OFFICIAL HERO TRAIL RIDE OCT 26 THREAD!!!

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

OFFICIAL HERO TRAIL RIDE OCT 26 THREAD!!!

Postby Gas4blood » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:04 pm

Alright guys its time for me to start really pushing this. The event is to take out veterans active duty and their families for a day on the boats in area 2a. It is simply to show we thank them for their service. We want as many boats as possible to come to this great event. The plan is to head to either lox or stub ramp by 830 to leave with riders hopefully around 9-930. Sometime close to 1 everyone can gather at old glory camp to eat a free lunch and swap Airboat tall tales. I hope to have maps for out of toners and there will be locals to give small groups of boats a tour. Please come show the troops we thank them. We can't have too many boats as I hope to have this covered in multiple mags to send to the troops. Thanks for any help!

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Re: OFFICIAL HERO TRAIL RIDE OCT 26 THREAD!!!

Postby Gas4blood » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:51 pm

Thanks! Any last ideas let me know I'm trying to hammer this out

nomad41
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby nomad41 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:26 pm

Sorry going to miss that one. The Florida Airboat Association's quarterly meeting is that day. And we have elections at this meeting
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nomad41/
Treasurer FAA
Member:FAA, KRVSA ,IRCAA, FSCA

My old boat 14.5x8 Diamondback ,SBC Stroker,2.68 Stinger,Sensenich 82" R
Svcliche@yahoo.com

jimmyflfr
Southern Airboat Member

Postby jimmyflfr » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:49 pm

Count me in ill bring both boats and take as many as I can.

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:32 pm

Sounds good! No such thing as too many open seats as this is to show support and thank out troops.

overkill17
Southern Airboat Member

Postby overkill17 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:49 pm

Had a great time last year , Looks like I'll be there this year !!!!
Don't Follow Me You won't Make it !

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:11 pm

I'm getting trickle in calls and messages of people coming. Looking to line up good. Anybody wanna volunteer to hand stuff out at stub ramp just speak up hahaha

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:01 am

Hand it out at the very beginning at boat ramp. At 900 there shouldn't be anyone with us at ramps. Including any volunteers. I'll get the papers to old glory the day before like last yr

firefight-n
Southern Airboat Member

Postby firefight-n » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:32 pm

Where is area 2a??? Im in volusia county. Thanks :dontknow:

pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby pipedog » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:33 am

blackwaterairboats wrote:Gas4blood the wife and I will hand out the stuff at the Stub canal for you.

Hey Jason that will elimenate confusion at the ramp! That was a slight problem last year getting people organized and on boats. After that the event went very smooooth!
Palm Beach open hull 13'9" with 6.0 F.I. LS - Ox Box and a 3bld "R"

pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby pipedog » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:04 am

firefight-n wrote:Where is area 2a??? Im in volusia county. Thanks :dontknow:

Hey firefight-n 2a is in broward county west of Fort Lauderdale. It's a good drive from where your at, but I think it would be well worth the trip. It's a nice place to ride and some nice camps to see. It's also a small way to show our veterans some appreciation :thumbleft:

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:51 pm

Sorry Gator hunting all weekend. 2a is broward County. Thatd be awesome if yall can hand those out. Firefight if you've never been to the glades or an event this is the one. You'll get to see the camps and as far as stories go these guys tell the tallest. This is a great group of friends coming together to share a good time. It's really one of a kind.

beefx405
Southern Airboat Member

Postby beefx405 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:11 pm

Gonna try to make it out. I'll See if i can round up a few boats to head over.
11x7 Taylor 160 Lycoming 68" whisper tip

SpencerMullins
Southern Airboat Member

Postby SpencerMullins » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:46 pm

Count me in!!!
561-354-8054
Camp Ramblin' Rose
Bob "Koon Dawg" McDonald Grandson
15' Rivermaster 350 2.12 gear box 79" Wisper tip

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:47 pm

I can't wait. I saw a tropical depression thing on the news and flipped apparently is moving way east

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:26 pm

Good news everyone! I talked to No Warriors Left Behind and they're thinking they have 18 riders plus 3 family members ready to go. I was hoping to hear from some lone wolf vets too. If yall know any vet or active duty post it up. Any clubs groups people that just want to help post up here we would love the support. Probably gonna start running grocies next week any orders let us know. I'm still really trying to make this a group of friends taking a group of good people out.

