2014 HEROES TRAIL RIDE IN 2A

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

2014 HEROES TRAIL RIDE IN 2A

Post by Gas4blood » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:25 pm

Starting to gather up boats, riders, food, and plain ol good timers. We are doing the Ride OCTOBER 25 THE LAST SATURDAY OF OCT! As before everything is free. We will provide lunch for captains and riders. If your part of a club or are in contact with veterans groups please contact us, the more boats and people the better. We will try to leave ramps around 830-9am and return around 2-4. Its a great time to say thanks to those who gave all they could for us.
Mike 5613013108

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: 2014 HEROES TRAIL RIDE IN 2A

Post by newoldglory » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:21 pm

Thanks Mike; as I said on the phone, Douggie and I had talked about this last night and low and behold , you call today for that same reason. The same thing happened last year when Skinnypockets and I had talked about the Hero's ride in the evening and you called me the next day. It would seam that you and I have a brain "link" that activates at that time of year.
Two years ago, YOU (Mike Strocke) wanted to do a special event to honor "ANY" service personell and/or veteran that had served America to help preserve the freedom that we all enjoy today. I volunteered myself and Camp Old Glory to host the main event. That being the "first of it's kind in area 2A south Florida), many folks bailed IN to be a part of honoring the veterans that survived the wars and returned home only to be trampled in paper work by the very government that sent them out to be killed in the name of politics.
The first event went off very well. Approximately 62 air boats and 65 veterans with families. Every one wanted to be a part of such a great event to honor the people that helped to preserve the freedom that we all enjoy today.
HOW QUICKLY WE FORGET. You forgot that you're best friend loaned you $50- 8 years ago, and you're second best friend got out of bed at 3:30 in the morning to go pull you out of a mud hole that you got stuck in while trying to get that lovely young chick to go skinny dipping in a pond off 45th street. But how do you forget that people gave years of their lives to give you the freedom to do all these things?
The second event did not go as well. We got thru it, but we had a supporter that backed out on us that we had not expected. Then of course there was a club that did not support this event because they had an event coming up the next weekend and they had to conserve fuel for a big party. Well guess what; I have an alligator that needs to go to the vet on that weekend and he will have to take Advil and suck baby food through a straw till I have time after this event. WE don't have many REAL Americans left. Most of what we have are ungratefull immigrants that believe that the world owes them a living.
I don't know what will come this year but I can tell you that I will be a big part of this event because I thank my brothers and sisters for the freedom that I live through every day. Hopefully, the egg suckers will get rotten eggs.
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:29 am

A huge thanks to SPORTSMAN GOLD they have agreed to help out again this yr. Mr. Reid has also made contact about helping. This should be the easiest most straight forward way anyone can easily say thanks. These guys deserve a nice day out with families. Airboaters have always been a community no its time to serve that community.

dougeey
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by dougeey » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:22 pm

Seem like this needed to be put back on top of the list !!! Likes help the ones we can !!!
Doug

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:00 pm

I plan to go to some club meeting this or next month. As always we just need boats to show up. Lots of boats lol

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:07 am

I wish to thank Brett, Bruce, Jim and a few others that bailed us out last year. We barely had enough boats but then we barely had enough veterans also. This year we know that we do not have the inside help from a few years ago but we will locate more contacts. I'm pulling up my records to start this years event and whether it be a few or many, this will be a BEST event for the BEST cause. I expect many volunteers to hold out till the time nears (normal) but I believe that the local air boat community WILL come together when the time comes. I already have many volunteers but we can't have too many (the more the better). I will contact my contact with the helicopter to take aerial photos at lunch time and those photos will be put on a disk along with the ground photos and videos to be presented to the veteran families that attend the day's event. Extra disks will be available to the volunteers also. :cheers:

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

SpencerMullins
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SpencerMullins » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:50 pm

I'll be coming again this year!!!! I talked to Mike (gas for blood), about supplies, i believe i'll be getting the hot dog buns. Please contact Mike, Gerold or myself if anyone can help out with supplies. 561-354-8054
Thanks everyone,
Spencer :proud: :usa:
Camp Ramblin' Rose
Bob "Koon Dawg" McDonald Grandson
15' Rivermaster 350 2.12 gear box 79" Wisper tip

skinnypockets
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by skinnypockets » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:28 pm

Gas4blood wrote:Starting to gather up boats, riders, food, and plain ol good timers. We are doing the Ride OCTOBER 25 THE LAST SATURDAY OF OCT! As before everything is free. We will provide lunch for captains and riders. If your part of a club or are in contact with veterans groups please contact us, the more boats and people the better. We will try to leave ramps around 830-9am and return around 2-4. Its a great time to say thanks to those who gave all they could for us.
Mike 5613013108
Mike, Is this date definite? If it is, need to get it on the S/A calendar.
:rebel: :florida: :old_glory:
I'VE DONE SO MUCH WITH SO LITTLE FOR SO LONG, I CAN DO ANYTHING WITH NOTHING!

