NEED BOATS TO HELP SEACH FOR MISSING BOATERS! !!

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
CarMotorBarge
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: NEED BOATS TO HELP SEACH FOR MISSING BOATERS! !!

Post by CarMotorBarge » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:07 pm

Are more boats needed to help search tomorrow morning?
14x7.5 Al David hull with 14 inch transom
419 CI Horsepower Barn LS3 with 2.88 Ox Box swinging 4 blade 83.5" R
GTO Rigging and B&S Tilt Trailer

SthrnStyle3
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SthrnStyle3 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:51 pm

Wondering the same thing..? Are they searching tomorrow, and what time?
12' aluminum hull, 350 sbc w/ flattop Pistons and camel hump heads, side by side seating w/ double in front, 2:1 gearbox and a 78" whirlwind whispertip 2.0

jwoodl01
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: NEED BOAT S TO HELP SEACH FOR MISSING BOATERS! !!

Post by jwoodl01 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:54 pm

Just returned home for the day. As of when we left at dark, the Law was asking for a halt of activity on the lake. They were gonna put a bird in the air and attempt Thermal/Infrared from the Heli. The family is truly appreciative of the time and effort that has been spent by everyone assisting in the search. Continuing effort talks were still being processed as far as a game plan for tomorrow. If I hear word shortly, I'll post up.

Jake
PROUD MEMBER OF UNITED SPORTSMAN FOR TRADTIONAL HERITAGE

GIMAMMOTH
Southern Airboat Member

Post by GIMAMMOTH » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:56 pm

Ran all day. Its verry thick out there an all I had was my red boat. Anyone with a power house than can make some trails would be awesome out there. Theres a lot of spots we couldnt get to
Wardaddy 8X6.6 Cut down c90 Continental aircraft.
Chuck Hawk 12foot Cut Down 0-320 aircraft.
Southern Enterprizes 12.6 Williams Step Hull deckover o540 with Continental injection

greeneberg83
Southern Airboat Member

Post by greeneberg83 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:06 pm

Searching for Charlie Jackson and Jason Cobb

Here is a breakdown of today:
The map I’m showing is what I know Volunteer’s covered. FWC conducted their own areas I’m not too sure of. Around 30 Airboats, Over 100 people, and many boats as well as ATV’s came in aid…GREAT JOB GUYS! Great job on keeping safe and as organized as we could be. We had many people taken in by Airboat to land in the heavily searched are I outlined in Pink. The Red area was heavily searched by FWC the night before as well as today. These areas have both been plane and helicopter search. An Infrared Helicopter should be out now if not soon checking the area.
There was a Black Nike Shoe as well as a Boot found. To my knowledge it HAS NOT been confirmed as theirs. Though are similar to something they would have worn. The boat DID NOT have damage that would lead one to believe a wreck with an object of any kind. The Throttle was the only odd thing stuck on full power.
Cell Phones: Jason’s mother has his, Charlie’s I THINK was not found. Cell phones can NOT be found by exact location. The way that works is a cell phone signal “Pings” off of the nearest tower and can be within a few mile radius. It would only show that they were in the area, not a specific point.
Tomorrow: We will be meeting at Black Hammock at 8 AM. From there we will see what the best options in search areas will be. Wear BOOTS. Bring an extra change of clothes. I will ask for Boats and ATV’s again. I do not think HORSES or DOGs are a good idea. HORSES WILL SINK where we need to search they are to heavy and it is not safe.
THE FAMILIES THANK EVERYONE FROM THE BOTTOM OF THEIR HEARTS. Keep your heads up and your minds focused. We are a group who has been in some tough situations before and NEVER will we look back and say our all was not given.
Attachments
map.jpg
map.jpg (159.48 KiB) Viewed 1816 times

greenvista85
Southern Airboat Member

Post by greenvista85 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:08 pm

hear it was an air boat but fwc said they possibly got ejected from a bass tracker? i dumped out my work truck, loaded the boat in hopes of helping as i would want some one to help find me..not sure bout the little currents that run though there and yes gaters are out of the question.it is the wet and cold that worries me and i hate to talk about what if's but what the hell could have happened? i'm A good tracker and i can find things in water others might over look i will launch tomorrow and and put my skills to the test but if as much as 30 boats swept the area today and no luck it makes my heart drop and i get a sick feeling as aparently it could happen to any one of us

greeneberg83
Southern Airboat Member

Post by greeneberg83 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:09 pm

this was posted from jasons mom. anyone who can help i know it would very much appreciated. thanks

greeneberg83
Southern Airboat Member

Post by greeneberg83 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:13 pm

sorry i was wrong it wasnt from his mom but i have talked to her today and she definitely appreciates everyones help.

