1st boat is finally finished

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Shippee123
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

1st boat is finally finished

Postby Shippee123 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:01 pm

Some time back I read someone post about building your own boat, his comment was to tell your wife and kids you will see them in six months. Well you were right on! I have truly enjoyed the time building this boat, well maybe not all the ones with the tubing bender, but I can say its been an awesome experience. I can't wait to take it out and learn how it drives now! Having a good friend with a boat and experience and the questions answered on this site were a great help.
Attachments
ready to ride.jpg
ready to ride.jpg (158.08 KiB) Viewed 1436 times
finished product of six months.jpg
finished product of six months.jpg (102.48 KiB) Viewed 1436 times
11'6"x7' Royal craft with a 0300a Continental swinging a 74"two blade Super Snapper

b_stoneking
Southern Airboat Member

Re: 1st boat is finally finished

Postby b_stoneking » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:17 pm

Congrats on the build! Looks good!
Brad

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Whitebear » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:44 pm

Looks great man. You are to be commended. Let me give a freebie here. Your all in one nav light up pn the front of the foot stand should be turned up side down and mounted UNDER the stand. Just take it apart and flip the red/green lens over to put them on the right (correct) sides. The time may come you want someone to ride on the front of the foot stand. Also you will find it less blinding under there when you re running at night.

That light is convenient being all in one but if you plan on frogging get the simple single red qand green separate lights an mount them way back behind you.

From the pic I can't see where your white light is but top of the cage is the usual location. Inside the cage makes the most sense for protection. Years back I know a kid got a ticket cause it wasn't on the highest part of the boat. Outside and on top. Poor location for protection in my opinion however.

You did well with the boat, have fun with it and learn slowly.
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

PAINKILLER
Southern Airboat Member

Postby PAINKILLER » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:58 pm

Looks good
Psalms 101:7 No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes.

Stewie
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby Stewie » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:27 am

Thats a nice looking rig!! Good jod hope she slides good for you :thumbleft: :old_glory: :rebel: :florida:

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Postby terrible ted » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:34 am

Whitebear wrote:Looks great man. You are to be commended. Let me give a freebie here. Your all in one nav light up pn the front of the foot stand should be turned up side down and mounted UNDER the stand. Just take it apart and flip the red/green lens over to put them on the right (correct) sides. The time may come you want someone to ride on the front of the foot stand. Also you will find it less blinding under there when you re running at night.

That light is convenient being all in one but if you plan on frogging get the simple single red qand green separate lights an mount them way back behind you.

From the pic I can't see where your white light is but top of the cage is the usual location. Inside the cage makes the most sense for protection. Years back I know a kid got a ticket cause it wasn't on the highest part of the boat. Outside and on top. Poor location for protection in my opinion however.

You did well with the boat, have fun with it and learn slowly.

yea 360 degree view on the white light.
Thats some large holes in that cage ducks will fly right thru

Shippee123
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby Shippee123 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:01 pm

Registration on as well as light, headed out in the morning to try it out!
Attachments
boat (2).jpg
boat (2).jpg (107.83 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
11'6"x7' Royal craft with a 0300a Continental swinging a 74"two blade Super Snapper

Shippee123
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby Shippee123 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Had a good day on the lake Monday, went to Lake George. Rode a little, did some adjusting to take out the porposing, and tightened up on the jack plates. rode up Juniper and headed back as the lake was getting rough. Got a long way to go but looking forward to getting used to my boat.

gatorfrog2
Southern Airboat Member

Postby gatorfrog2 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:24 pm

Cool boat. Great job. Ps. Did you happen to see any ducks on lk. George?:)..while sliding an looking out fir stumps. I seen a few stumps last year out in the middle. Scary. Cool lake though
Lycoming 0320H 3/4 alum. Custom deckover 69" Narrow Whispertip w/ SuperSlick2000

akblackdawg
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby akblackdawg » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:36 am

Good looking boat, nice that you built in the jacks with the seat stand, looks good and should work well. Bud
:alaska: If you ain't living on the edge, you're taking up to much space.

15x8 Alumatech hull, with enclosed cab, aluminum cage, LS 3, 6.2 aluminum block ffi, 2.7 Balistic Box, sensinich superwide 3 blade. Built for year around riding in Alaska

Shippee123
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby Shippee123 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:50 pm

Headed out for another day of getting used to my boat, hopefully it will be a calm day tomorrow.

Return to “Airboat Talk”