Possible Shipping for Boats/Products to Thunder at the Loup!

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by painterchic » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:30 pm

Hey Guys, I'm trying to put together a load of boats and products for people who want to ship them to Thunder at the Loup this year. My other half has a tractor and a 51' step deck trailer (flat-bed) that we can commission if we can pool all of our funds together to do it. What he is willing to do is this... Meet everyone in a central location and load everyone's stuff on the trailer, drive it to NB, arrive on Thursday before the weekend, wait for everyone to do their thing and then load it all back up on Monday to bring back to Florida to the same location and unload it. My goal is to save everyone time and money by doing this verses them taking their stuff out themselves individually. I have lined up someone to unload everything on the property of the event and then reload whatever comes back. It will all go under a single freight bill so the shipping would have to be paid for up front so his carrier can put it under their insurance (to my understanding that's how it would work anyway, if I find out differently, I'll post up)

At this point, we need to act fast so that I can make sure that we have everything lined up and no one backs out at the last minute... This will be on a first come, first serve basis, and charges will be split up according to the amount of deck space needed on the trailer.

Anyone interested, let me know ASAP!!!

This is in the planning stages and is in no way a definite until I can get enough people interested to cover the cost of the shipping... I want this to save everyone money and give everyone a chance to go out and have fun without the hassles of getting their stuff there... Vendors who are planning on going out, who want to ship products are welcome too, not just people wanting boats sent out!

So either post up, PM, or call me if you're interested in this, we need to know what we're doing by July 12th to make sure he's here to load when we're ready to go...

Tonia :smurfin:
Painterchic Custom Paint and Vinyl
607-345-9394
PainterchicVinyl@gmail.com

www.Painterchic.com
Tonia Painterchic Suarez on Facebook
Painterchic Vinyl on Facebook and Etsy
Skeeter Bug Gifts on Facebook

Prototype
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Possible Shipping for Boats/Products to Thunder at the L

Post by Prototype » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:57 pm

That's A Great IDEA!

I am just finishing up some mpg things with my f350 and my new mini. Airboats just plain suck the fuel regardless of torque on the interstate. I can pull a 6k gooseneck and a 12k machine cheaper than I can pull a mini airboat? Maybe I'll try my mini on my gooseneck next time.

Are you loading just boats or the trailers too?? and WHATS the deck height on that loboy. I kind of like my cage intact.

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by painterchic » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:05 pm

We're gonna load whatever will fit! The more we load the cheaper it'll be for everybody!
Here's a pic of the truck and trailer so you'll have an idea of what we're working with...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372380712.838504.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372380712.838504.jpg (147.76 KiB) Viewed 1628 times
The upper deck is 11' long by 8'6" wide and the lower deck is 40' long x 8'6" wide... The upper deck has a height of 5 feet and the lower deck is 3'3" high... So long as the boat/ trailer is under 10'3" high for the lower deck or 8'6" for the upper deck, we'll be fine... We have to stay under 13'6" total combined height.

As for taking trailers, yeah we can take them, but you're gonna be paying for more deck space than if we can just take the boat by itself, and you'll be having your boats dropped off right at the event site, so short of having to go for gas or to launch in another area, I'm really not sure that you'll need the trailer... Unless they've set it up differently since I was there two years ago... If anybody knows of any of those changes, please let me know so we can be prepared.

One thing to keep in mind is that we may be asking whoever is bringing boats to allow vendors to place products down in their hulls so we can fit more stuff on the trailer. I'm still working out the numbers with the carrier as to how much this is gonna cost altogether... But the one thing I do know is this, the more we pack on the trailer, the better off we'll all be $$ wise.
607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

Prototype
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Prototype » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:27 pm

Thanks!

I have been seeing those super huge/long rigs lately transporting the church arch beams on 75. I feel sorry for that one transporter that was stuck for a day at a rest stop because one big rig met another one and the whole interstate was closed. Lucky no rain and the wood arch was still good.

Your a bit high (feet and inches) for my rig to clear legal though. Still a great thought though. Dang fuel bill pulling rigs on the interstate still $$$k's

gatorsh1
Southern Airboat Member

Post by gatorsh1 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:06 pm

My dad owns a trucking company if you get that truck full and need another he might be interested in hauling a load also. His rig is same setup flat deck trailer. Let me know if your interested and ill talk to him.

