21 Sept. 2013 Wounded Warriors Event at Okee-Tantie Marina

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

21 Sept. 2013 Wounded Warriors Event at Okee-Tantie Marina

Post by PeaRiverOpossum » Mon May 13, 2013 9:28 am

I know it's a long way off for some but it's never too early to start making plans. I just talked to Ron and he wants this to be a jam up event. This is the same folks that did the trash fishing tournament last year. However, this year it is going to a ride for warriors and their families. They are looking for VENDORS and VOLUNTEER BOATS. Come out and show your support for those that have sacrificed for our country. All money collected will be donated to the Wounded Warriors. If you can make it out or if you want to donate items for the raffle please contact Ron. His info is on the attached flyer. :old_glory:
Attachments
WW Ride.jpg
WW Ride.jpg (156.45 KiB) Viewed 2124 times

woundedwarrior09
Southern Airboat Member

Re: 21 Sept. 2013 Wounded Warriors Event at Okee-Tantie Mari

Post by woundedwarrior09 » Tue May 14, 2013 8:31 pm

Thanks kenny for getting this on the site for me, I'm just not to computer smart. Let's go ya'll start letting me know your coming or if ya'll can get things donated please let me know or my Event Admistrator Brenna McWatters know soon as ya'll can. Again ya'll we did an awesome job last year raisingover $3000.00 for this event and I am hoping we can double that this year, but it will be because of ya'll who love and live to Ride & Slide that makes it happen. We cannot forget these great men and women who scarificed so much and above all those who made the ultimate scarifice.

SGT Ron Hill
FSCA Military Liaison
Marsh Rider Magazine Military Liaison
Wounded Warriors of South Florida Military Liaison
561-32-0002
woundedwarrior09@gmail.com

Brenna McWatters
FSCA Board of Directors
Wounded Warrior Event Administrator
561-723-9643
blmcwatters@yahoo.com

:old_glory: :usa: :proud: :salute:
:rolltide:

woundedwarrior09
Southern Airboat Member

Post by woundedwarrior09 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:08 pm

Just want to give a big thanks to Tom Blue outof Jupiter for the great donation to the event. Tom is buying all the shirts and hats, plus donating also to help out with nything we may need as well as bringing his boat out for the cause. On behalf of the FSCA and Okeechobee Airboat Association I say thanks Tom. :salute:

Also would like to say thanks to the Okeechobee Airboat Association again for partnering with the FSCA a 2nd year straight to make this a great event.

Also thanks to everyone that has contacted Brenna McWatters with your donations as well as myself.

Thanks to County Line Road Band from Loxahatchee that will be performing for the event as well as a 14 year old young lady that will be opening for them and donating all thier time.

Thanks to the Python Hunter who will be bringing his snakes out to the event to share with the children and others who would like to know more about them.

Thanks to Steve Whitlock, Dick kramer, Tom Krause, and Scotty Martin all who are artists that donatedall the artwork to be auctioned off. The pictures will be at the FSCA Banquet, FFA Banquet, and posted on facebook for bidding.

Wow it has really picked up with phone calls and emails justin the last hour, thank ya'll so very much.

Above all I want to thank the Florida Sportsmen's Conservation for letting me part of such a great organization and thier Military Liaison, without ya'lls awesome support of all the events that I have came to you about for military soldiers ya'll have stood 100% behind me no I mean beside me!!

woundedwarrior09
Southern Airboat Member

Post by woundedwarrior09 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:21 pm

Just got a call from Kenny Hughes owner of Lightheaded Lights, Kenny is donating a great gift for the event that any airboater would be happy to have. Kenny thank you again for the donation on behalf of the FSCA.

:proud: :usa: :salute: :old_glory:
:rolltide: :rolltide: :rolltide:

woundedwarrior09
Southern Airboat Member

Post by woundedwarrior09 » Mon May 20, 2013 3:38 am

All these reviews and no replies?????

:proud: :florida: :usa: :old_glory: :salute:

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Mon May 20, 2013 8:26 am

Sounds great ron! Holler if you need any prep help. Is this still a fish tournament? I see a band im just tryin to figure this out.

woundedwarrior09
Southern Airboat Member

Post by woundedwarrior09 » Thu May 23, 2013 3:55 am

Mike this is just a ride & slide vent just like the one we put on in the everglades, it is a fundraiser however. Also if any boat owners want to stay later and take some of the single soldiers out fishingthat is totally up to them. I personally would like to do some so I am hoping that someone will want to stay out later. Mike anyone that you might be able to help donate items for raffles please get them to do so, or if they just want to make a donation have them contact me so I can get them a tax reciept from the FSCA that also goes for any raffle items. I know you will be there brother and I appreciate it bud. Can't wait to start hearing from others about coming.

:proud: :old_glory: :usa: :florida: :salute:

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by PeaRiverOpossum » Thu May 23, 2013 9:56 am

I'm going to chime in and say that I want to be part of a night time gigging tournament if someone will get it going. Maybe we can have a little "tournament". I can take 4 on my boat.

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Thu May 23, 2013 10:35 am

I dont ride at night haha

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by PeaRiverOpossum » Thu May 23, 2013 10:40 am

Well I sure hope there are more than the 3 of us there!

