Thanks Gerald.....I owe you one!!!

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
TheElevatorGuy
Southern Airboat Member

Thanks Gerald.....I owe you one!!!

Post by TheElevatorGuy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:07 pm

Prior to last year my wife could take it or leave it when it came to anything involving an airboat......she's been out a few times and that was it..........then I talked he into coming out and camping with the rest of the airboat friends of mine that she knows and she went with it........well like an idiot I took her for a wild scary ride that night and she has been terrified of even looking at my boat in my yard.........she got so mad she wanted me to sell it :lol: its been a year now and she had a friend visiting from PA last weekend........the friend wanted to go out on the boat so my wife sucked it up and the 3 of us went on Sunday evening, visited a few camps and eventually made it to Old Glory......we took some awesome sun set pics from Gerald's 3rd deck, the observation deck, head a great time and then motored on back to the landing! The PA friend said it was much more than she expected!

Well today I'm doing my thing, working on machinery, and I get a text from my wife......."Hey, lets take a ride out to Gerald's Saturday and pack a lunch!"

I had to read it a few times due to the sudden state of shock I was in...........she said it like as if nothing had ever happened in the past and then her next text said yes, this is your wife!!!!!!!!

Gerald I don't know what you did.......or what spell your camp put on her but I can't definitely get used to this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Gerald :salute: :cheers: :thumbleft:

Jason

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: Thanks Gerald.....I owe you one!!!

Post by newoldglory » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:10 pm

TheElevatorGuy wrote:Prior to last year my wife could take it or leave it when it came to anything involving an airboat......she's been out a few times and that was it..........then I talked he into coming out and camping with the rest of the airboat friends of mine that she knows and she went with it........well like an idiot I took her for a wild scary ride that night and she has been terrified of even looking at my boat in my yard.........she got so mad she wanted me to sell it :lol: its been a year now and she had a friend visiting from PA last weekend........the friend wanted to go out on the boat so my wife sucked it up and the 3 of us went on Sunday evening, visited a few camps and eventually made it to Old Glory......we took some awesome sun set pics from Gerald's 3rd deck, the observation deck, head a great time and then motored on back to the landing! The PA friend said it was much more than she expected!

Well today I'm doing my thing, working on machinery, and I get a text from my wife......."Hey, lets take a ride out to Gerald's Saturday and pack a lunch!"

I had to read it a few times due to the sudden state of shock I was in...........she said it like as if nothing had ever happened in the past and then her next text said yes, this is your wife!!!!!!!!

Gerald I don't know what you did.......or what spell your camp put on her but I can't definitely get used to this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason
Maybe it's not me nor the camp. It could be you that she is impressed with. :toothy7: :cheers:
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

:)
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by :) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:25 pm

Gerald, i think alot of folks in ur position take it for granted.. you get a couple of us city folk out there to a place like urs it could change Perspectives on alot of things.. hope to c it myself someday. Im sure the pics do it no justice.

Not that u take it for granted, just folks in general..
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:29 pm

Gerald just did me a huge favor as well. Helluva guy!

TheElevatorGuy
Southern Airboat Member

Post by TheElevatorGuy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:43 pm

newoldglory wrote:
TheElevatorGuy wrote:Prior to last year my wife could take it or leave it when it came to anything involving an airboat......she's been out a few times and that was it..........then I talked he into coming out and camping with the rest of the airboat friends of mine that she knows and she went with it........well like an idiot I took her for a wild scary ride that night and she has been terrified of even looking at my boat in my yard.........she got so mad she wanted me to sell it :lol: its been a year now and she had a friend visiting from PA last weekend........the friend wanted to go out on the boat so my wife sucked it up and the 3 of us went on Sunday evening, visited a few camps and eventually made it to Old Glory......we took some awesome sun set pics from Gerald's 3rd deck, the observation deck, head a great time and then motored on back to the landing! The PA friend said it was much more than she expected!

Jason
Maybe it's not me nor the camp. It could be you that she is impressed with. :toothy7: :cheers:

I just asked her and she said it is YOU :scratch:

rjfjr
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by rjfjr » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:04 pm

i hope to get there my self someday but i think i will leave the wife at home i dont want her under geralds spell :lol: :lol: :rebel:

SteveReid
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by SteveReid » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:20 pm

rjfjr wrote:i hope to get there my self someday but i think i will leave the wife at home i dont want her under geralds spell :lol: :lol: :rebel:
He has that effect on the Lady's..

pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by pipedog » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:48 pm

Gerald said my wife was the screwinest woman he ever met :shock: ...after she screwed down all the deck boards we put in place :lol:
Palm Beach open hull 13'9" with 6.0 F.I. LS - Ox Box and a 3bld "R"

rjfjr
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by rjfjr » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:08 pm

he will love my wife then she has screwed everything from steel roofing to subflooring she is a screwing machine :bounce: :bounce:

Cowboy Rock
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by Cowboy Rock » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:31 pm

Old men RULE !!! lol

:drunken: :rebel: :old_glory:

Cowboy r
Wet Dreams Too,,,

14 ft. Panther,,, 370ci SBC, 72 in Whirlwind Whispertip, Line-X-350 X bottom,,,

"Full bloodied Dog hunting man"

Dry Branch, Ga.

Thats how I roll,,,

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:06 am

Good to hear, Jason. We'll have to get the ladies together for a ride. My wife is working this weekend but we'll get together soon!
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

Return to “Airboat Talk”