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by painterchic » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:11 pm

Thanks guys for the posts... yeah I saw some really interesting stuff on the interstate last week when I was heading back down here from Upstate NY, one of the things I saw was a truck hauling who knows what that had 7 axles in the front of whatever they were hauling, and the another 9 axles behind it, with yet another tractor pushing it all! Never saw anything quite like it before...

We're definitely getting some interest from some guys about the possibility of hauling boats or parts or whatever out to NB, but its gonna take a mass effort to pull this thing off as far as paying for it... however what I've found out is everything that gets hauled WILL be covered under insurance through the carrier, and we have someone to unload and load everything on site in NB. So those are two rather large hurdles jumped.

I would really like to make this happen, I'm looking for an excuse to get me out there for the races!!! LOL (Ok, that's a bit selfish on my part, I know... :oops: ) But I know that anyone going from FL to NB specifically for this event is going to have some type of expenses that shipping stuff in one load could avoid... even if its just shipping vendor tents and totes full of products, it will save EVERYONE money if we do this right...

I spoke with Keith at GTO the other day and he told me last year they spent $1800 in fuel alone to haul two boats out and they came back empty! This is a round trip for those who don't sell all their products or who just want to take their boats out for a vacation and don't want to put the wear and tear on their own vehicles or the added stress of hauling stuff out that far... not just for those who are shipping stuff out... However, if that's what it would work out to be, we could arrange that as well most likely, but everyone would have to be on board for that, or would have to be willing to wait for Yancy to get a partial load back to FL to help with expenses, which could delay them getting their stuff back a bit... I'm just throwing out ideas here as to what can be done... but if we're gonna do it, we need to get on it, otherwise I'm not going to ask this favor of him to help us all out.

T :smurfin:
607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

SteveReid
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by SteveReid » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:41 pm

I would do it if I was going, if it did cost me more, its a long way to Ne. and you don't have any worries. Then I would fly out and rent a car, too easy lol.

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by painterchic » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:16 pm

That's what Keith and the boys are thinking at GTO... You can fly into Omaha and I think Grand Island too I believe and rent cars from either one...

607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

AV8R040
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by AV8R040 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:40 pm

painterchic wrote:That's what Keith and the boys are thinking at GTO... You can fly into Omaha and I think Grand Island too I believe and rent cars from either one...

You can fly into Omaha, Lincoln, Grand Island and Kearney Nebraska and rent a car and drive up. If you fly into Kearney or Grand Island you will be flying from Denver on small 19 seat planes. Wish I could go but I have other plans the same weekend.
Nugent/Palin 2016

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by painterchic » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:22 am

Well guys we're getting really close to having enough for a truck load to pull this off!! We're still looking for one more boat that wants to go out and whoever wants to sent out parts to Nebraska. If anybody knows of someone or a manufacturer that is planning on heading out that way or wants parts shipped, please have them contact me ASAP! Or send me their contact information and I'll give them a call next week... Remember the point of all this is to save everyone $$ on this venture, so the more we can pack on this truck the better off everyone will be.

Vendors wanting to send out products who have no one going out to this event, please get with me, I might have deal for you too!!! :D

607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by painterchic » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:35 pm

Bumping this to the top.... LAST WEEK TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!! Anybody interested PLEASE get in touch with me!! Still looking for vendors or people wanting parts shipped to finish loading this truck, we're ALMOST there, but we still need as much as we can get to save everyone $$$$!!!

Don't forget that any boat builders or people in NB can have parts shipped up as well, just don't order until we have this truck secured, I don't want to have someone back out at the last minute and ruin it for everyone involved...

607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by painterchic » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:51 pm

Well as much as I tried to pull this whole thing together so that everyone as a whole could save money on shipping, I have to suck it up and admit when I have failed... Found out about a bit of backstabbing today which truly makes me sad and more than a bit hurt, which has caused the collapse of this group effort.

I am still trying to go out to Thunder at the Loup, and my offer to take other vendors products out and put them in my booth for sale still stands should anyone want to take me up on it. Please PM me or call me and I'll give you the details of what I can do for you...

607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

Return to “Airboat Talk”