Citrus Airboat Alliance - Hot Dog Island

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
JB550
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: Citrus Airboat Alliance - Hot Dog Island

Post by JB550 »

junglecat wrote:Everything is portable and can be removed . Its all about a little comfort for the ladies and kids. We just weathered a storm a couple weeks back at the shelter in Potts , its nice to not get soaked. No one is trying to speak for anyone else , we will be glad to let you do that for yourself . This Saturday at Armante's is Octoberfest and the CCAA is meeting there. The owner is a member, and we would like to invite everyone that runs Citrus County,the Tsala Apopka chain and the River to join us. You may have an issue or idea that the alliance has not heard , please come voice it.

WARNING: You may like us and want to join. The larger our numbers are the more likely all our voices will be heard .

P.S. I was raised in Bushnell.
Well said junglecat.

junglecat
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by junglecat »

JB550 , BOAT IS LOOKING GREAT!!!!!!
Jungle Cat2 2012 Panther Thunder 14'x7'9"/ LiL John Rigging
Larry Smith built 427 SBC
2.68 Ox Box
82" 3 blade R
Citrus County Airboat Alliance Member

bushnellboy
Southern Airboat Member

Post by bushnellboy »

yeah me too, wish i could make it,but i'llbe puttin some deer in the dirt up in perry. just usually when you creat a attraction, you know somebodies gonna f $%##@$% everything up, we've all known forever everytime you pull your boat up you run a risk, but don't ever let them soma bitches tell you your tresspassing, because its all public land and water and it belongs to us, swiftmud has a god complex , but you know me and you pay thier freakin pay checks. do as you may, i guess as long as its portable, it won't take long to take it back down when they tell you to, and they will.

junglecat
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by junglecat »

Bushnell , wish you could make it. You are right public tax money pays for the land , but its use is at their say. Years ago a bunch of us got tickets on the River , where you enter Flying Eagle (it was off limits then), because we were on dry ground there. The officer stated he had heard boats in the Eagle , we replied not us . We were ticketed for being right where we were. Took it to court and lost.
A lot has been accomplished since then , and the CCAA has a pretty good relationship with SWFTMD now. Ain't politics funny. The lastest was the OK to rebuild the slides at Turner Camp and Wysong Dam. The screws were ripping everybodys boat and polymer. CCAA pays for material and SWFTMD provides labor. Everyone was happy with that.
2.68 Ox Box
82" 3 blade R

One Eyed Gator
Southern Airboat Member

Post by One Eyed Gator »

Junglecat that was well put. I for one have been involve with the state in an effort to gain access to land for cyclist,hikers and equestrians "The Florida Greeway". We too had to form an entity to be heard as the state level. We also encounter many who were out spoken about certain issues. The entity can not make everyone happy. It is difficlut at best and take a great deal of patience to work with the state on any level. With that said I applaude the CCAA efforts for access and am very happy to be able to ride potts and the eagle. I do believe that if a structure/ storm type shelter is to be erected it should be done in a way that blends with the natural surroundings. Unfortunately that last part of that statement add dollars to the project.

It is great to have the shelter at Potts I have waited out quit a few storms there.

just my 2 cents worth.

Mike

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown »

while your at it see if you can get back the ocala national forest for riding 4 wheelers.
that we lost many years ago.
its your's and mine and everybody's tax dollars that make a national forest to start with.
WE ARE LOOSING OUR RIGHT'S AT AN ALARMING RATE RIGHT NOW.
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

junglecat
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by junglecat »

Thanks Gator, heard they are trying to form a airboat club in Marion county now. You may want to check into that . If not we have members from all over and would welcome you to join us. This Saturday at Armante's on SR200 @ 12 noon.
2.68 Ox Box
82" 3 blade R

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown »

junglecat wrote:Thanks Gator, heard they are trying to form a airboat club in Marion county now. You may want to check into that . If not we have members from all over and would welcome you to join us. This Saturday at Armante's on SR200 @ 12 noon.
COMMING FROM OCALA IS IT BEFORE i75 OR AFTER??
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

junglecat
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by junglecat »

Scrambletown , I know what you mean. What good is the outdoors if you are denied access to it. My grandsons may never own an airboat, but by God , I want them to have a right and place to ride where their PaPaw did. My dad worked 42 years for the Forestry Dept of Fl. , he believed the forest was to be used by everyone but not abused by anyone. Our newest member of the county commissioners is an airboater himself. Our state senator is an airboater. Its a long hard fight, that everyone needs to be involved in , but the rewards are worth it. I'm so gald that members of the CCAA continued the fight we started so many years ago. Everyone benefits from it, even if you are just visiting our area for a ride.

