Veterans Airboat Ride Feb 2013

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
woundedwarrior09
Southern Airboat Member

Post by woundedwarrior09 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:00 am

I have been gettin alot of calls from the Central Florida Airboat Communtiy about me hosting an event for Soldiers, Veterans, Wounded Warriors, and family members up in the Kissimmee area. I know it's 4 months away, but there is alot of planning in this kind of event. I am just throwing this question out there, is there maybe any takers in this idea that may want to partcipate in this if I start planning and scheduling. I will not start until after the holidays I have promised momma time with the family, I have already hosted one event with my organizationthe Florida Sportsmen's Conservation Association and helped a buddy with one just a week ago, so I am beat. I am up to doing this and I know I can get the Soldiers.

Thanks SGT Ron Hill US Army Wounded warrior

Military Liaisons for:
Florida Sportsmen's Conservation Association
Wounded Warriors of South Florida
Marsh Rider Magazine
561-329-0002
woundedwarrior09@gmail.com

:proud: :usa: :salute: :old_glory:

:rolltide:

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Veterans Airboat Ride Feb 2013

Post by Gas4blood » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:38 am

Ill hual my barge up to help out in any way! You just tell me when!

nomad41
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by nomad41 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:49 am

I would be in for it on Lake Kissimmee
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nomad41/
Treasurer FAA
Member:FAA, KRVSA ,IRCAA, FSCA

My old boat 14.5x8 Diamondback ,SBC Stroker,2.68 Stinger,Sensenich 82" R
Svcliche@yahoo.com

skinnypockets
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by skinnypockets » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:25 am

I'm in! Call me when you get ready to put it together. I'm sure there will be lots of good folks around here ready to ride for a good cause. February may be a little cool for some wussies, but there shouldn't be any problem with rain.

Another thing, we need to come up with a good name for this kind of event because I'm hoping we will be seeing more of this. I'm thinking something like; "Armed Forces Appreciation Day" or "Military Appreciation Ride". If anyone has any thoughts, feel free to offer up your ideas.

:rebel: :florida: :old_glory:
I'VE DONE SO MUCH WITH SO LITTLE FOR SO LONG, I CAN DO ANYTHING WITH NOTHING!

13.6 Alumitec, 350 Chevy, Rotator Gearbox and 6 Blade Warp Drive

Comanche-pup
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Comanche-pup » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:49 am

How about warriors on the water??

cowtown
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by cowtown » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:02 am

just an extra idea , maybe you could get some of the hot rod guys to come over as well and have a little TNT for the warriors, it would add an event to your program . just a thought
http://usfth.tripod.com

And Proud Of It !!!

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:08 am

Watch out calling it warrior anything lol im not familiar with the area or people but ill help any way i can.

cowtown
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by cowtown » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:18 am

THE RIDE FOR PRIDE !!

And Proud Of It !!!

HeloMech
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HeloMech » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:00 pm

If I am in FL at the time I'd be interested and would participate also.
14' Triple-W Aluminum Hull / Lycoming O-540 / 72" Whirlwind / Soaper System / Solid Grass Rake
"InstaGator"
America's Advocates
United States Marine

"All evil needs to prevail, is for good men to sit and do nothing"

doubledown0540
Southern Airboat Member

Post by doubledown0540 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:53 pm

i will ride, dont knoe the area but anything that will show the guys we are thankful for their service. just need to know when so i can make sure im off of work
13ft Rivermaster with poly
sv 540 with mid compression pistons
72 in water walker signature series
rigged for me and the wife
Completely built by me.

CarMotorBarge
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by CarMotorBarge » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:10 pm

I will definitely support. Also would you be interested in having another event at Loughmanns or Lone Cabbage? I am sure the airboat clubs on the St. Johns would support. Thanks.
14x7.5 Al David hull with 14 inch transom
419 CI Horsepower Barn LS3 with 2.88 Ox Box swinging 4 blade 83.5" R
GTO Rigging and B&S Tilt Trailer

woundedwarrior09
Southern Airboat Member

Post by woundedwarrior09 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:26 am

Thanks to everyone for posting replies so far. Here's the name it's going to be "Warriors on the Water". That name Warriors is ok I won't have any problems with the Wounded Warrior Project about using that name. Like I said y'all end of February just a tentative date. I'm not worried about the soldiers being cold just maybe thier family members. I need anybody up in the Central Florida area that has a union or a company that may want to sponsor or donate a few bucks to help with lunch and other things we may need please talk to them so we can have them ready when we need them. January first let's all talk about the date we want so that way I can start making phone calls to all the bases out there plus VFW's and Legions. Anyone up there know anyone who may have a portable BBQ pit that would ccok for us, also I need geographical locations for this, must have plenty of parking for the trucks and trailers and the participants. Also I need to know if I need to get a few porta a potties there as well. Guys it's been years ago since I lived in Kissimmee I was raised there but the Army stole me away so I still know some people up there but I will need y'alls help with stuff, so please let me know if you are willing to help me organize this, Skinnypockets I know you will without a doubt but more hands will help to. Y'all I'm getting these soldiers for you so give me ideas on what y'all want to do and we will make it a great day, just like the Heroes Ride we just had. Thanks again y'all.

SGT Ron Hill
:old_glory: :usa: :salute:

woundedwarrior09
Southern Airboat Member

Post by woundedwarrior09 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:28 am

cowtown that idea would be cool to having some other people show up with things to. Can you talk to them?

LIL Maddog
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by LIL Maddog » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:14 am

If i can work it around school I will be there. But i won't know for probably 3 months or so.

