BLOWN 480 RIP

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
BlowInIt
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: BLOWN 480 RIP

Post by BlowInIt »

Danny was everything all have said above. He never let anyone go hungry, he would chase people down and walk the entire line of boats on a Thursday night to make sure everyone had ate. It wont be the same without you brother. RIP

Bronson

SWAMPWAMPUS
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SWAMPWAMPUS »

Are prayers are with the family. Sincerely Craig & Scotty Sommer

JT540
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by JT540 »

sorry to hear this. prayers sent to the family.
"THE MORE I LEARN ABOUT WOMEN THE MORE I LOVE MY AIRBOAT"

ptillman
Southern Airboat Member

Post by ptillman »

Sorry to hear this. I just met the man a few weeks ago. Seemed like a real nice man. My prayers to the family at their time of lose. I am sure from all the statements that he will be greatly missed. R.I.P. Brother....... :( :(
2014 14x8 JB Hull,421 SBC, Rotator 2.68:1, 82" NGR
12' Thurman, o470 angle valve, 72" WhirlWind Prop (SOLD)
13' Hamant, 383 Chevy, Blue Lightning Drive, 80" R 3 Blade (SOLD)

oldsdrive
Southern Airboat Member

Post by oldsdrive »

he was defenately a ledgend r.i.p prayers to the family

dusty burch
Southern Airboat Member

Post by dusty burch »

Sorry to hear this is a tragic loss for you and family he will be missed greatly by a lot of people

Airjack
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Airjack »

I don't know what we are going to do without you good friend. I had great times talking with you about any and everything at the Bluff on almost every Sunday for over 16 years. RIP...Bucketman.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/man-ki ... index.html
Going fast is only half the fun ... what you make go
fast is the other half.

rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Sad day...RIP Danny. Prayers to Dane & family.

Rick

CypressHunter
Southern Airboat Member

Post by CypressHunter »

I had the oppertunity to meet Danny on a few occaisions.... I have only been living in Brevard county for about a year and a half and when I needed help with my boat everyone told me to talk to him.... From the first time I talked to him I could tell he was a true airboater... The man had to make a dime but he would do everything he could to help you and he would do it right..... My thoughts and prayers go to his family
13' 6'' Cotton Mouth 220 GPU 70'' signature series

Quick Draw
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Quick Draw »

I never got the chance to meet him in person but talked to him on the phone a couple of times and he was very helpful guy that sounded like he would do anything to help out a fellow airboater. RIP Danny. Prayers sent to the family :old_glory:

blowinmoney
Southern Airboat Member

Post by blowinmoney »

Are prayers sent from my family to yours . My wife and me where at catfish yesterday heard the news
That a fellow air boater had the accident and told us about him . stay strong In these hard times

Blowinmoney one weekend at a time
Christmas river boat assocation :old_glory:

Dixiedog60
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Dixiedog60 »

Prayers for the family, Danny was always there to help any time I called him. His work was always first class too. RIP friend, you will be missed.
Freedom is Abridged by Silent Encroachment.---James Madison

apache220
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by apache220 »

R.I.P. Danny!!! prayers for the family I knew Danny and am proud to call him my friend . he always would jump in to help someone out or give you the advise on how to fix it.You will be greatly missed.SLIDE ON BROTHER AND GUIDE US IN OUR JOURNEYS TILL WE MEET AGAIN!!!!!!
13'6" apache with 220
volusia county sportsmans conservation association
MEMBER United Sportsman for Traditional Heritage

swampdragon
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by swampdragon »

RIP prayers sent to the family.

thirtysix420
Southern Airboat Member

Post by thirtysix420 »

Not a bad way to go out. Doin what you love.
388 stroker full roller 2.68 rotator wide gear 80" three blade ww whisper ex
14' alumatec 60" bottom

schmidtairboats
Southern Airboat Member

Post by schmidtairboats »

keeping the family in our prayers. Tom and Tracey Schmidt
The miracle of light pours over the green and brown expanse of saw grass and of water, shining and slowly moving, the grass and water that is the meaning and the central fact of the Everglades. It is a river of grass.

jrbass333
Southern Airboat Member

Post by jrbass333 »

i have not been on sa. in a while heard about this on the radio , checked on here just in case , what a tradgity , we have lost and airboat pioneer , dane , family , and airboat family sorry for your loss , prayers sent.

Cuda
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Cuda »

"Ey Boy" That's always the first thing he'd say to me when he saw me, probably the same for most of you other guys who knew him personally like myself. He guided me through my very first Lycoming rebuild. Gonna miss them "LONG" ;) conversations over beers in your shop!! Prayers out for the rest of the family. See you on the river Dayne. RIP-CYL Danny!!!

Cuda

pocketchange
Southern Airboat Member

Post by pocketchange »

HAMMERHEAD wrote:BLOWN 480 LOVED TO STIR IT UP ON THE INTERNET! DANNY OLIVER IN PERSON WAS ONE OF THE NICEST PEOPLE YOU WOULD EVER MEET! I ONCE TOLD DANE WE HAVE TWO COOL DADDY'S. PRAYERS SENT TO THE WHOLE OLIVER FAMILY!
Thats's funny you say that every time I think of Danny I think about all the funny we had shit talking on the the race forums. Me and jessejames would mess with Dane and Danny would get all up in the mix of it. We couldn't wait to see what he would write back. We would know if he was drinking the good soft because his spelling would go down hill as it got late. But at the end of every day he would help anyone. He was a good man. R.I.P. Danny

sseater
Southern Airboat Member

Post by sseater »

super sad... i only met Danny once but i know he was a good guy. wonder if we could get a big ride together in rememberance of him

Thunder200
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Thunder200 »

Bucketman meant the world to Maria and I. Took till now to stop crying. The river will not be the same without you. Crazy true story, I've only Known Danny for three years and Maria and I have been more impacted by his death than some of our own family members deaths. Just the kinda of guy he was. I could call him and talk to him about anything. He never once hid his trade secrets. Always willing to help. R.I. P. Bucketman There won't be a trip to the river that I won't keep thinking about you!!! Dane, if you or your mom need anything during these difficult times do not hesitate to call brother.

gblack15
Southern Airboat Member

Post by gblack15 »

RIP Brother, we are going to miss you as a friend an neighbor. Prayers to the family.

Swamp_Bitch
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Swamp_Bitch »

Saturday night I was talking to Danny and we were laughing about the dance music the young boaters were playing on the swamp...I said "the swamp is not what it use to be, we must be the ole timers out here now...but, we are still here". We both laughed and did a hi five....I didn't know he would be gone from us a few hours later. I've known Danny most of my life, remember when he married Debbie, when Dane was born. When we use to drive from Cocoa to Lake Harney to have airboat races in the 80's...have been a member with him in the St. Johns River Airboat Association. He loved everything associated with airboating and the swamp. He always greeted you with a smile. Rest In Peace my friend. You will be missed by so many on this earth....we will all be together to ride again one day.

AirHog
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by AirHog »

Awful news..... Should look at the site more often. What a great guy we have lost.... Dane so sorry man.....

Be careful riding at night.... If it can happen to Danny it can happen to anybody

AirHog
Bad decisions make good stories!
Citrus County Airboat Alliance Member

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Post by terrible ted »

My prayers to the family.

Return to “Airboat Talk”