Who got lost today??

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
jonstar
Southern Airboat Member

Who got lost today??

Post by jonstar »

12'6" Diamondback 350 SBC Direct Drive

white boy
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Who got lost today??

Post by white boy »

The sad part is if you don't know your way around the glades then stay out of the glades or by GPS ! :thumbleft: :usa:

broncobill
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by broncobill »

I saw all the action at the ramp when we returned. Didn't know what had happened. It is easy to get lost even with a GPS but with a GPS you can at least know which way to go even if the terrain won't allow it. 2 1/2 hour search on the tax payers dollar?

stroked470
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by stroked470 »

Absolutely amazes me the stupidity of people. These are the kind of guys that have no buisness owning an airboat. I have been turned around down there so many times I cant count it but I always made it back to camp or the truck. Here is a simple way to navigate down there....if you put in at I-75, that is north of any spot you may be so head north until you hit the canal and run to your truck. If you are in the cypress you are to far to the west and need to run east towards the sawgrass. Always have a compass in your dry box so you can atleast find your direction, if you dont have a compass "look up" there are freaking airplanes showing you a south easterly course towards miami all day so you can base a direction off of that. These are basic common sense and common knowledge things that everyone down there knows. Everyone these days wants to navigate using a GPS, screw that...what if it goes out??? What are you gonna do then? If you cant find your way around without using that GPS then you are no better than these guys. I personally think they should have left them out there a day or two, might give them a better respect for them woods and maybe they will be better prepared. I

lyc200
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by lyc200 »

Your never lost if you got fuel!

Bubba
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Bubba »

Thats why I go to the grass is to get lost!!
FLIRTIN WITH DISASTER

BR549
Southern Airboat Member

Post by BR549 »

Exactly, that's why I climb on mine is to get lost.

I try not to judge anybody but after reading the article its hard not to, 4 people most likely 4 cellphones they had service they made a call, daylight, fuel in the tank, nobody hurt. Sounds like somebody got scared, lost control of the situation.

And no Common Sense.
AIRBOATS are like a good pan of gravy, they make it all good.

GOD n Country

OTTER
Southern Airboat Member

Post by OTTER »

Well Bout every cell phone i've seen lately has some sort of GPS program on it.
Hell Google Earth will point you out.
After dark wait for the pole lights along the alley to light up and head for them..
Nobody pays much attention to the Hi power lines or radio antenna towers anymore - Flashing RED light -- DUH ?

At least no one was hurt and it was only 2K in jet A and Premium Gas plus the salary for the 3 FF/PM on the Boat and the Pilot and 2 Flight medics.

Browards Finest !!! :salute: :old_glory:

Return to “Airboat Talk”