Sliding around Bushnell/Floral City area

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Orion
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Sliding around Bushnell/Floral City area

Post by Orion »

Was wondering where the best place is to put in for exploring/fishing in the Withlacoochee River up around Bushnell or Floral City. http://www.southernairboat.com/phpBB3/p ... e=post&f=2# Saw a boat ramp today off of CR 44; wondered how far south you could go before hitting a low bridge or other obstruction. http://www.southernairboat.com/phpBB3/p ... t&f=2#Also, anyone selling avgas in that area? Thanks!! :fishing http://www.southernairboat.com/phpBB3/p ... e=post&f=2#
Spent most of my money on women and rum; the rest I just wasted.

Diamondback 13'6"
Lycoming 0-540

swiftboot
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Sliding around Bushnell/Floral City area

Post by swiftboot »

Lotsa good riding on the river, av gas at hiway 44 and 470 and at the store by the outlet in lake panasoffkee on 470. Put in at marsh bend park on the outlet, go to river and go north or south, south is flying eagle and miles of trail riding, google map flying eagle.

Orion
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Orion »

Thanks for the info.!! From the maps, looks like if I go west from the lake, I need to go under CR 470 to get to the river. Is the bridge tall enough to fit?? If I go north on the river, I hit route 44; is this a high enough bridge also? Thanks for the help! :scratch: :florida:
Spent most of my money on women and rum; the rest I just wasted.

Diamondback 13'6"
Lycoming 0-540

junglecat
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by junglecat »

You can't go east toward Lake Pan (hwy 470). bridge too low , the river you can run as far as you want. There is airboat slide , at Wysong Dam if you go south but shouldn't be a problem if boat will run hill.
Last edited by junglecat on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jungle Cat2 2012 Panther Thunder 14'x7'9"/ LiL John Rigging
Larry Smith built 427 SBC
2.68 Ox Box
82" 3 blade R
Citrus County Airboat Alliance Member

mixedbag
Southern Airboat Member

Post by mixedbag »

With as low as the water has been none of the bridges should be a problem, a couple of weeks ago ran from Duval island to Race track island was a lot of dry areas, but still rideable.
RAGE IN A CAGE

ls1airboat
Southern Airboat Member

Post by ls1airboat »

mixedbag wrote:With as low as the water has been none of the bridges should be a problem, a couple of weeks ago ran from Duval island to Race track island was a lot of dry areas, but still rideable.
...i just rode the river to sleepy hallow. by flyin eagle..no problem with the bridge..

Return to “Airboat Talk”