They are stealing trucks again off alligator alley...

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Gator Bait
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: They are stealing trucks again off alligator alley...

Post by Gator Bait » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:51 pm

So scrambletown if you spent your hard earned money on something and then you sold it and they never paid you all the money , you wouldn't take it back. Think about it ! :violent1: and back in the days I repo, I would slam you to the ground and take your car, been there done that :rebel:
As I lay Grass in the Glades I pray the slide will go my way, But if the wind takes over instead I Pray the Lord Protect My SLED

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:09 pm

Gator Bait wrote:So scrambletown if you spent your hard earned money on something and then you sold it and they never paid you all the money , you wouldn't take it back. Think about it ! :violent1: and back in the days I repo, I would slam you to the ground and take your car, been there done that :rebel:
GATOR BAIT,
if I had all the money that was owed to me over the 35 years I have been in business,
I could retire in style now.
I have a verry bad habbit (I guess) I trust people. take them at their word, that you can't do today.
and if you slamed me to the ground I would own you before we were thru in court.
today in time you better think twice before laying your hands on someone.
I did a few repos when I first started my co. BUT they were voluntary. and you didn't need a repo licence back then.
as stated before I have a problem with taking a car from someone who fell on hard times.
if you dont well god bless go for it. someone has too I guess.
and something else I am not talking about the ones that are on welfare and driving a cadillac.
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

skinny99
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by skinny99 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:30 pm

scrambletown wrote:
Gator Bait wrote:So scrambletown if you spent your hard earned money on something and then you sold it and they never paid you all the money , you wouldn't take it back. Think about it ! :violent1: and back in the days I repo, I would slam you to the ground and take your car, been there done that :rebel:
GATOR BAIT,
if I had all the money that was owed to me over the 35 years I have been in business,
I have a verry bad habbit (I guess) I trust people. take them at their word, that you can't do today.
and if you slamed me to the ground I would own you before we were thru in court.
I did a few repos when I first started my co. BUT they were voluntary. and you didn't need a repo licence back then.
as stated before I have a problem with taking a car from someone who fell on hard times.
and something else I am not talking about the ones that are on welfare and driving a cadillac.
They are one and the same though. If you don't pay for something they take it away from you. If you can't pay you should have planned better.
Failure to plan ahead is not the banks fault.
Successful people do what others won't or can't!

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:51 pm

skinny99 wrote:
scrambletown wrote:
GATOR BAIT,
They are one and the same though. If you don't pay for something they take it away from you. If you can't pay you should have planned better.
Failure to plan ahead is not the banks fault.
absolutley 100% correct,
but I guess nobody read my thread right.
I said I have a problem with it, I didn't say it should't be done.
it's kinda funny when these repo shows came on and the people eat it up.
they don't show when repo's go bad and the owner comes out with a 12 guage,
and cut's the repo agent in half. do they?
if you can't pay, take it back don't let the bank come looking for it.
THIS HAS REALLY GOTTEN OFF SUBJECT, I WASN'T THE ONE WHO BROUGHT THIS UP.
SOMEONE BLAMING WRECKER'S DID.
Last edited by scrambletown on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:59 pm

SOMETIMES, it is the banks fault for passing out loans to people who don't qualify under any rational test for a loan. Thats what happened to the Housing Market, Lots of houses been repoed. Lots of folks left sitting on the curb too.
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

skinny99
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by skinny99 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:09 pm

That same guy that had his offshore boat had the chance to go turn his boat into the bank instead of making them come get it like a
scumbag. I don't have a whole lotta sympathy for a guy that can't pay for his offshore boat. If he didn't have enough cash to pay for it outrite
or to put a large amount down then he shouldn't have bought it. Trying to keep up with the joneses gets alot of people in trouble. Live within your means
and these problems don't happen. Instant gratification is killing this country.

And this is from personal experience. I want a new boat so bad I can't hardly stand it. I could run my cards up and build one or go to Diamondback and finance
a new bada$$ boat. But I won't. I will keep my older boat that runs great and keep the title safely put away too!

skinny99
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by skinny99 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:13 pm

Whitebear wrote:SOMETIMES, it is the banks fault for passing out loans to people who don't qualify under any rational test for a loan. Thats what happened to the Housing Market, Lots of houses been repoed. Lots of folks left sitting on the curb too.
It is not the banks fault. No one forced them to buy a house they couldn't afford. It is societies fault.

