Florence Backtrail

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
calbrigsr
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Florence Backtrail

Post by calbrigsr »

Is there water in the back trail from Florence to Middle River?
Chuck S.J.R.A.A.
11'6 Charlie Jones, FI S/V 0540, 5 Blade 72" Warpdrive.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
CypressHunter
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Florence Backtrail

Post by CypressHunter »

Ran it before Christmas and damn near go thrown out of my seat in a few spots with black mud.... Not sure if it has gone up at all since then
13' 6'' Cotton Mouth 220 GPU 70'' signature series
pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by pontoon outlaw »

yes there is, some mud spots a few bumps in the beginning but, after that smooth sliding, I was out there Sat with the ole junker Caddy :stirpot: and no prob, anything beats the guanlet of kicker boats coming from Poinsett JMO :thumbleft:
terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Post by terrible ted »

ok last year another air boater told me I be puddle jumping on it. It was bone dry I know because I ran the whole thing with my wife and friend on board.
So I saying you better to look for yourself
calbrigsr
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by calbrigsr »

Bump
Chuck S.J.R.A.A.
11'6 Charlie Jones, FI S/V 0540, 5 Blade 72" Warpdrive.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by pontoon outlaw »

:cheers: ran it sat and sun plenty of water, just a few humps and bumps, easy riding for sure just take it slow, around those blind corners
SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 »

Outlaw you run what you got and just bring along a few friends to push! The old junkyard Caddy can only do so much, probably running on 7 cylinders. :stirpot:
Southern Style
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Southern Style »

Boy, I will tell u one thing.. Just to the north of Moccasin Island (east side) where the land bumps out a little.. There is a quick (maybe 15 foot) of dry ground instead of going around the tip... The wife and I hit that on Saturday and the dang boat grabbed, went sideways, flipped and rerolled over onto the left side of hull and bout threw both of us out!! I was leaning on the steering stick so hard that I bent it outward about 2 feet !!! Dang near to the T Rail on the side of the boat!!!! Had she not been holding on with both hands (because she had to pee and she was lifting her butt off the seat due to the chop and bumps of the water) I would have ran her lil cute butt over!!!! Man, I had to stop and take a breather and apologize over and over. LOL... Phew... Goes to show, that lil black mud, that we slide over every day, one day will turn into a dang small mud tussock!!! That dang thing is dangerous.. Now I see why everyone else drives around that lil tip of land.. LOL.. Y'all be safe out there. Had a beautiful run Saturday. Left Lake Washington about 10am, drove all the way to the OakHead and into Lake Winder and kept going 1/2 way up the main river to Lake Pointsett before I stopped. That temperature gauge NEVER MOVED TIL I STOPPED AT LAKE POINTSETT !!! Man, it was an awesome ride. Got to Lone Cabbage at 11:15am... Only 1 hour 15 min with a small stop in the middle.. Left Lone Cabbage at 3:30 and stopped 3 times on the way back and got back to Lake Washington at sundown. What a ride !!!!!!! Will see ya at the Movie Night at the OakHead on Saturday... First time I rode the boat since late August before hunting season...

Be safe..
DONT ARGUE WITH STUPIDITY...THEY WILL JUST DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.....
KRVSA Member
SJRAA Member
KCCO
pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by pontoon outlaw »

:lol: Swamp your killing me, you know I have limits, ran from the pontoon to the hill at flourence on 6 cylinders the first time I blew the Caddy up, 4 years on an ole junker finally found my limit :bounce: Southern that's why I take her slow on the approach to the mud, don't want to throw the misses out, might not get want I want for the weekend :stirpot: glad your okay just a little pride hurt :thumbleft: I will say the Camps are drying up way more than last year :scratch: had to run the tree line to get to pontoon camp, oh well a small price to pay to get to heaven :dontknow:
Oilfield Trash
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Oilfield Trash »

Put in there yesterday. When I was getting back on the trailer cast netter guy offered me some tilapia and then told me a truck and trailer was stole out there last week. I asked him if it was another airboater and he said it was a jon boat. Either way just wanted y'all to know if ya didn't already.
pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by pontoon outlaw »

:thumbleft: thanks for the heads up OT would like to make a trap for that stinking Rat that would steal from us and make it die a slow painfull death :violent1: :usa:
Oilfield Trash
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Oilfield Trash »

Broad daylight too.... And ya I agree pontoon!
pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by pontoon outlaw »

:banghead: broad daylite don't matter to a POS they broke the door handle off my truck to get in and didn't take nothing, it was a Sat at 10 am but the alarm that went off may have spooked them, I want to have my 9 MM at the time I catch them and make it an alarm sounding in their head for sure
terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Post by terrible ted »

Outlaw whats been happening I have not had the time go out there and hunt yet but i am hopping to.
pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by pontoon outlaw »

:dontknow: not much Ted, haven't heard of anyone killing anything this year :scratch: I walk those woods every weekend and I not seen nothing, their was a bunch down at Davis Palms during Dog Days but, don't know what they got
SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 »

Rain here for two days! Real light
Last edited by SWAMPHUNTER45 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by pontoon outlaw »

:stirpot: well well well, it's benn raining for darn near 2 days :cheers: I am betting there is enough water in that mean ole back trail :lol: heck it might save me a gallon of gas, it's going to be slicker than goose s##t for all to enjoy :salute:
Packman
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Packman »

Boys don't forget the big Movie night at the oak head ,SJRAA and The Melbourne club will be setting it up this Saturday night , all are welcome so come on out for the movie and good food . Bring a side dish if you want .
Swamp nugget, Your four banger bud
SJRAA VP
Southern Style
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Southern Style »

PacMan... Me and the wife are fishin' Saturday during the day and headed back to Lk. Washington boat ramp at 4pm to help Doug Holly transport all the movie gear to the OakHead.. Was not sure if there was enough of a turnout for munchies being available that night.. Is it BYOF? LOL.. (Bring Your Own Food) Don't matter, didn't wanna drag a grill out there if something was gonna already be there.. I missed that last meeting at Lone Cabbage (in Ga) so not sure..

Thanks for the info..
DONT ARGUE WITH STUPIDITY...THEY WILL JUST DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.....
KRVSA Member
SJRAA Member
KCCO
terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Post by terrible ted »

pontoon outlaw wrote::dontknow: not much Ted, haven't heard of anyone killing anything this year :scratch: I walk those woods every weekend and I not seen nothing, their was a bunch down at Davis Palms during Dog Days but, don't know what they got

I was thinking at the boat ramp whos screwing around and when. I hate a thief.
harley
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by harley »

A thief is like a rattle snake :evil: the only good one is a dead one. :evil:
14x8 Diamondback / SBC Power.

"ALL THROTTLE NO BOTTLE"
terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Post by terrible ted »

Well I say fried a little butter salt and pepper.
Packman
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Packman »

Oh the back trail is open now boys, 4 miles of dew covered bliss. But did I say no water yet. It could not have been a better night. Just enough room for the Swamp Nugget to have one of the nicest hill rides of the year.
terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Post by terrible ted »

How thw water now it raining every day it has to be up some?
diamondback0320
Southern Airboat Member

Post by diamondback0320 »

plenty of water Ted

Return to “Airboat Talk”