Vote SGT Ron Hill for Airboat Enthusiast

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
sapperblaster1987
Southern Airboat Member

Vote SGT Ron Hill for Airboat Enthusiast

Post by sapperblaster1987 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:42 am

I am friends with SGT Ron Hill, who lives in South Florida, I have served with him 10 yrs out of my 25 years of Army Military Service. We were stationed together in Iraq of 2009 when he got injured and man we lost a great leader when that happened!! I am glad to see he made through Walter Reed Hospital after 18 months of treatment and then another year of treatment at home. I have stayed in contact with him since then and he has been updating me on what he is doing for Wounded Warriors throughout Florida and not only Wounded Warriors, but Veterans, Active Duty, Reserves, Coast Guard, and National Guard soldiers. Wish I was back in Missouri right now and more than that back in the states on American soil, but duty calls here in Afghanistan. I ride to slide like y'all do back in Missouri when I'm not deployed, y'all do it in the swamps and marsh, I do it in the rivers and on the snow, I am hoping to be home after Christmas if all is willing and plan to come down to visit with SGT Hill and if it happens I am going to bring my boat down and hopefully get SGT Hill to hook me up with y'all to get out thre in those swamps if possible. I just got on Southern Airboat today, we haven't been able in my unit to use computers and use phones due to security lock down for the last few weeks. SGT Hill told me I should join Southern Airboat to se what's going on in the Air boat community down there. But really I hope y'all can recognize him somehow, I know and have talked to people at the Wounded Warrior Project and the Wounded Warriors of South Florida and have seen what a difference he is making by raising funds for Wounded Warriors and getting them out in the woods and on the water. He told me 4 Air Force Soldiers after going to a Trash Fish Tournament I believe y'all call it went out and boat airboats, that shows that those soldiers had a blast. It would be nice to see him recognized by his community somehow, I know by Congressman Rooney and West have both awarded him coins for his contributions as well as the Govenor of Alabama and Florida. Well I will retire for now gotta get out there in a bit for patrols. Hope all of you stay well and stay safe when out there ridin & slidin.

:proud: :old_glory: :salute:

clark-kentski
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: Vote SGT Ron Hill for Airboat Enthusiast

Post by clark-kentski » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:25 am

Welcome! :usa:

When there is no man fit to follow, a man must carve his own path.

jrlyles
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by jrlyles » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:08 am

I have to agree Ron has made a big impact with the Wounded warrior project and No soldier left behind and all the other stuff he brings to the table not to mention what a great guy he is.It would be nice to see him get some recognition for all he does for service men and women.Ron would get my support for sure.It is a shame that American people over look people like this but we make celebrities out of Idiot's and jerks.Just my thought's but we need more like him.
Junior Lyles
Volusia County Sportman's Conservation Association
Florida Airboat Association Member
Preach & lead singing at revival meetings on the side

happy harold
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by happy harold » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:30 am

X2

sapperblaster1987
Southern Airboat Member

Post by sapperblaster1987 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:17 pm

Hey y'all just back in from patrol and thankfully all went well. I'm glad to see y'all are agreeing on what I posted and thank you for welcoming me. I hope y'all can get others to vote for him. Let Mr Wright know. Thank you and Hooah. Fighting for our Freedoms and Rights y'all sleep tight tonight

pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by pipedog » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:23 pm

Welcome aboard :salute: and Ron is top notch :salute:
Palm Beach open hull 13'9" with 6.0 F.I. LS - Ox Box and a 3bld "R"

BenBad
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by BenBad » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:54 pm

sapperblaster1987,
My hat is off to you and everyone that is serving Or Has Served that includes SGT Ron Hill.
Next spring or summer when you are back in MO you have an invitation to come up to NE and boat on our rivers. I have a campground with a 5th wheel and you are welcome to stay there while you are up here.
Again here is one big THANK YOU.
Last edited by BenBad on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Powers
Omaha NE
http://www.yourtalkingnow.com/

sapperblaster1987
Southern Airboat Member

Post by sapperblaster1987 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:46 am

Thank y'all all for the welcome and invites, it is much appreciated. Man I can't believe all the views that my post has gotten and thank you to all who have replied, I really hope everyone that is viewing or posting has or will contact Mr. Wright about his post needing nominations. I see he posted he needed them by June 1st, I didn't know that this was even happening I was just browsing the site when I saw the post. Ron has talked much about Mr. bishop and Mr. Sommer and how they have mentored him in many ways since becoming friends with them after they took him on a Wounded Warrior gator hunt, and I tell ya what that is one helluva gator he got, we don't have them from where I live, but sure would like to one day hopefully when I get down to Florida to visit my old buddy we may be able to go out and do a little hunting. Well y'all again thanks for the welcomes and what y'all have said about Ron he is one person in my life I will always call my brother he has pulled me outta some jams before and if you asked him he would say it was the other way, thats just how he is. Y'all be safe and have a great weekend, I got your backs.
:proud: :old_glory: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:12 am