Gator Bait
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Gator Bait » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:28 pm

scrambletown i get it , it was back in the day when you didn't need a license , i carried a colt 45 and the biggest black pit bull you ever seen . Almost wrote a book about my adventures, and believe there were people on my list that i would call and tell them they were on my list again and i could hold off on them till friday. so they could go pay up, back then this was money out of my pocket, but they were good people just trying to make it. And back then so was I , working construction from 7:00 till 3:30 and then repoing till 1:00 in the morning or later, so nobody would come repo my stuff. but somebody has to do it and not all repo men are scumbags . and if i ever seen you broke down i would do ever thing i could to hellp you. I run the glades all the time , my camp is in the miccosukee indians land , but we always end up at the swimming hold , stop by and say hi I am in the red boat that sayes flirting with disaster on the rudders
As I lay Grass in the Glades I pray the slide will go my way, But if the wind takes over instead I Pray the Lord Protect My SLED

rudee116
Southern Airboat Member

Post by rudee116 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:08 am

Hey Scramble...why do you take it personal if someone says that a tow truck is stealing cars??? It wouldn't be the first time and it damn sure wont be the last. It happens ALL the time. Just cause you may be honest doesn't mean all wreckers are. I'm a GC and I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone say "contractors are crooks".

Don't take it so personal man.
14' Don Davis w/ Upstack 0-540

When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. — Benjamin Franklin

kajunoutlaw
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by kajunoutlaw » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:41 am

Has anyone ever thought about buying a cheap prepaid cell phone and hardwiring it under the dash board somewhere's. Instant GPS!
Great minds discuss ideas, Average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:30 am

Gator Bait wrote:scrambletown i get it , it was back in the day when you didn't need a license , i carried a colt 45 and the biggest black pit bull you ever seen . Almost wrote a book about my adventures, and believe there were people on my list that i would call and tell them they were on my list again and i could hold off on them till friday. so they could go pay up, back then this was money out of my pocket, but they were good people just trying to make it. And back then so was I , working construction from 7:00 till 3:30 and then repoing till 1:00 in the morning or later, so nobody would come repo my stuff. but somebody has to do it and not all repo men are scumbags . and if i ever seen you broke down i would do ever thing i could to hellp you. I run the glades all the time , my camp is in the miccosukee indians land , but we always end up at the swimming hold , stop by and say hi I am in the red boat that sayes flirting with disaster on the rudders

seems like I seen that boat on lake george.
you don't have to tell me about trying to make ends meat.
I worked for 95 cents an hour when I was a kid. one time. I remember a man trying to sell me a 4 wheel drive ford truck for $2,000 and couldn't afford it. now when I want a vehicle it's off the show room floor and no PAYMENTS.
if you told someone you would be back friday, then sounds like your 24ct gold, a good person. and those repos are voluntary the only ones I did.
believe me I know about construction I hauled concrete blockes for block masons and mixed mud.
drove trucks 15 plus hours a day for about $150. a week.
ya know I think we both could write a best seller.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
rudee116 wrote:Hey Scramble...why do you take it personal if someone says that a tow truck is stealing cars??? It wouldn't be the first time and it damn sure wont be the last. It happens ALL the time. Just cause you may be honest doesn't mean all wreckers are. I'm a GC and I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone say "contractors are crooks".

Don't take it so personal man.
RUDEE,
there are scumbags in every walk of life.
the presidency, lawenforcement, lawyers, wrecker co, construction co.
remember one thing you stand in judgement by yourself at the rapture.
I have wrecker co. right here by me that will tell someone that needs to be towed to call scrambletown and whatever he tell's you I will beat it.
they usually don't have the proper insurance.
if they are towing a car and drop it the person who owns the car usually ends up paying.
they are scumbags that make other tow co. look bad.
I really don't take anything personal anymore I know how I am.
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:47 am

skinny99 wrote:
Whitebear wrote:SOMETIMES, it is the banks fault for passing out loans to people who don't qualify under any rational test for a loan. Thats what happened to the Housing Market, Lots of houses been repoed. Lots of folks left sitting on the curb too.
It is not the banks fault. No one forced them to buy a house they couldn't afford. It is societies fault.
SKINNY,
sometime it is the bank's fault.
you remember when the yugo cars first came out?
the banks loaned money on those pieces of crap to anyone that could sign a note. job or no job.
my bank called me offered me 100 of them for $500 each and I said no. because scumbags couldn't pay the first payment.
wish I had done it now.
you know as well as I do that about 10 15 years ago anybody could buy a house, you didn't have to prove a damn thing.
that was the start of the downfall of this country. banks loaning money they knew people could not afford or payback.
but it made the banks look good on paper. at the monent.
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:54 am

helms24 wrote:
skinny99 wrote:That same guy that had his offshore boat had the chance to go turn his boat into the bank instead of making them come get it like a
scumbag. I don't have a whole lotta sympathy for a guy that can't pay for his offshore boat. If he didn't have enough cash to pay for it outrite
or to put a large amount down then he shouldn't have bought it. Trying to keep up with the joneses gets alot of people in trouble. Live within your means