greenvista85
Southern Airboat Member

Post by greenvista85 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:18 pm

now im itching to sonar the water from 46 down but will need a few boats wide with equally good sonar eqpt....it makes me sick to even think it might come to this...but i have better chance than the divers

swamper2
Southern Airboat Member

Post by swamper2 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:58 pm

greeneberg83 wrote:Searching for Charlie Jackson and Jason Cobb

Here is a breakdown of today:
The map I’m showing is what I know Volunteer’s covered. FWC conducted their own areas I’m not too sure of. Around 30 Airboats, Over 100 people, and many boats as well as ATV’s came in aid…GREAT JOB GUYS! Great job on keeping safe and as organized as we could be. We had many people taken in by Airboat to land in the heavily searched are I outlined in Pink. The Red area was heavily searched by FWC the night before as well as today. These areas have both been plane and helicopter search. An Infrared Helicopter should be out now if not soon checking the area.
There was a Black Nike Shoe as well as a Boot found. To my knowledge it HAS NOT been confirmed as theirs. Though are similar to something they would have worn. The boat DID NOT have damage that would lead one to believe a wreck with an object of any kind. The Throttle was the only odd thing stuck on full power.
Cell Phones: Jason’s mother has his, Charlie’s I THINK was not found. Cell phones can NOT be found by exact location. The way that works is a cell phone signal “Pings” off of the nearest tower and can be within a few mile radius. It would only show that they were in the area, not a specific point.
Tomorrow: We will be meeting at Black Hammock at 8 AM. From there we will see what the best options in search areas will be. Wear BOOTS. Bring an extra change of clothes. I will ask for Boats and ATV’s again. I do not think HORSES or DOGs are a good idea. HORSES WILL SINK where we need to search they are to heavy and it is not safe.
THE FAMILIES THANK EVERYONE FROM THE BOTTOM OF THEIR HEARTS. Keep your heads up and your minds focused. We are a group who has been in some tough situations before and NEVER will we look back and say our all was not given.
was the ignition on. Did it run out of gas
16ft alumitech/406sbc/2.38w/3-80in.R's

greeneberg83
Southern Airboat Member

Post by greeneberg83 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:07 pm

from what i was told the ignition was on but i dont think it was out of gas. i imagine whereever it stopped it prob bogged the motor down in the mud and killed it.

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:09 pm

I hope for nothing but the best turnout on this deal ... but while everyone is reading this thread ... REMEMBER THIS ... it can happen in an instant ... it can happen to anyone at anytime ... always wear a PFD ... always let someone know where you are going and approx. when you WILL be back. Yes in airboating we all know the getting back on time is always where it gets screwed up for whatever reason ... but at least approx. or let someone know you are running late ... a PFD in the boat may met the law but it won't save you.

God speed on finding them ... its damn cold last night and today to be in the water or swamp hurt
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

greenvista85
Southern Airboat Member

Post by greenvista85 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:13 pm

if the throttle was found wide open ya would think it would have been a little more beached than it was...unless it hit the muck then started to plow through it untill id bogged out..another thing, most boats i been on pulls one way or the other so wouldnt it have kept circling

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:38 pm

most likely but not always .. it could have ran out of gas before beaching ... if set up properly the boat runs straight if rudders are left alone/unattended in which case the wind would have been steering it.
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

akblackdawg
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by akblackdawg » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:19 am

It doesn't make sense to me the saying the motor bogged down in the mud if it was a airboat. Motor would normally just keep running until it ran out of gas, just like it was on a trailer. Lake doesn't look too large to me and the area circled across the lake hasn't been searched and looks quite large. If somehow they were thrown across the lake,seems entirely possible that the boat could have run across the lake and ended up in the reeds where they found it. I think a number of people should be assigned to search that area ASAP. Even if it was a tracker, could still run by itself across the lake. At least until it hit mud. This is assuming the shoe in the area of the boat wasn't theirs. Good luck. Bud
:alaska: If you ain't living on the edge, you're taking up to much space.