Sapperblaster1987; Ron has my vote and all you service troops around the world have my thanks and gratitude for helping keep the free world free.
Please tell the troops there with you that you are not forgotten and that we in the airboating community talk about you all the time.
I may not be able to do anything for you individually but I do support you as a whole.
Please know that I donate to the service families here at home and contribute to the veterans rides here in the glades.
Thank you for you're service and you're comments. :salute:

:proud: :old_glory: :usa: :florida: :rebel:
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

scottymartin
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by scottymartin » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:13 am

:salute: :salute: It is our honor to have the two of you !! I know Ron personaly, and feel blessed !! You and Ron are welcomed, at my table anytime !! Ron works just as hard now for the Warriors as he did, when he was serving !! :cheers:

:old_glory: THANK YOU !! :old_glory:
Little Bear 12' Scorpion w / O-360 200hp

SteveReid
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by SteveReid » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:02 pm

scottymartin wrote::salute: :salute: It is our honor to have the two of you !! I know Ron personaly, and feel blessed !! You and Ron are welcomed, at my table anytime !! Ron works just as hard now for the Warriors as he did, when he was serving !! :cheers:

:old_glory: THANK YOU !! :old_glory:
newoldglory wrote:Sapperblaster1987; Ron has my vote and all you service troops around the world have my thanks and gratitude for helping keep the free world free.
Please tell the troops there with you that you are not forgotten and that we in the airboating community talk about you all the time.
I may not be able to do anything for you individually but I do support you as a whole.
Please know that I donate to the service families here at home and contribute to the veterans rides here in the glades.
Thank you for you're service and you're comments. :salute:

:proud: :old_glory: :usa: :florida: :rebel:
X2

woundedwarrior09
Southern Airboat Member

Post by woundedwarrior09 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:39 am

Hey y'all thanks for all the great stuff y'all have said about me and SapperBlaster I mis you brother and sure am praying for your safety and safe return home, you will always be welcome at my table anywhere anytime!! Just letting everyone know I don't care if I ever get recognized for what I do, it's a passion that runs deep in my RED, White and Blue viens. I don't do it for me, I do it for my brothers and sisters in arms and for all those that have ever served. I will not stand for any Warrior to be forgotten or left behind. I thank all of you and y'all should be recognized for everything y'all have done to support me when I have called on the airboat community for help in supporting me with these events and I salute you and say thank you from my heart. And SapperBlaster was correct in what he said about Bishop Wright and Scott Sommer, they have been instrumental and full of wisdom and guidance and to you guys I really am thankful for friends like y'all. Again thanks for all the great posts and I sure look forward one day to have my own boat and Ride & Slide with y'all. Thanks for everything y'all have done to support these events as well.

SGT Ron Hill
FSCA Military Liasion
Marsh Rider Magazine Military Liaison

:old_glory: "Burn this FLAG and I will Stomp a mud hole in you the size of Texas"

:old_glory: :usa: :salute: :florida:
:rolltide:

highlife57
Southern Airboat Member

Post by highlife57 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:11 am

Hey man thanks for your and all who serve this great country. Amen to all that serve Thanks :old_glory: :old_glory:

Thanks, Tom.

MarshRider
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by MarshRider » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:15 pm

You certainly have Marsh Rider's vote.
We're proud to be associated with you and Wounded Warriors of South Florida.

We were pleased to shine a spotlight on you and all your efforts on behalf of all
veterans in our current edition.
Bonnie
FAA Corporate Member
TexasAirboatAssociation 099
NebraskaAirboatAssociation Life Member
NEVER GIVE UP!!
http://www.marshridermagazine.com

SteveReid
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by SteveReid » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:32 pm

MarshRider wrote:You certainly have Marsh Rider's vote.
We're proud to be associated with you and Wounded Warriors of South Florida.

We were pleased to shine a spotlight on you and all your efforts on behalf of all
veterans in our current edition.
Bonnie
X2 and thank you Bonnie for what you do, and to all Airboaters if you don't have a subscription to Marsh Rider, Shame on you!!!

Return to “Airboat Talk”