Lake Harney Questions

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Lake Harney Questions

Post by digginfool » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:00 pm

I finally went on Google Earth to see what the deal was with Lake Harney. Obviously, to the south, is some very good airboating. What about to the north? How far can you go before airboats are no longer welcome? What about the lake itself? Looks similar to KCOL but appears to be quite a few docks and abandoned docks. Just wondering if it is worth traveling to and where the best place to stay is. I've got a motor home.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

Cmcintosh721
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Lake Harney Questions

Post by Cmcintosh721 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:28 pm

There is no airboat restrictions either way north or south of lk harney but south is nice riding north not so much just deep water river riding there is a big rope swing hang out area north of harney that a lot of people go to on the wkends but as the riding not very good

Hog Guts
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Hog Guts » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:54 pm

Just ride south it's worth a day or weekend lots of skinny water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRACKERSTYLE
Southern Airboat Member

Post by CRACKERSTYLE » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:29 pm

With a motor home then I would stay @ Loughman Lake Lodge. They haveRV hook ups.
Then you could ride North towards Harney. About an hour ride.
Great area to ride south and north
John 3:16

swamp rat70
Southern Airboat Member

Post by swamp rat70 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:53 pm

that is my back yard and ride there all the time , with water up its great riding a little bit of everything , you have puzzle lake and the econ on one side of 46. then you can go north to harney and north on st johns to snake creek and lots of area up there to jesup where there a nice place black hammock fish camp to stop to eat and drink . lots of little places to stop . would agree loughmens is the best place to stay for weekend its right in middle of everything. i would have to say one the nicest sliding around right now with water up over the cow pastures.
BBC 502 ch3 2;1 whirlwind 76 stump puller 3 blade 16' laser with walk arounds .

JCGator
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by JCGator » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:10 am

whats the deal with gopher slough? can you access this? :fishing
10'6" Taylor Hull. Lycoming 170 hp - O-320 w/ 480 AV jugs

:)
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by :) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:20 pm

Diggin just stay at laughmans. Great place, u can eat sleep and drink all in one place.. And too boot it's some of the best airboat country in the country IMO. If u look at Google again, anything from hwy 50 to hwy 46 is awesome.. I promise a weekend is not enough to enjoy it all. Hook up with one of the local guys to pal up with. Lots of trails and back country to see. Bears bluff is one of my all time favorite places. I pretty much grew up on that little island.. When u going? Bout time for me to take a trip home..
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

:)
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by :) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:21 pm

Laughmans also has some rooms. Make reservations though, they only have like 4-6 rooms. I believe the feller from Diamondback owns it too
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:29 pm

Not really sure when I'm going but definitely while the water is still up. I keep my motorhome at River Ranch so it wouldn't be hard to unhook and head on up. Plus, my brother lives in T'ville and I've been promising him to bring my airboat up his way anyway. I'm thinking around the end of September. Too much going on to get up there before then.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

yobee
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by yobee » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:41 pm

Come soon, water is high, definitely worth a weekend at loughman!
Life is great, without it you'd be dead.
Volusia County Sportsmen's Conservation Association Member
http://lakeokeechobeeairboatassociation.org/
Continental powered Performance hull.

Return to “Airboat Talk”