COWBOY CRACKER HOUSE ON REEDY CREEK (DEAD RIVER)

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Big Gobbler
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

COWBOY CRACKER HOUSE ON REEDY CREEK (DEAD RIVER)

Post by Big Gobbler » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:46 pm

FOR THOSE OF YA THAT WANT TO SAY GOODBY TO THE OLD COWBOY CRACKER HOUSE ON DEAD RIVER BETTER DO IT SOON.
AS A LAST DITCH EFFORT PHIL GRINER AND I (BIG GOBBLER) LEAD TWO PEOPLE FROM POLK COUNTY, A PERMIT AND ENGINEER GUY, AND A HISTORIAN AND DAN COTTER FROM SFWMD THERE YESTERDAY (2-12) AS A LAST DITCH EFFORT TO GET SOUTH FLA WATER MANAGEMENT TO LET THE KRVSA MEMBERS REBUILD WITH VOLLENTEER LABOR THIS HISTORICAL BUILDING THAT WAS BUILD IN THE EARLY 1920'S.
AT THE LAST WRAC-REC MEETING ON DEC. 17, 2012 IN W.P.B., SFWMD AT MY REQUEST AGGREED TO HOLD OFF OF DEMO-ING THE BUILDING UNTIL I TOOK THE PEOPLE FROM POLK COUNTY OUT THERE. IT WAS YESTERDAY BEFORE POLK COUNTY COULD GET THERE ACT TOGETHER TO GO AND VISIT THE SITE. THEIR ENGINEER MAN SAID THAT WE WOULD HAVE TO GO THRU ENGINNERING AND GET A NEW SET OF BLUE PRINTS DRAWN UP AND HAVE TO MEET THE NEW SPECKS WITH THE HURRICANE CODES AND ALL OF THE NEW RULES THAT I HAVE NO IDEAL ABOUT.
OWELL GUYS AND GALS I GOT PLENTY OF OTHER IRONS IN THE FIRE, I PROMICE TO KEEP PLUGGIING AWAY.

THANKS
BIG GOBBLER,
DON'T FORGET THE FREEDOM RIDE THIS WEEKEND SAT THE 16TH. SEE YA THERE
NOT GUILTY
HE,HE,HE

cflacowboy001
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: COWBOY CRACKER HOUSE ON REEDY CREEK (DEAD RIVER)

Post by cflacowboy001 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:23 pm

Well that stinks ! Thankyou for your time and info .

Rich Andrews
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Rich Andrews » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:34 pm

Post the cell phone numbers of the guys at SFWMD who made the decision so we can all(10)k call them and say thanks. GUARANTEED next time they will remember their phone ringing non stop all hrs of the night,all week long. Very effective tool with the numbers we now have.

They don't play nice why should we.
I'll have my Manatee burger medium please...just say NObama

14x8 deckover FELBER 397ci.. HP ???..just stay back!!

LOHA is AHOL backwards

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:22 pm

Thanks for the EFFORT big gobbler ... no doubt about your trying .. and no doubt about the shoddy construction methods used on a building that has lasted almost a hundred years. They just probably want to get any reason gone to have to allow access to the area when they declare it all panther refuge in couple of years .. all the dry running airboats will be useless at that time for sure .. it will be water only. But again a sincere THANK YOU .. and I don't just hand them out LOL You really deserve a plaque out there somewhere for all you have done for airboaters and hunters and fisherman ... and probably even a kryakker or two ..
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

Oleboy87
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Oleboy87 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:44 pm

That sucks that's a good place to stop and get out of the wind or rain!!

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:52 pm

panther habitat coming .. means no people allowed .. so they want nothing out we are allowed to visit .. duh remember the headwaters project ??? it is coming
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:03 pm

go look up the headwaters project .. it is on here it hasn't gone away and it is coming full speed ahead and when it does in my opinion dry running airboats any where in the project will be outlawed .. too many kicker boats and fishing lisc money so if there is water it will be fine .. no water ?? you better not be there ... it will be the newest federal wildlife area .. and the feds hate airboats .. period especially dry running airboats but this is only my opinion so form your own after you research feds and airboats and the headwaters project

Oleboy87
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Oleboy87 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:04 pm

I had a sheriff tell me that he has seen a panther out there a few times.

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:53 pm

there are panthers out there and a whole lot of other places folks don't think they are ...

cflacowboy001
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by cflacowboy001 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:58 pm

Big Gobbler wrote:FOR THOSE OF YA THAT WANT TO SAY GOODBY TO THE OLD COWBOY CRACKER HOUSE ON DEAD RIVER BETTER DO IT SOON.
AS A LAST DITCH EFFORT PHIL GRINER AND I (BIG GOBBLER) LEAD TWO PEOPLE FROM POLK COUNTY, A PERMIT AND ENGINEER GUY, AND A HISTORIAN AND DAN COTTER FROM SFWMD THERE YESTERDAY (2-12) AS A LAST DITCH EFFORT TO GET SOUTH FLA WATER MANAGEMENT TO LET THE KRVSA MEMBERS REBUILD WITH VOLLENTEER LABOR THIS HISTORICAL BUILDING THAT WAS BUILD IN THE EARLY 1920'S.
AT THE LAST WRAC-REC MEETING ON DEC. 17, 2012 IN W.P.B., SFWMD AT MY REQUEST AGGREED TO HOLD OFF OF DEMO-ING THE BUILDING UNTIL I TOOK THE PEOPLE FROM POLK COUNTY OUT THERE. IT WAS YESTERDAY BEFORE POLK COUNTY COULD GET THERE ACT TOGETHER TO GO AND VISIT THE SITE. THEIR ENGINEER MAN SAID THAT WE WOULD HAVE TO GO THRU ENGINNERING AND GET A NEW SET OF BLUE PRINTS DRAWN UP AND HAVE TO MEET THE NEW SPECS WITH THE HURRICANE CODES AND ALL OF THE NEW RULES THAT I HAVE NO IDEAL ABOUT.
OWELL GUYS AND GALS I GOT PLENTY OF OTHER IRONS IN THE FIRE, I PROMICE TO KEEP PLUGGIING AWAY.