13.6 Alumitec, 350 Chevy, Rotator Gearbox and 6 Blade Warp Drive

OLD MAN JONES
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by OLD MAN JONES » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:01 pm

COUNT ME IN !

As always, I will gladly participate and donate . Please let me know what items are needed.
LIVING FOR THE FUTURE OF OUR EVERGLADES..
WWW.MACKSFISHCAMP.COM A traditional cultural Gladesman property.

OLD MAN JONES
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by OLD MAN JONES » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:12 pm

COUNT ME IN !

As always, I will gladly participate and donate . Please let me know what items are needed.
LIVING FOR THE FUTURE OF OUR EVERGLADES..
WWW.MACKSFISHCAMP.COM A traditional cultural Gladesman property.

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:52 pm

Old man jones you want to take on side dishes for lunch or paperware and trash bags? If thats the case we should upgrade from hot dogs as the base. I tried to message fsca i could help them buy 2 more butts or something.

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:53 pm

As far as the date it should normally be the last sat of oct until thats halloween then itll be sunday i would think

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:10 pm

I just dont want this to get to far down. Please we need boats to show. This is always a good time.

dougeey
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by dougeey » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:21 pm

Are there more important things to do or talk about then those who gave part of there life so we enjoy are ways of life?
Doug

dougeey
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by dougeey » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:21 pm

Are there more important things to do or talk about then those who gave part of there life so we enjoy are ways of life?
Doug

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:50 pm

Thanks dougeey we have just about everything lining up except for a lot of calls sayin boats are coming. Its ok still over a month off. Ill keep this close to the top most of oct

MarshRider
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by MarshRider » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:38 pm

It's important for anyone who can lend a boat or a volunteer hand to help out with this event.
I can assure you, you will come away with a great feeling of satisfaction from getting to know the
veterans and their families that attend.
PLEASE don't wait until the last minute to let gasforblood(Mike) or OldGlory(Gerald) know you have a boat and
it will seat _____ number of folks.
See you there!
Bonnie
FAA Corporate Member
TexasAirboatAssociation 099
NebraskaAirboatAssociation Life Member
NEVER GIVE UP!!
http://www.marshridermagazine.com

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:33 pm

We need veterans. Who has contacts that can help line up veterans for the ride? Chrissie, do you have ideas that you are working on? How about any one that works with veterans groups that can help us put all this together? Our first ride was a huge success and we can do this again.

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:31 pm

Ive talked to rob already his group of 10-20 should be coming. Ill talk to him tomorrow to verify

Comanche-pup
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Comanche-pup » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:21 pm

I just sent the link to this post to "Fraternal order of Marines" so they can contact you guys if they are interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:42 pm

Talked to rob with no warrior left behind and they are def in. Should need around 20-30seats again. Just that group. I havent heard from others. Id like to expand to more groups for sure! Kinda waiting for a wave of boats to call as well. Im thinkin the boats have been before and just know whats gonna need to happen. I hope. We do really need another great showing of boats. I dont know how to make it easier or cheaper its already free on a saturday lol

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:47 pm

Btw i understand theres another event the same day. I personally dont care! I love airboats, the sport of airboating, and the community. We have had events the same day before and it was ok. Its also first day of track season. I have faith in our cause and the people putting this on. This is for the military and the captains not the few people calling it an event. I hope this and their event are safe and as big as possible!

Scarecrow
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Scarecrow » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:23 pm

You might get more volunteers if you moved it up a few weeks next year,gun season opens in Ga. on Oct. 18 and a lot guys head up to their leases----just a suggestion. :dontknow: :rebel:

bwright
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by bwright » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:32 pm

FSCA Meeting is tomorrow night I'll ask around and see who's available sure will have some participants you can count me in I'll be there.
Palm Beach open hull, full grass rake, conduit rigging, up stack I0540, swinging A Q series 72', single rudder / old school

"You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life"

Winston Churchill.

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:36 pm

Unfortunately, my big boat is most likely not going to be ready by then. That's kind of a shame because we put quite a crowd on it last year. I could potentially take one or two (smaller) people on the sled if need be. It would have to be someone mobile since it's not particularly roomy.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

Return to “Airboat Talk”