And this is from personal experience. I want a new boat so bad I can't hardly stand it. I could run my cards up and build one or go to Diamondback and finance
a new bada$$ boat. But I won't. I will keep my older boat that runs great and keep the title safely put away too!
I agree with ya....if his wife did not get cancer and those med bill went through the roof and he had to make a call on what to let go...and by the way it was a voluntary repo...
hey when you can't make your payment on medical, your house, your car ( thats a necessity)
the first thing to go is the toy's, but but be a man about it take it to the lien holder don't make them come after it.
when you get back on your feet that lien holder will remember that and maybee loan you money to buy another.
do you realise you have got to pay for a repo??????
goes against your credit, if you deliver it back sometimes and I will say that again (sometimes) it won't.
repo's are verry expensive, not like a regular tow. because most of the time a repo is time consuming. that eventually you pay for,
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

gruprgetr
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by gruprgetr » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:27 am

scrambletown wrote:and don't believe lizard dick and those other towing shows on t.v.
its a bunch of crap, that muscle bound bone head that put's his hands on a customer thats assault.
THATS TIME IN JAIL!!!!!!!!!!
Say it aint so................cant believe them {moonshiners,swamppeople,southbeach tow,kardashions,} shows aint real
heck next thing we'll hear is that the Keynon really aint AMERICAN
(SWAMP GAS)
IF YOU PISS SOMEONE OFF MEANS THEY HEARD YOU
AIRBOATS DONT SPREAD HYDRILLA

AIRBOATS DONT CAUSE ANIMOSITY- PEOPLE DO!!
PROTECT YOUR FUTURE WEAR A PFD AND VOTE!!
on a dark calm night ya can hear the cryaker scratchin on your poly

skinny99
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by skinny99 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:00 am

scrambletown wrote:
skinny99 wrote:
SKINNY,
sometime it is the bank's fault.
you remember when the yugo cars first came out?
the banks loaned money on those pieces of crap to anyone that could sign a note. job or no job.
my bank called me offered me 100 of them for $500 each and I said no. because scumbags couldn't pay the first payment.
wish I had done it now.
you know as well as I do that about 10 15 years ago anybody could buy a house, you didn't have to prove a damn thing.
that was the start of the downfall of this country. banks loaning money they knew people could not afford or payback.
but it made the banks look good on paper. at the monent.
Still not the banks fault that the BUYER of the house or automobile made a bad decision. Do some research before you buy.

Your argument is like the argument for more gun control. It was the guns fault not the person who pulled the trigger. It was the banks fault not the person who asked for a loan,signed the papers and picked their new house or car. It was a decision made by an adult.

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:06 am

ya know SKINNY your absolutley right the worlds wrong.
I apologise for saying something like I did.
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

skinny99
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by skinny99 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:08 am

helms24 wrote:
skinny99 wrote:That same guy that had his offshore boat had the chance to go turn his boat into the bank instead of making them come get it like a

I agree with ya....if his wife did not get cancer and those med bill went through the roof and he had to make a call on what to let go...and by the way it was a voluntary repo...

I am sorry his wife got cancer. I know way too much about that particular subject. However maybe he should have been using those boat payments on
better disability insurance or medical insurance. It is not the banks fault that his wife got sick. They loaned him money on good faith. Maybe he should have put a better down payment on the boat so that he had equity in the boat and could sell it when something unfortunate happens.
It was a toy, leveraging yourself to the hilt for a unneeded depreciating asset is about as foolish of a financial decision as you can make.

Don't get me wrong. Giving the boat back in his situation was the correct decision. But don't get mad at the bank. They did what they had to do
to minimize their losses.

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:16 am

good GOD almighty,
some people will argue over weather the suns hot or water is wet. damn.
boy has this thread gone south fast.
WHITEBEAR, get the delete button ready, its aaaa comming.
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:12 am

A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still. Why argue.
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

skinny99
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by skinny99 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:30 am

Whitebear wrote:A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still. Why argue.
That is the position too many have taken with the POS's like the ones that have been stealing these guys trucks and the libtards that are
ruining this country. It is not arguing, it is informing.

