injuries were reported throughout the event.
Many thanks to our law inforcement for their partisipation.
The Sherriff department helicopter flew over to take pictures (for security reasons of course) and show their support.
The FWC was on hand to observe, show support and even help deliver supplies from a dissabled boat at one point.
The Broward Co. Fire Rescue was on standby in the event of an accident or injury.
How could we ask for anything more?

:thumbleft: :cheers: :proud: :old_glory: :florida: :rebel:

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:15 am

Hey gerald thank you. Without you it never would have been what it was!

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:19 am

Oh ya i gotta thank terry speck too! He delivered the cooks and a fan belt for me. I dont think hes on here but thanx lol

mcky626
Southern Airboat Member

Postby mcky626 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:37 pm

I have over 140 pictures that I am trying to get everyone access to. As soon I have something up I will let you know. I also have them on cd - if you would like one mailed to you, just send me a PM with your mailing address and I will get it sent out.

woundedwarrior09
Southern Airboat Member

Postby woundedwarrior09 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:43 am

Hey y'all to everyone out there that came out and made this a huge success even with the weather a little windy, I say thank you from the bottom of my heart as a Wounded Warrior. Every Soldier, Vet, Wounded Warrior, I talked to in the last few days said they wished the day could of been longer and that rthey all had an awesome time. Gerald you are a helluva Patriotic Man and thank you for hosting me and my boy Lane at your place after the event, my boy had an awesome time, as well thank you for letting me drive your boat back to Lox ramp. mike again buddy you did a great job, I know you had some problems but the work you did caused the evnt to go on and be a success. Okeechobee Airboat Association thank you for cooking the pork it was great and again thanks for partnering with me on an event. Marsh Rider Magazine thanks for coming out and discussing legislation with us and taking great pics can't wait for the magazine to come out. geralds daughter thank you for taking all the pics as well and Steve Reid. Scotty thank you for all the sign and all the extra stuff too bud. It was great to meet some of the names that I see on SA and finally put a face with the name. Pipe Dog, Batch and Corey thanks for the hospitality. To every boater that showed up I can't say thank you enough to take time out of y'alls schedules and the money y'all put into fuel and maintenance for your boats to come out and ride Wounded Warriors, Soldier and Vet's around and never ever ask for anything in return " I say Hooah"!!! Also it was an honor to have an 86 year old WWII Vet attend our ride what an awesome time he had and I really appreciate him paving the way for what we all have today. I am looking forward to putting some more events together after the first of the year, but momma said I am her's for the rest of this year and she has been patient with me this year so I owe it to her. Also Gerald thanks for showing my boy how to clean frogs he went to school Monday and told everyone what he got to do at the event and he told his teacher I got to clean frogs and she what did you do he replies I got to pull thier britches off :lol: Again everyone thank you and I so look forward to getting to know y'all better and hopefully one day I can get my own boat and come out and ride and slide with y'all. If I left anyone out I'm sorry but thank y'all much.

Geralds daughter my address is:

SGT Ron Hill
224 Malibu Circle
Greenacres, Fl. 33413

:proud: :old_glory: :usa:
:rolltide:

scottymartin
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby scottymartin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:22 pm

:salute: :salute: :proud: :proud:
Thanks, Ron ! You are always welcome to come visit and bring the family. It was my pleasure,
to help honor you and fellow warriors !! :salute: :salute:

:old_glory: :old_glory:
:old_glory:
Little Bear 12' Scorpion w / O-360 200hp

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:14 pm

So i returned the left over funds to the hall this week. The guy there said "the hell is this" apparently he wasnt expecting change and seemed kinda offended i didnt go all out. So guaranteed next yr will be even better! I just cant stop thinkin about what a day this was

pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby pipedog » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:24 pm

Gas4blood wrote:So i returned the left over funds to the hall this week. The guy there said "the hell is this" apparently he wasnt expecting change and seemed kinda offended i didnt go all out. So guaranteed next yr will be even better! I just cant stop thinkin about what a day this was

I'm with ya Mike It was a GREAT event and a hell of a lot of work you guy's did to get it of the ground and on the WATER!!!
Palm Beach open hull 13'9" with 6.0 F.I. LS - Ox Box and a 3bld "R"

SteveReid
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Postby SteveReid » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:57 pm

Your all GREAT AMERICANS!! thanks to all. Ron Hill, thank you for what you do, if I can do anything for you, just ask. i realy enjoyed being with and meeting all of you. Next event I'm buying tags and putting names with SA Id's on everyone so we will know who we are talking to.SA Airboaters are the best. So glad I met Skinnypockets and Gerald when I asked for help in buying my boat. i knew nothing about them, except come hell and skinny water i was going to buy one, I would do very little different in chosing my boat. Anytime we can get togather just let me know, All I have to do is kiss Brutis goodby "thats my dog".

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:09 pm

Lookin at the calander we can do this oct 26 next yr. Should be easy to remeber lol watch someone post thats a long way away haha im tellin ya with a yr to plan.... im not sure about many more people but a better quality event overall. Im still down if we wanna just take out ten guys no event hahahaha

Return to “Airboat Talk”