2014 HEROES TRAIL RIDE IN 2A

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: 2014 HEROES TRAIL RIDE IN 2A

Post by digginfool » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:53 pm

Not unless you plan on doing it at night. 2A is will still be closed. I think it is closed until the 19th.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

PM
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by PM » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:34 pm

You are correct Greg. It is closed until 1/2 hour after sunset on Sunday the 19th.
FWC was at the camp Saturday and he said he was looking for people without the permit. He didn't sound too thrilled about doing it but did say it was a $250.00 fine and it could be pushed as a misdemeanor.
15' Rivermaster (Hoffman)

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:30 pm

Oh. well. how about that.

pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by pipedog » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:45 pm

PM wrote:You are correct Greg. It is closed until 1/2 hour after sunset on Sunday the 19th.
FWC was at the camp Saturday and he said he was looking for people without the permit. He didn't sound too thrilled about doing it but did say it was a $250.00 fine and it could be pushed as a misdemeanor.
Holy sh!t that is some stupid crap :scratch:
Palm Beach open hull 13'9" with 6.0 F.I. LS - Ox Box and a 3bld "R"

SpencerMullins
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SpencerMullins » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:46 pm

I had a long talk with the FWC south region guy who is incharge of all the permits and hunting. All you have to do is apply for the permit, and in the comments section explain what you are doing "working on camp" :bs: and staying south of the east west trail. They have all been pre approved and you will recieve you confirmation permit email within a day or so.

http://myfwc.com/license/public-land-us ... use-other/

Spencer
Camp Ramblin' Rose
Bob "Koon Dawg" McDonald Grandson
15' Rivermaster 350 2.12 gear box 79" Wisper tip

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:37 pm

But the permit is only for camp owners. Us common folk need not apply. ;)
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:32 am

Its getting close and things are lining up! Ive got a few calls from captains and even a few calls from vets that heard about us! Please any boat captain available come on out!

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:16 pm

Huge thanks again this year. Sports Gold just dropped off the drinks!

CONTINENTAL CRACKER
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by CONTINENTAL CRACKER » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:47 am

If my f250 is back from the shop I am going to say thanks to all vets. I am going to see if my pops is able to make this ride. He will injoy the thanks that everyone is giving the vets. He is a vet and thanks a vet evertime he comes across one. He also thanks any service man or woman for there service to this great nation. I hope he feels up to it. I have been takeing care of him threw all of the sergeys he has been going threw. I just hope he feels up to it. This forth surgery has taken a toll on him. He didn't want any help even thow he needed it. I told him not to worry because when I got out of the coma and needed to recover for a long time him and my mom were there to take care of me and I would do the same even if I never got hurt. He is my dad and nothing would stop me from helping. He has always been there to pick me up in any bad times. More people need to thank vets and realy give thanks to the men and woman that have made this great nation we call home.
I WOULD RATHER PADDLE A CANOE THAN OWN A WATERPUMPER

pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by pipedog » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:01 am

CONTINENTAL CRACKER wrote:If my f250 is back from the shop I am going to say thanks to all vets. I am going to see if my pops is able to make this ride. He will injoy the thanks that everyone is giving the vets. He is a vet and thanks a vet evertime he comes across one. He also thanks any service man or woman for there service to this great nation. I hope he feels up to it. I have been takeing care of him threw all of the sergeys he has been going threw. I just hope he feels up to it. This forth surgery has taken a toll on him. He didn't want any help even thow he needed it. I told him not to worry because when I got out of the coma and needed to recover for a long time him and my mom were there to take care of me and I would do the same even if I never got hurt. He is my dad and nothing would stop me from helping. He has always been there to pick me up in any bad times. More people need to thank vets and realy give thanks to the men and woman that have made this great nation we call home.
I hope it works out to where you and your dad can make the trip :salute: :old_glory:
Palm Beach open hull 13'9" with 6.0 F.I. LS - Ox Box and a 3bld "R"

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:19 pm

I hope to the the 2 of yall out there. If not tell him thanks from us anyway

CONTINENTAL CRACKER
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by CONTINENTAL CRACKER » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:54 pm

I hope he is up to it. But will tell him thanks from yo all.
I WOULD RATHER PADDLE A CANOE THAN OWN A WATERPUMPER

460 FULLTRACK
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by 460 FULLTRACK » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:34 pm

This is the last weekend of the closure. If you apply for the permit, all you need to say is what camp you are going to. It is not limited to camp owners only.

