Buzzards on trucks at the ramp, more feathery friends :(

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
TheElevatorGuy
Southern Airboat Member

Buzzards on trucks at the ramp, more feathery friends :(

Post by TheElevatorGuy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:24 am

:angry5: What else feels as though they want to crawl all over and poop on my truck??? :banghead: These Muscovy duck are a serious pain, if you google them it says they have migrated up here from Mexico, and South America.....what a cooincidence!!!!! :lol:

How far north are these stupid ducks? :violent1: Just curious... :?:
Attachments
duck on truck.jpg
duck on truck.jpg (158.06 KiB) Viewed 1072 times

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Buzzards on trucks at the ramp, more feathery friends :(

Post by scrambletown » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:34 am

those are the nastiest water foul there is.
they will completley destroy a small pond.
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

TheElevatorGuy
Southern Airboat Member

Post by TheElevatorGuy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:19 pm

They used to "think" it was ok for them to hangout in my pool.......well lets just say one weekend + a few boxes of .22 varmint rounds + a bunch of beer + a few buddies = no more ducks in my backyard for 3 years now..........I guess they got the hint!!!!

Waterbugger
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Waterbugger » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:30 pm

Next time use a castnet and a fishbox $15 a piece live all day long. Easy to get 20 -30 in a couple of hours. Sometuimes pays better than them nasty Tilapia's. Make $ and get rid of them, but much like wild hogs you only make money if you sell them live. Just a thought, made many a bill catchin them nasty ducks on days fishin's bad. You definitely have a market down south for them anywhere they sell goats chickens and hogs for the holidays will buy and sell those ducks, high demand from Islanders and South/Central American's.

TheElevatorGuy
Southern Airboat Member

Post by TheElevatorGuy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:38 pm

WHAT? WHERE? NEVER EVER HAVE I HEARD OF SOMEONE PAYING FOR THEM!

If you were cracking a joke thats a good one, but if your serious, hell............$$$$$$$$ I DON'T $$$$$$$$$$ KNOW $$$$$ WHAT $$$$$$ IM GOING $$$$$$$$ TO $$$$$$$$ DO? $$$$$$$$$$

jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by jopete » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:42 pm

get sum poison and inject it into a bunch of cheetos. never own up to it because it will kill everything that eats it. u will be supprized.

cowboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by cowboy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:46 pm

Send'em to North Korea
........ with some fava beans, and a nice Chianti.

They'll shake and bake'em

TheElevatorGuy
Southern Airboat Member

Post by TheElevatorGuy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:55 pm

No way, if someone wants to buy them, I will become a Duck Farmer today!!!!!! I will make those guys on Duck Dynasty look like the bums that they do look like.....you will see me on TV with my own get rich over night scheme version of duck dynasty.....maybe Duck R Nasty!!!!!!

TheElevatorGuy
Southern Airboat Member

Post by TheElevatorGuy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:05 pm

I mean come on....look at the pic I posted....I got them literaly knocking on my front door......Im going to bring a few out to Gerald.... they say he eats anything!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will get a report from him and go from there!

TheElevatorGuy
Southern Airboat Member

Post by TheElevatorGuy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:07 pm

I got to get going.....got a line on a duck trap!!!!

Waterbugger
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Waterbugger » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 pm

Mr. Elevator, talk to the latin community in Broward they will know where the farms are that sell them, get directions and go talk with the owner. I deal in Martin and Okeechobee counties, that much fuel expense would hurt your profits, there are a ton of little farms in western Broward and Dade that would be happy to see you. I don't deal direct that far south, you would probably have better contacts since you live down that way. I have been at these farms delivering and especially on holidays its a big thing.

John Fenner
Southern Airboat Member

Post by John Fenner » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:02 pm

Had just painted a truck like that, and the bastards roosted on the tailgate layng flat on horses that night, wasn't real mad as we ran shy on paint and had to scuff and reshoot but still, we're infested with them on my canal and surrounding areas.
I never finish anyth,,,.

cflacowboy001
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by cflacowboy001 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:12 pm

Peking Duck ! Asian markets love the bird. Most any duck in restaurants is a bird like that.