Armantes is near Hernando on the lake . You can get there by airboat by launching at the Hernando ramp.
2.68 Ox Box
82" 3 blade R

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown »

junglecat wrote:Scrambletown , I know what you mean. What good is the outdoors if you are denied access to it. My grandsons may never own an airboat, but by God , I want them to have a right and place to ride where their PaPaw did. My dad worked 42 years for the Forestry Dept of Fl. , he believed the forest was to be used by everyone but not abused by anyone. Our newest member of the county commissioners is an airboater himself. Our state senator is an airboater. Its a long hard fight, that everyone needs to be involved in , but the rewards are worth it. I'm so gald that members of the CCAA continued the fight we started so many years ago. Everyone benefits from it, even if you are just visiting our area for a ride.

Armantes is near Hernando on the lake . You can get there by airboat by launching at the Hernando ramp.
THATS WHY I DIDN'T RECONIZE THE NAME ITS FURTHER DOWN!
YOUR ABSOLUTLEY RIGHT RIDING THROU THE NATIONAL FOREST WAS A SATURDAY EVENT WITH MY KIDS ON THE WEEK END.
NOW I HAVE A GRANDDAUGHTER THAT WILL NEVER SEE THE PLACES MY WIFE AND I HAVE GONE TOO BECAUSE OF THE BETTER IDEAS THE FORESTRY HAVE.
ITS PUBLIC PROPERTY THAT WE CAN'T USE.
RIDICULOUS..........WE HAVE NO RIGHTS ANYMORE........
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

One Eyed Gator
Southern Airboat Member

Post by One Eyed Gator »

Scramble, I agree about our rights lose a little every day it seems. Also use to ride the forest. Got family that live just past the hog valley.

Took 4 years and a few body parts to legally gain access to the greenway property.

Armantes is almost to Hernando takes me almost an hour pulling the boat from the shores in ocala. It is a great place to ride.

450HPFullHouse
Southern Airboat Member

Post by 450HPFullHouse »

We would love to have everyone there Saturday. Should be a nice day out and will be a good time at Octoberfest. All we were trying to do is fill a need and want that many, many people from that area have been asking for years.
Alumitec 14'x8', Whites Racing 383 stroker, 2.38-1 stinger, 3 Blade Sensenich R, SS rigging.
Citrus County Airboat Alliance Vice President

junglecat
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by junglecat »

I hope when the bathroom fixtures are picked out there's not this much controversy. LOL We had better stick with white, a color everyone can like.
2.68 Ox Box
82" 3 blade R

lorick
Southern Airboat Member

Post by lorick »

prints or pastel HMM?

highlife57
Southern Airboat Member

Post by highlife57 »

How about camo colors?

junglecat
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by junglecat »

There is not going to be a bathroom for now. There will be a shelter and 2 grills. SWFTMD call, I'm thinking it has more to do with the elevation of Hotdog versus the elevation of The Swiming Hole in Potts. Theres not enough elevation of Hotdog to allow for a septic tank and field. Still, many Thanks out to SWFTMD for allowing us to legally park there and have shelter from storms.
2.68 Ox Box
82" 3 blade R

Brown water
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Brown water »

Hot dog is not the best place for a picnic area. The old barn site would be existing well septic electric three times ten times the parking further from private homes and can be accessed and monitored year round by vehicle no matter what the water level. It's about a quarter mile east of hot dog.

alligatorplace
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Citrus Airboat Alliance - Hot Dog Island

Post by alligatorplace »

Damn proud of ya Dave!!! Welcome to SA!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

junglecat
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by junglecat »

Brownwater , I would agree , I'll pass it along to the board and maybe it could be an alternate location. Right now, SWFTMD has everything on hold because of water level. SWFTMD makes the final decision and selects the location , but I could see the advantage of pre existing septic and structures. Like everything else to do with polictics , maybe it wasn't offered because it's to good of a site.
2.68 Ox Box
82" 3 blade R

JB550
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by JB550 »

Brown water wrote:Hot dog is not the best place for a picnic area. The old barn site would be existing well septic electric three times ten times the parking further from private homes and can be accessed and monitored year round by vehicle no matter what the water level. It's about a quarter mile east of hot dog.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Return to “Airboat Talk”