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Thu May 23, 2013 11:26 am

Im sure there will be. If not hey throw up the shade tent and pull up next to the band. Comes to it we can take them out in turns. Few ww at a time

woundedwarrior09
Southern Airboat Member

Post by woundedwarrior09 » Fri May 24, 2013 12:54 am

Kenny and Mike thanks for the replies and the offer to help out I appreciate it. I have had some replies on facebook about people coming however sure would be nice to see them coming in on Southern Airboat as well, I know its early but this event the FSCA and I as well as Okeechobee AA are planning is hoping to be a big one so I have to do all this planning in advance. I know one thing sure glad Brenna McWatters stepped up to help me out. I know once it gets closer Bishop will get on the horn and def bring more boats in as well as if I have to make a call to Mr. Gerald. Thanks again guys.

:usa: :old_glory: :proud: :florida: :salute:

Quack Attack
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Quack Attack » Fri May 24, 2013 7:09 am

That weekend is probably going to be the Early Teal / Woodduck hunt and there should be a good amount of airboats on the lake. Here is a good way to add a little extra fun to the weekend.
Member: BCAHCC, PBCAHCC, FAA
Happy, Happy, Happy

papajack
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by papajack » Sat May 25, 2013 6:32 am

Hey Ron and Kenny, you know I will be there again this year! The look on the Airmans face last year when he experienced his first ever airboat ride and gigged his first frog were priceless. Also, gator hunting will still be going on at that time. If anyone drew that area of the lake they might take someone along to see that action..

bwright
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by bwright » Sat May 25, 2013 8:16 am

With the frogging or fish gigging tournament only the soldiers gets to go with a ride and slide the whole family gets to go! But there's nothing said that SA can't have some kind of frogging tournament after the ride and slide for those who are interested. Last year when things cool off and really got kicking it was time to go out on the water at night the tournament turned out to be a party crash! The ride in the Everglades with the whole family on the boat was unbelievable something FSCA really enjoyed seeing and realized they missed the boat.
Palm Beach open hull, full grass rake, conduit rigging, up stack I0540, swinging A Q series 72', single rudder / old school

"You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life"

Winston Churchill.

woundedwarrior09
Southern Airboat Member

Post by woundedwarrior09 » Sun May 26, 2013 12:29 am

Hey this goes out to everyone please read. If you want to have a little fishing tournament after the event I need to know. I would like it to be for only the single soldiers, veterans or wounded warriors, I don't think to mant boats could put 3 or 4 people on it. But I will leave it up to the boat owners. I have a lot of people asking about it and when I say people I mean the wounded warriors, veterans and soldiers. And hey if any boat owner is reading this if you want to take a veteran, soldier or wounded warrior out on your gator hunt if you got a tag please let me know I have a few wounded warriors knocking my door down to go on one!! Any duck hunters reading this if you a a blow boat and your not doing anything that afternoon I welcome you to come out and give these brave men and women some enjoyment. As for what Bishop said about the 2a ride it was a helluva day and they all cannot wait for the next one, but let's make the FSCA Annual Event another great one and a bigger one. This is a great lake that we can show off as well just like we did in 2a. please ya'll start spreading the word for me I need ya'lls help and if you know a vet, soldier or wounded warrior invite them, give them my number or email. AAgain also any donations for raffle items or just a monetary donation from your place of business or other organization please get them. This Wounded Warrior of South Florida is no joke, the money they make off fundraisers may come in quick, but believe me it leaves our organization quicker and I can attest to the help, they have helped replace my a/c sysytem, all my floors, and are working on getting my cabinets replaced all due to black mold and making my 2 yr old sick due to him having lung issues from being born premature. They get involved with the everyday life emergencies of Iraq/Afghanistan Wounded Warriors and make damn sure they are taken care of!!! Thnks again ya'll for the posts and let's start cracking this event wide open starting now.

:usa: :old_glory: :proud: :florida: :salute: :salute: :salute:

SGT Ron Hill FSCA Military Liaison
561-329-0002
woundedwarrior09@gmail.com

SEMPERFI77
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SEMPERFI77 » Mon May 27, 2013 10:29 am

MISSED THE ONE LAST YEAR WON'T MISS THIS ONE. NOT REAL FAMILIAR WITH THAT END OF THE LAKE. COUNT ME IN.

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Mon May 27, 2013 5:57 pm

Thanx for the 2a mention! I figure like last yr ill show up round noon and if anyone is unfamiliar with the area i can show you around a little. Ron as always holler if anything needed!

woundedwarrior09
Southern Airboat Member

Post by woundedwarrior09 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:25 am

Come on y'all over 500 views!!! I need some feed back on whose coming, anyone donating items, who wants to have a little night tournament. I am not begging anyone just asking for some help with this event.

:old_glory: :usa: :proud: :florida: :salute:

chasinbytes
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by chasinbytes » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:53 pm

I'll be able to let you know as it gets a bit closer I have a really full season of taking people out gator hunting so it depends on how I'm doing on filling tags and in what area if I will be able to go. I can schedule the guy with lake o north tags for that weekend . I'll also check with the owner to see if Action Labor will make a contribution again this year, and I'll see if I can snag a case of Koozies again in the promo items closet.

woundedwarrior09
Southern Airboat Member

Post by woundedwarrior09 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:41 am

Chasinbytes sounds great thank you for the reply and hey if you want to take a Warrior out hunting let me know I can get one for you.

:proud: :old_glory: :usa: :florida: :salute:

papajack
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by papajack » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:37 pm

BUMP...

Firmed up plans with peariveroppossum for our trip down. Looks like cooter69 is coming from Georgia with his boat too. Us north florida-georgia boats aint gonna be left out on this event. Last years gigging tourny was great, the oklawaha gator hunt was remarkable and this event should be over the top!

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by PeaRiverOpossum » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:54 pm

Bump...this is coming up soon! Hope to see ya'll there!

papajack
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by papajack » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:14 am

Bump, ten days and counting down.

Return to “Airboat Talk”