15x8 Alumatech hull, with enclosed cab, aluminum cage, LS 3, 6.2 aluminum block ffi, 2.7 Balistic Box, sensinich superwide 3 blade. Built for year around riding in Alaska

:)
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by :) » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:59 am

Ak, I think they said it was a bass tracker, kicker boat.

Prayers sent.
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Quick Draw
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Quick Draw » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:58 am

My prayers go out to these guys that everything's ok.

CarMotorBarge
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by CarMotorBarge » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:08 am

Please stay off the north part of Jesup so FWC can run infrared. Just talked to the families and this is what I was told.
14x7.5 Al David hull with 14 inch transom
419 CI Horsepower Barn LS3 with 2.88 Ox Box swinging 4 blade 83.5" R
GTO Rigging and B&S Tilt Trailer

pittbuell
Southern Airboat Member

Post by pittbuell » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:43 pm

Quick Draw wrote:My prayers go out to these guys that everything's ok.
I hope there found !
12'6 lazer 0300 6 blade warp

It's not what you buy." It's what you build."

ffjpowell
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by ffjpowell » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:53 pm

Any word for tommorrow?? Alot of people are off and was wondering if additional search efforts are needed or do they want us to stay off the lake. Praying for a good outcome. Keep us posted!!
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, the mind of man can achieve.

Live today like theirs no tommorrow.

New build on the way!!!!!! Stay tuned.

J. Powell

GIMAMMOTH
Southern Airboat Member

Post by GIMAMMOTH » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:49 pm

Sorry I haven't been on here. We need more boats. Shits thick.
Wardaddy 8X6.6 Cut down c90 Continental aircraft.
Chuck Hawk 12foot Cut Down 0-320 aircraft.
Southern Enterprizes 12.6 Williams Step Hull deckover o540 with Continental injection

flcracker67
Southern Airboat Member

Post by flcracker67 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:56 pm

Can be there in the morning if they need help. Let us know
12' hamant with 0540

AV8R040
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by AV8R040 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:49 pm

The volunteer search group is asking all volunteers to meet at the Black Hammock and go from there. This is where they are setting up the volunteer command center. There was a request by FWC to stay off the north side of the lake today so they could run infared and sonar FWC will most likely choose another area to do the same tomorrow.

As for the boat it was a 15ft bass tracker. Found with the throttle set full and the key bent with the kill switch lanyard laying in the bottom of the boat like it was pulled or knocked out when someone was possibly ejected. There was weather and darkness. Supposedly the wind was blowing from the south Friday night. There was no noticable damage to the boat or motor indicating a collision. There was still plenty of gas left in the boat and once the kill switch was reinserted the boat started right up and ran fine.

There have been search zones decided and are being assigned from the volunteer search base at the Black Hammock and a lot of the south bank is not passable on foot. The reed grass is very thick and tall with lots of deep muck underneath the treeline is not much better as for deep muck.

Remeber this is a very large search area with a lake that covers almost 16000 acres and marsh south and pastures north of nearly equal sizes. Almost all of the search areas were under water about a month ago.

I have not heard for certain but indications are the search will continue on tomorrow New Years Day.

Prayers are with all the searchers, family and missing. Be careful out there and remember to keep yourselves hydrated.
Nugent/Palin 2016

flcracker67
Southern Airboat Member

Post by flcracker67 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:57 pm

Can be there in the morning if they need help. Let us know
12' hamant with 0540

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Post by terrible ted » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:36 pm

pittbuell wrote:
Quick Draw wrote:My prayers go out to these guys that everything's ok.
I hope there found !

I hope for the best but. Console the family

Return to “Airboat Talk”