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:59 pm

It for sure wont be closed next saturday
Any hurricanes around hahaha looking back i had a great time in those 50mph winds. Should be just right next weekend. Ill be out friday afternoon to start prepping and ride a lil. Goin to get most the storable goods tonight

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:21 pm

I'm almost ready here. I guess that I will have to go buy the mattress' my self since no one else has been able to supply any. Fortunately, "Diggin" pitched in with a generous donation so that I will not have to do this alone. Steve Reid has donated so many times that it is hard to keep track of. Many of my "FAMILLY" has been a part of my functions and we get bigger each year. I am off work on the 23rd, 24th, and should be able to be off on 25th. This will be another great event as usual and look forward to seeing you all here on the 25th. :cheers:
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

SteveReid
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by SteveReid » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:02 pm

Skinnypockets and i will be down Thursday the 23rd since you will be free for 2 days and maybe we can get something done. We are getting a ride up for Sunday in 3A with digginfool leading the pack. Come on out for the Hero's ride and make plans for Sunday also. Be good to see friends again.

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:48 pm

And I promise I won't leave the GPS at home. ;)

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:34 pm

Ill be cleaning up sunday haha

flcracker9
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by flcracker9 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:15 pm

Where will most of you be launching from? At this point in time, would a monetary donation help with things, if so, how would I go about doing so?
12' Open Palm Beach, IO-0470-L 260hp, 72" NGQ

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:53 am

So i just talked to the guy from nwlb and theyre thinkin 15 seats. Ive heard of another 4 or so riders captains are bringing. I think its gonna be close. Nwlb said that group will be using lox ramp. Im getting nervous, hope it goes good this year.

Gas4blood
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gas4blood » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:24 pm

@blackwater ok im gonna talk to nwlb again on wed or thurs ill see if we can split em up better. Itd be prime to get another 10 vets or soldiers at stub. Let me know if yall have any ideas. Might just be swingin by the vfw and askin them

jimmyflfr
Southern Airboat Member

Post by jimmyflfr » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:49 pm

I am gonna go I have room for 3 if anybody needs a ride I'll put in at sawgrass or stub canal wherever is easier . Pm me if needed

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:11 pm

flcracker9 wrote:Where will most of you be launching from? At this point in time, would a monetary donation help with things, if so, how would I go about doing so?
"flcracker9". Do you have a response on the donation yet? I have a paypal account for these events. Anyone wishing to help can donate at paypal , account name is--Gerald.motes@yahoo.com .Thank you for you're help.

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:31 pm

Volunteers, please do not use Sawgrass Rec. Park if you can help it. Their season has started and spaces are limited. On top of that, the owner (Rick Soverns) has donated a boat and driver for the event that will accommodate 8 people . I have another boat at the house if needed that will accommodate 6. :cheers:

flcracker9
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by flcracker9 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:38 pm

newoldglory wrote:
flcracker9 wrote:Where will most of you be launching from? At this point in time, would a monetary donation help with things, if so, how would I go about doing so?
"flcracker9". Do you have a response on the donation yet? I have a paypal account for these events. Anyone wishing to help can donate at paypal , account name is--Gerald.motes@yahoo.com .Thank you for you're help.

Not until now Gerald. Thanks for the information. I'd like to attend the event, just don't have enough confidence in my driving skills to take on one of the Vets in my boat, but at least I could contribute to the cause?
Kevin
12' Open Palm Beach, IO-0470-L 260hp, 72" NGQ

Return to “Airboat Talk”