LivinTheSwampLife
Southern Airboat Member

Post by LivinTheSwampLife » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:11 pm

How did this forum get so far off of the original post? It started out by warning people about what has been going on down on the alley at the boat launches. I myself launch from down there from time to time but now I will run a chain thru my rim to the frame on both rear tires. It still won't make it impossible to take but if they really want it they will get it. I'm just going to make them work for it harder. I myself have not had any problems down there but that could be because I use a 2010 F150 to tow my boat. Everyone on here can find some reason or other to point fingers at this person or that person but really the only person to blame are the thieves that are stealing the trucks. Everyone have a great weekend and stay safe while sliding!
LivinTheSwampLife with new and old friends alike!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYRdYShM_aM&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSo9izcmnw0 (Ride Home From Holiday Park In Fast Motion)

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:58 pm

I can't believe you said that ... the banks don't hold guns to their heads .. they went in and lied to the bank about paying for the loan or how much income they made.

That makes about as much sense as saying it is the truck owners fault the thieves are stealing their truck ..

WOW when are folks gonna get over blaming the banks or the government for their own bad decisions .. take accountablility for your own actions quit looking for someone to blame ..
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

MYDIXIEWRECKED
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by MYDIXIEWRECKED » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:02 pm

Well guys, I see everyone on here talking about making a police report for my wimdow being busted out and a screwdriver being beat into my ignition to try and steal my truck. The reason I didn't is it was late in the afternoon. my wife was already a little upset I stretched sunday funday out as long as I did, My kids had school the next day and we had a lot of stuff they had to do to get ready. I had my F250 King ranch broken into several tears ago. They spun the door lock out with a screwdriver. I made a police report then along with the other 4 or 5 that were broken into at that time. I never heard a word from anyone. I am now a LEO myself. I handle 21's all the time at work. I know pretty much what the detectives need to proceed with a case (that could actually be successful in catching/charging someone little loan a coviction). I knew for one if I called the agency responsible it would be AT LEAST an hour wait, To me that was not worth the raging mad wife I would have to deal with or every trip for the rest of my life getting cut short (just in case the truck gets broken into to wait for the police report :lol: ) So nowadays, I have taken a few steps to make it harder to steal. I replaced the front door handle that had a key lock assemnbly with the one that is in the rear door W/O a key hole Good luck turning a lock with a screwdriver that isn't there. This also keeps the Alarm engaged so if the dumb ass opens the door to get out the alarm goes off! I also disable the engine. With the part I take with me that fits in my pocket, it will never start! So they better have a towtruck... I dont think they were using a tow truck this time either, why would they break out my rear power slider, then beat a screwdriver into my ignition if the were towing it? I know thwy are actively looking! three trucks were broken into that saturday night and I left sunday morning to drop off my kids and wife and went back out to finish drying in a roof project. I left the ramp at 2:30pm and returned at 6pm and they had been there in that time frame... broad daylight! Rediculous and BOLD is an understatement.... I so think a good ol' bot sting will be the deciding factor catching these guys red handed, the local Law enforcement agency's don't budget for such small stings from what I hear...(due to it's location) If anybody needs to kmow what to do to disable their diesel ford so it will not start just PM me.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
"People sleep peaceably in their beds only because rough men stand ready to do violence ON THEIR BEHALF"

Lifetime member NRA
Owner camp 9 1/2 in beautiful 3A south, Everglades

SwampNinja
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SwampNinja » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:25 pm

Three more trucks were stolen off of the Alley last weekend. This is just ridiculous. WTF. I knew to of the owners personally. What needs to be done for this to stop? What law enforcement procedure needs to be approached? Can FWC do anything about this? Sheriffs? State Troopers???
"It is what it is."

gruprgetr
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by gruprgetr » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:12 pm

SwampNinja wrote:Three more trucks were stolen off of the Alley last weekend. This is just ridiculous. WTF. I knew to of the owners personally. What needs to be done for this to stop? What law enforcement procedure needs to be approached? Can FWC do anything about this? Sheriffs? State Troopers???

Ol' Hickory :rebel: :rebel:
(SWAMP GAS)
IF YOU PISS SOMEONE OFF MEANS THEY HEARD YOU
AIRBOATS DONT SPREAD HYDRILLA

AIRBOATS DONT CAUSE ANIMOSITY- PEOPLE DO!!
PROTECT YOUR FUTURE WEAR A PFD AND VOTE!!
on a dark calm night ya can hear the cryaker scratchin on your poly

Return to “Airboat Talk”