Big O gone

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Big O gone

Post by newoldglory »

Tomorrow is here today. Today I sold my partner of 10+ years. My partner helped me rebuild the Old Glory Camp AND the Chicken Coop Camp. Both camps are historical and are among the oldest, if not the oldest of camps in area 2A of the everglades. Big O has harvested as many frogs as any airboat that has ever run the everglades. Big O carried hundreds of loads of materials into the everglades to restore pieces of gladesman culture that may one day be swept under the rug by todays advanced civilization. Todays culture believes that the past culture should be found in history books and not in way of progress. Is this evolution in progress? Is this why we old folks are put in rest homes?, so that our children can evolve in the civilized world? Think about it. If they are held back because of us, then they lose ground, advancement, money, promotions that they need to just keep up with todays techknowlogy.
WOW!!! Talk about mental drifting. My apologies. :blackeye:
Big O is an airboat hull that is much lighter than many fiberglass hulls and is proven tough. It has served well and is nowhere near done for. It now has a new owner and with another power plant it will run the waters for many years to come. I've not lost a friend for I know it be around as long or longer than I. I'm proud to have owned the best. :cheers:

:proud: :old_glory: :usa: :florida: :rebel:
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.
dblj006
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Re: Big O gone

Post by dblj006 »

I'll second that. :cheers:
Broke.
BR549
Southern Airboat Member

Post by BR549 »

Sir,
If ya don't mind could you post a picture of Big O, I'd to see it. Looked in your gallery I believe I seen half of it. My hull is going thru a rebuild rightnow, but she is a 1967 model. And looking good, glad to have her
AIRBOATS are like a good pan of gravy, they make it all good.

GOD n Country
SEMPERFI77
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SEMPERFI77 »

WE DON'T STOP PLAYIN BECAUSE WE GET OLD, WE GET OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYIN. :old_glory:

Return to “Airboat Talk”