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:57 pm

Hurricane isn't coming here. Let's do the dang thing haha

Batch
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Batch » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:21 pm

Well, if there is anyway I can be of help. I am willing to volunteer my time in anyway.

Last year at the Stub the things I saw as problems for me anyway was that I thought I was just taking people to and from the other parking area on the west side of 27. That turned out to not be needed. Then when Pipedog showed up with the waivers I had no idea I was going to be assigning riders to boats and getting waivers signed.

My advice is to get the arriving riders to sign the waivers and assigned to boats as they arrive based on the capacity of boats that are there. Last year we had a big crowd already and some people got a little touchy. But, after a little Kentucky windage we still got everyone on a boat.

Reading the after the event suggestions from last year is a decent way to see and avoid the minor problems.

http://www.southernairboat.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48947&start=375

The event was great last year and I am sure will be great again this year. Having Gerald and his family as the host camp ensures that!

pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby pipedog » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:53 pm

Hey Batch, good to hear from you! You did a great job last year! Blackwaterairboats is going to be at the stub canal this year. Talk to Mike (Gas4blood) and see if you could help out at Lox rd ramp, you would be a great help.

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Gas4blood » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:35 pm

Batch that is and always was the plan. It's difficult to execute perfectly. We are a group of friends. No real event organizers no real system. It's just an overall plan. We can only do with what we have and make the best of it. No one should be at Sawgrass or lyles. Both ramps are separate from tours on purpose. With this being our second try I have faith it'll go smoother.

pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby pipedog » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:37 pm

Gas4blood wrote:Batch that is and always was the plan. It's difficult to execute perfectly. We are a group of friends. No real event organizers no real system. It's just an overall plan. We can only do with what we have and make the best of it. No one should be at Sawgrass or lyles. Both ramps are separate from tours on purpose. With this being our second try I have faith it'll go smoother.

Are ALL the Hero's coming to Stub canal?

Batch
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Batch » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:59 pm

Gas4blood wrote:Batch that is and always was the plan. It's difficult to execute perfectly. We are a group of friends. No real event organizers no real system. It's just an overall plan. We can only do with what we have and make the best of it. No one should be at Sawgrass or lyles. Both ramps are separate from tours on purpose. With this being our second try I have faith it'll go smoother.

Understood Mike and as I said, I thought it went really good last year and I definitely had people coming up and saying what a good job you guys did!

I am sure this year will be even better for everyone. Really great cause and a pretty great group of friends y'all got!

Really just wanted to offer help in anyway. Even if it is just dropping off something like the tables to someone in advance. Coolers, banners or clip boards or whatever. If you need something just let me know.

Bob 954-562-8665

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby newoldglory » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:44 am

pipedog wrote:

Are ALL the Hero's coming to Stub canal?

No, Lox RD will be used, the first ramp is Lyles business, the second ramp is where we will meet but need to have most folks gone by 9:30AM when Lyle opens for business. We do not want to interfere with Lyles business.
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby newoldglory » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:47 am

Batch, good to hear from you again. I look forward to seeing every one again this year. :cheers:
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

Kpeterson
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Kpeterson » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:45 am

I'll be coming for the first time and have never been to the glades. I will be traveling down from Fort Myers, does anyone have a physical address to the ramps and suggestion as to which one I show up to? I'll be bringing 2 people, one of them served in the navy. If I have an open seat I'd be happy to take another rider, but I wont know until the day gets here. Thanks for any information.

Return to “Airboat Talk”