Cherpa
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Cherpa » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:17 pm

Got this off FWC's web-site...

Duck removal.

Answer ID 1904 | Published 09/27/2005 11:14 AM | Updated 12/21/2012 10:23 AM
We have a problem with too many muscovy ducks in our back yards. They are terrorizing our children and pets. Will the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission remove them for us?

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission does not remove nuisance muscovy ducks. Because muscovy ducks are domestic animals, our agency has no jurisdiction over or responsibility for becoming involved in resolving these nuisance problems. The FWC authorizes trappers to take destructive or nuisance wildlife from private property with the consent of the property owner. Most trappers will charge a fee for their services. To locate a licensed trapper, visit the FWC on the Web at: http://fwc.myflorida.com/fwcwww/fwc_www ... ers_rpt_pr.

If you would like more information on the removal of nuisance or destructive waterfowl, please contact one of the FWC waterfowl offices at (850) 488-5878 or (321) 726-2862, or go to: .http://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/manag ... waterfowl/

Additional background and information is below.

Muscovy ducks have been introduced into urban and suburban areas in Florida where they often occur in high densities. Muscovies can be extremely prolific, and local populations, if uncontrolled, can increase dramatically in a short time. As a result, controversies frequently arise between residents who enjoy the birds and residents who consider them a nuisance.

Muscovies are protected by Florida Statute 828.12 regarding animal cruelty. However, because these birds originated in Florida from domestic stock, they are not considered "wildlife." As of March 31st, 2010 a federal control order is in effect that allows control by landowners, wildlife management agencies, and tenants, agents, or employees without federal or state permits, and prohibits the release of muscovies. More information may become available (FAQ) on this website http://www.fws.gov/migratorybirds/. We consider feral domestic ducks to be undesirable in the wild because of their potential to transmit diseases to or interbreed with Florida's native waterfowl. To minimize these problems, Florida Statute 372.265 prohibits the release of exotic animals, including muscovies. Therefore, relocating muscovies into a wild situation is not a legitimate or appropriate solution to nuisance problems. You could, however, move muscovies to a captive situation where they would not come into contact with wildlife and would not escape.

Muscovy ducks, like other domestic animals, are considered private property. If someone claims ownership, the birds are the owner's to do with as he or she pleases, so long as Florida Statute 828.12 regarding animal cruelty is not violated. Similarly, if the muscovies have no owner, no state or federal law prohibits their capture and humane euthanization. This can be a last resort to resolve a nuisance problem.
We grow too soon old and too late smart.

Scarecrow
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Scarecrow » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:45 pm

The last time I was at Disneys Fort Wilderness they had muscovy duck on the menu. :thumbleft: :rebel:

gruprgetr
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by gruprgetr » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:05 pm

cflacowboy001 wrote:Peking Duck ! Asian markets love the bird. Most any duck in restaurants is a bird like that.

BINGO! :rebel:
(SWAMP GAS)
IF YOU PISS SOMEONE OFF MEANS THEY HEARD YOU
AIRBOATS DONT SPREAD HYDRILLA

AIRBOATS DONT CAUSE ANIMOSITY- PEOPLE DO!!
PROTECT YOUR FUTURE WEAR A PFD AND VOTE!!
on a dark calm night ya can hear the cryaker scratchin on your poly

gruprgetr
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by gruprgetr » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:10 pm

TheElevatorGuy wrote::angry5: migrated up here from Mexico, and South America.....what a cooincidence!!!!! :lol:

How far north are these stupid ducks? :violent1: Just curious... :?:

Manhatten.................peking duck $42.50
(SWAMP GAS)
IF YOU PISS SOMEONE OFF MEANS THEY HEARD YOU
AIRBOATS DONT SPREAD HYDRILLA

AIRBOATS DONT CAUSE ANIMOSITY- PEOPLE DO!!
PROTECT YOUR FUTURE WEAR A PFD AND VOTE!!
on a dark calm night ya can hear the cryaker scratchin on your poly

Return to “Airboat Talk”