THANKS
BIG GOBBLER,
DON'T FORGET THE FREEDOM RIDE THIS WEEKEND SAT THE 16TH. SEE YA THERE
Did they actually say NO ?
Last edited by cflacowboy001 on Tue May 28, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CarMotorBarge
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by CarMotorBarge » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:11 am

Where is the cowboy cracker house located at on the Dead River? Might have to stop by this Saturday. Thanks.
14x7.5 Al David hull with 14 inch transom
419 CI Horsepower Barn LS3 with 2.88 Ox Box swinging 4 blade 83.5" R
GTO Rigging and B&S Tilt Trailer

Jabroni
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Jabroni » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:55 am

CarMotorBarge wrote:Where is the cowboy cracker house located at on the Dead River? Might have to stop by this Saturday. Thanks.

U gotta no its up in the trees
Just got down in DX land, DOOFUS standing by reading the MAIL

Jabroni
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Jabroni » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:01 am

Car motor will post a pic in my pics where it's at look it up on google maps for a better where abouts
Just got down in DX land, DOOFUS standing by reading the MAIL

CarMotorBarge
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by CarMotorBarge » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:48 am

Is it between the Dead River and the canal from Cypress to Hatchneha? On Google maps I see a building in an oak head about 2500 feet south of the Osceola airboat club pavilon. Thanks.
14x7.5 Al David hull with 14 inch transom
419 CI Horsepower Barn LS3 with 2.88 Ox Box swinging 4 blade 83.5" R
GTO Rigging and B&S Tilt Trailer

cowboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by cowboy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:57 am

gruprgetr
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by gruprgetr » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:07 am

END OF AN ERA :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :proud: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel:

SFWMD trying to work with us but then you get the treehuggin burocraps called POLK COUNTY GOVERNMENT in the way..............always been a county with BLINDERS on.jmo
Polk and Alatchua.............Democraptic dollars in action...............antiairboatn PUKES :pottytrain2: :pukeleft: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright:
(SWAMP GAS)
IF YOU PISS SOMEONE OFF MEANS THEY HEARD YOU
AIRBOATS DONT SPREAD HYDRILLA

AIRBOATS DONT CAUSE ANIMOSITY- PEOPLE DO!!
PROTECT YOUR FUTURE WEAR A PFD AND VOTE!!
on a dark calm night ya can hear the cryaker scratchin on your poly

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:11 am

yeah but they can have sex at the fire departments with the ambulance workers .. LOL unless the outside boy friend gets wind of it then they get fired .. she wasn't even that good lookin but I guess when you got 24 on and 48 off you gotta play with what is handy ..

I wonder if that would be considered incest ?? since they fire and ems all consider each other family ???

exxon
Southern Airboat Member

Post by exxon » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:56 am

Her picture didn't do her justice. She looked much more "doable" in real life. You know what they say about EMS girls, they are either lesbians or freaks.
Alumitech 7136 IO-470-J

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:58 am

LOL yep .. I loved the 4 years I spent as an advanced life support emt ... er nurses are sweet

exxon
Southern Airboat Member

Post by exxon » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:09 am

I still don't understand why they have to remove the structure? It seems to me that they want to preserve cattle land, any one have more history on the house? Best to work with historical societies and get it landmarked.
Alumitech 7136 IO-470-J

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:16 am

look the termites have been unfairly denied their right to destroy that building for way too long .. and once the headwaters preserve is official they can't have folks leaving footprints around that old place and disturbing nature .. unless they have a federal grant to do so .. So in the interest of fairness to the termites and nature they need to bring in the bulldozers or the tear gas grenades and start a fire at least .. of course they could allow a scrap company come in and remove the boards and put brass plates on them and sell them to raise money as commenorative plaques to hang on the wall to pay tribute to the old days ???

cflacowboy001
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by cflacowboy001 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:20 am

cntry141iq wrote:yeah but they can have sex at the fire departments with the ambulance workers .. LOL unless the outside boy friend gets wind of it then they get fired .. she wasn't even that good lookin but I guess when you got 24 on and 48 off you gotta play with what is handy ..

I wonder if that would be considered incest ?? since they fire and ems all consider each other family ???
Braden River ?

swampbuggyguy
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by swampbuggyguy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:28 am

gyrocopter582 wrote:Message unclear, repeat with detail, thank you, over.
Do some research on what the National Park Service has done in the Big Cypress National Preserve.....the message will be very clear.

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:29 am

Naww I worked as an emt while up north on an extended vacation after a vacation in the miliatry ... but those were the good ole days .. BA (before aids) LOL

Return to “Airboat Talk”