LIL Maddog
Little George Palm Beach "kit hull". IO-540 with a 1.73:1 Stinger gearbox swinging an 81" 3 blade NGR. Real quiet.
Proud Member of USFTH!

bwright
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by bwright » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:04 am

Their is only one open weekend in February for the Airboating Family here whats on the calendar now

2nd of February = Florida Sportsmens Conservation Association Outdoor Youth Day at the Everglades Youth Camp 10 p.m. to 4 p.m. This is the 14th Annual Outdoor Youth Day Event and It’s FSCA bigiest day of the year. This event has buggy rides, canoeing, pony rides, airboat demonstration and many airboat displayed, archery, gun range instruction, fishing and wildlife shows to reach kids of all ages and show them the benefits of being outdoors instead of in front of a TV. This annual event had over 1,400 participants that came and over 150 volunteers that worked the whole day.

TBA in February = Freedom Ride sponsor by Kissimmee River Valley Sportsman’s Association 12 noon at the Miles point on the north west corner of Lake Kissimmee just south of Tiger creek, come for a Cracker cook out to thank Airboaters for their support.

23rd & 24th of February =Palm Beach County Airboat & Halftrack Conservation Club Airboat & Buggy Show at the Youth Camp in West Palm Beach, Fl.
Palm Beach open hull, full grass rake, conduit rigging, up stack I0540, swinging A Q series 72', single rudder / old school

"You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life"

Winston Churchill.

cowtown
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by cowtown » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:39 am

AS THE TIME DRWS CLOSER , I WILL SEE WHAT I CAN DO !! JUST NEED THE DATE SET IN STONE AND GO FROM THERE. I THINK MILES POINT IS PROBLEY GONNA BE YOUR BEST BET TO GET CARS, TRUCKS AND COOKER CLOSE TO THE LAKE . A TEST AND TUNE HAS BEEN DONE THERE BEFOR AS WELL , BUT POLLUTED WATERS MAY BE BETTER SPOT BUT NOT SURE YOU COULD GET THE GROUP THERE. LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE INFO AS THE TIME DRAWS NEAR .

And Proud Of It !!!

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:27 am

The only time i cant is last weekend. My 6 yo daughters birthday is the 27TH

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by PeaRiverOpossum » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:56 am

I will be there if I can. The only suggestions that I have at this point is to not make it back to back weekends with another big event if possible. Feb. Looks like a BUSY month. This will help the guys that are driving a long way (like us)
Also, have something for the people on the "hill" to do while everyone is taking turns riding.

Waterharley
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Waterharley » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:39 am

im in anytime any place

woundedwarrior09
Southern Airboat Member

Post by woundedwarrior09 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:07 pm

Hey y'all Bishop posted that February is a busy month, however Dave Markett suggested we do the event with KRVSA Freedom Ride any other suggestions about what Dave posted? I really think we need to have a two day event Dave said the first night a trash fin contest and I think that the second day could be the ride with the families we could have vendors come and maybe have them donate $25.00 to $50.00 for set up and that money could go to the Wounded Warriors of South Florida. Guys I'm willing to schedule this anytime after the holidays but I need a general (good) concesus on when we want to do this. Please any help would be great. I don't always check SA everyday so if you have an idea feel free to call me. I can start contacting vendors when we have a solid date I think we need to get a solid date by the 1st of January.

Thanks y'all

SGT Ron Hill
561-329-0002
:proud: :usa: :old_glory: :salute:

swamp sniper
Southern Airboat Member

Post by swamp sniper » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:22 am

as long as they dont mind a ex navy guy driving im in.

chasinbytes
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by chasinbytes » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:11 pm

Tagging this so I can keep track of it I had a blast at the one in okeetantie up for it anytime after hunting season.

woundedwarrior09
Southern Airboat Member

Post by woundedwarrior09 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:48 am

swamp sniper your in bud just because you were in the Navy so what your still a brother to me we all still fought the same fight.
:old_glory: :usa: :proud: :salute:

Daddy Dave
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Daddy Dave » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:32 pm

EASY NOW ......

I clearly asked you to contact Big Gobbler on the idea of a Freedom Ride (February 2013 - Miles Point / Lk. Kissimmee) / Wounded Warrior link up.

And, as another potential alternative, to reach out to Vickie Cruz on the Operation Airboat @ Loughman Landing (January 05) possibilities.

That time of year is VERY BUSY with previously established airboat events as Bishop Wright pointed out. Adding another major event could stretch the "worker bee" colony pretty thin.

Daddy Dave
A I R B O A T

Anytime It Runs, Break Out Another Thousand

woundedwarrior09
Southern Airboat Member

Post by woundedwarrior09 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:52 am

Dave I think February or maybe even March is going to be better, I do not have the time to set up something so close after the holidays, plus many Warriors will be on leave and spending the holidays with family as some will be visiting hospitals to see thier wounded buddies still not relesed from treatments. As well I promised my family I would not engage in anything till after the first of the year working 16 hrs a day and sleeping 4 hrs a night that doesn't leave very much time for the family, they have been very patient with me and supported me in the last 2 events I have put together or helped. But again I do say this y'all are the riders and sliders I do not have a calendar of events that the FAA or other airboat clubs are putting on or do, it would be great if I could get the FAA or airboat clubs to email thier events so I can schedule these events with them or around them. I am just saying I was called by several people in the Central Florida region wanting an event held in thier area, I am willing to coordinate that no problem, I will need thier help as well. I am up for any date after the first of the year preferrably after January to start coordinating an event. To everyone I say thank you for the last 2 events where y'all came out and supported our Nation's Hero's, I hope that everyone has a great and Happy Holidays, especially if I do not see you before the new year.

SGT Ron Hill
:proud: :usa: :old_glory: :salute:

Return to “Airboat Talk”